Some super short missions and....blue team?..

So, I really enjoyed Halo 5 as a whole and I thought it was great. However, with 12/15 missions being Locke, it could have been more like 9 or 10 locke missions.
I believe it was mission 9, all you do is find palmer, talk to her, find halsey, talk to her. The end. 343, I respect you…but that is NOT a mission…that could have easily been part of the mission after. No enemies, nothing to do, just walk and talk.
Also, I need to ask…why are there only 3 missions of Blue Team?..also am I missing a huge chunk of story or something, cause I feel as if I’ve missed something. Just the way that the game starts, no introduction to who Fred Kelly and Linda are, I still have no idea why they’re together again…heck…I though Linda died in Halo Legends.
I am aware that Buck had his intro through the Halo: New Blood book. Also, I have been keeping up with Halo 5 news until the weeks before release, but Im still confused about it all.

Three missions are super short open-area missions where you just walk around and talk to people. And none of them are with Blue Team. Could have been an intermission between missions but nope, it’s treated as an actual mission.

Remember that cutscene with Roland finding out Cortana’s alive? How confused he was and his questions were being ignored? That’s how I felt through the entire game.

> 2533274856723140;2:
> Three missions are super short open-area missions where you just walk around and talk to people. And none of them are with Blue Team. Could have been an intermission between missions but nope, it’s treated as an actual mission.
>
> Remember that cutscene with Roland finding out Cortana’s alive? How confused he was and his questions were being ignored? That’s how I felt through the entire game.

Well with mission 1 (I am replaying the game rn) you aren’t really introduced to anyone…you know their names, if you’ve played Halo before you should know who Buck is, and you may know who locke is, but we arent introduced to Vale and Tanaka at all really. Or how they were recruited or when they got to infinity.

> 2533274924290830;3:
> > 2533274856723140;2:
> > Three missions are super short open-area missions where you just walk around and talk to people. And none of them are with Blue Team. Could have been an intermission between missions but nope, it’s treated as an actual mission.
> >
> > Remember that cutscene with Roland finding out Cortana’s alive? How confused he was and his questions were being ignored? That’s how I felt through the entire game.
>
>
> Well with mission 1 (I am replaying the game rn) you aren’t really introduced to anyone…you know their names, if you’ve played Halo before you should know who Buck is, and you may know who locke is, but we arent introduced to Vale and Tanaka at all really. Or how they were recruited or when they got to infinity.

Oh I know about Fred and Linda and Kelly, I know Buck was recruited into the Spartan IVs, and I know Chief’s been reunited with Blue Team for a while now. I was just confused on the whole Cortana-being-alive-and-everyone-acting-like-it’s-normal-thing, and a few other plot points I can’t be bothered to delve into detail about right now. I’m very big on the lore, but I still feel like I was missing something throughout the story.

And I also tried to look at the story from the perspective of someone who only plays the games, not reading books or comics or anything else, and it would be even more confusing. Weird that they went that route concerning telling the story.

I feel like if you haven’t played Halo before…the story will not make sense.
Things I want to know:
Why is Cortana alive?
Why are Blue Team back and we were introduced at all?
Why were we not introduced to Fireteam Osiris?
Why on Earth does the campaign end with all 8 character being confused, and Lasky just running away from an AI?
And
What were 343 on?

Marketing, because for some reason they didn’t want to say “10 missions”

I was so confused when i started the campain, other than knowing buck from ODST and Locke from nightfall, i had no idea who the other spartans were or what they had to do with anything. I didnt even know Master Chef lead a fireteam.
Though i was relieved to see cortana alive.
Mission 9 was rediculously short, it was more like just the start of an actual mission.

> 2535443111783564;7:
> I was so confused when i started the campain, other than knowing buck from ODST and Locke from nightfall, i had no idea who the other spartans were or what they had to do with anything. I didnt even know Master Chef lead a fireteam.
> Though i was relieved to see cortana alive.
> Mission 9 was rediculously short, it was more like just the start of an actual mission.

Agreed on Mission 9, also do you mean Master Chief?..You said Master Chef xDD
leads army of chefs to war

> 2533274924290830;5:
> I feel like if you haven’t played Halo before…the story will not make sense.
> Things I want to know:
> Why is Cortana alive?
> Why are Blue Team back and we were introduced at all?
> Why were we not introduced to Fireteam Osiris?
> Why on Earth does the campaign end with all 8 character being confused, and Lasky just running away from an AI?
> And
> What were 343 on?

Yep, the story was below average, imo.

Arena is great tho…

> 2533274873954403;9:
> > 2533274924290830;5:
> > I feel like if you haven’t played Halo before…the story will not make sense.
> > Things I want to know:
> > Why is Cortana alive?
> > Why are Blue Team back and we were introduced at all?
> > Why were we not introduced to Fireteam Osiris?
> > Why on Earth does the campaign end with all 8 character being confused, and Lasky just running away from an AI?
> > And
> > What were 343 on?
>
>
> Yep, the story was below average, imo.
>
> Arena is great tho…

Agreed…except Pegasus on SWAT. Worst map ever…hate it so much… -w-

I loved how three of the missions in “the longest halo campaign yet, double the length of h4” were literally 2 second walk around talk to npc x start next mission deals…

I agree with the sentiment that the walk around missions should have been rolled into the mission following them. We essentially had a 12 mission campaign.

Character development and introduction weren’t handled overly well. There was a huge reliance on people being familiar with the lore, which was ironic because all of the recent stuff was hinting that ONI was becoming the antagonist.

I really enjoyed the gameplay and the way the levels were designed to utilize those new abilities, but I wish that the same care had gone into a cohesive story. I don’t mind Cortana becoming the bad guy, it just seemed to come a little out of left field, at least for me.

I’m reminded of a quote from Josh Holmes taking about how big and expansive this story would be in one of the viDocs, and he said that the final product is like half of what they started with. I think that that is a telling quote, and would explain why stuff doesn’t seem quite fleshed out and feels a little rushed.

> 2533274924290830;5:
> Things I want to know:
> Why is Cortana alive?
> Why are Blue Team back and we were introduced at all?
> Why were we not introduced to Fireteam Osiris?
> Why on Earth does the campaign end with all 8 character being confused, and Lasky just running away from an AI?
> And
> What were 343 on?

Warning spoilers below

Cortana is not alive. It is one of her split off that she used during Halo 4 to override a few terminals; Cortana sacrificed herself for humanity and serves humanity, this Cortana will see humanity destroyed so the rest of the galaxy can be at “peace”. And how this rampant split off got to the domain is explained in a conversation with her (Halo 5: Guardians All Cutscenes (Game Movie) with Legendary Ending 60FPS 1080p - YouTube) as well as foreshadowing at the end of Halo 4.

The ending is known as a cliff hanger and unanswered questions are a part of that. These questions are usually answered upon the next segment of the story.

> 2533274924290830;5:

Its called Halo 5 for a reason.

> 2533274832130936;11:
> I loved how three of the missions in “the longest halo campaign yet, double the length of h4” were literally 2 second walk around talk to npc x start next mission deals…

If those missions only took you a few seconds you were playing them wrong. Mission 9 is one of my favourite halo missions of all time. there are so many easter eggs and references in that level.

> 2533274924290830;8:
> > 2535443111783564;7:
> > I was so confused when i started the campain, other than knowing buck from ODST and Locke from nightfall, i had no idea who the other spartans were or what they had to do with anything. I didnt even know Master Chef lead a fireteam.
> > Though i was relieved to see cortana alive.
> > Mission 9 was rediculously short, it was more like just the start of an actual mission.
>
>
> Agreed on Mission 9, also do you mean Master Chief?..You said Master Chef xDD
> leads army of chefs to war

PMSL yeah you mean what i know lol