Some stuff from Reach will return, right?

All this talk about how Halo 4 should be nothing like Reach (which kind of I agree) is begining give me fears that the good things about Reach would be scrapped or devolved.

Forge, Firefight, and the near infinite options in custom games is what made Reach my favorite Halo, despite the fact that almost everything else about it sucked. Yea, I’m looking at you campaign, bloom, and AAs (except sprint & jetpack).

Anyways, I hope that the good stuff from Reach returns with a Halo CE/2-ish campaign and a Halo 2/3-ish multiplayer.

Don’t have beef with Sprint, but no jetback please…

I liked the revenant vehicle in Reach, was pretty awesome. Plus some of the gamemodes weren’t that bad either.

But in terms of actual gameplay mechanics, H1/H2/H3 all the way.

I would be fine with features such as Loadouts that don’t affect gameplay, and can simply be turned off.

Those are the kinds of things I would like transferred from Halo: Reach to Halo 4; features that would not harm core gameplay, but only add to it in a way that the user can manipulate and even turn the feature off.

However, I would be happy if 343i just viewed Halo 4 as a direct transition from Halo 3. I saddens me that the mention the next equipment system to be an evolution from Halo: Reach and not Halo 3’s.

I personally thought that Halo: Reach’s Armor Abilities were taken into account when maps were made, which was not necessarily a good thing. At all. If features had that much of an influence to the point where it changed the way maps were designed, they weren’t good. That’s mostly why I didn’t like Armor Abilities.

Safe to assume the forge upgrades will transition over. They’ve already shown at least two AAs will be in the game,

Other than that there’s really not much difference between Halo games you can’t fix with adjusting weapon damage and movement speed.

Bro i think there is more stuff returning from reach then we want to…

They’re most likely keeping Forge, Custom Games, and Firefight. It’s a must. All I know that they are keeping some of the AA’s, like Jetpack and Sprint. I don’t know about the rest though. Hopefully Halo 4’s campaign is good, or just good enough. I really like the campaigns in most of the Halos, so they better not screw that up.

yeah forge,firefight and better custom games can be implemented into h4,but the rest should stay where it came from

> <mark>Don’t have beef with Sprint, but no jetback please…</mark>
>
> I liked the revenant vehicle in Reach, was pretty awesome. Plus some of the gamemodes weren’t that bad either.
>
> But in terms of actual gameplay mechanics, H1/H2/H3 all the way.

I agree. The jetpack is my most hated AA. Well I only hate Armor lock and jet pack. Cloak should return as a power-up, and Armor lock should be ditched for the ol overshield power-up (with “perhaps” new tweaks).

Invasion was pretty nice. Forge in Reach did some things better that Halo 3 couldn’t. Forge world and pieces just got repetitive, but I still have tons of fun with custom game maps. Tbh, I’d take the Brute chopper over the revenant any day.

Edit: Firefight in Reach = Easy mode. It needs to be a bit similar to odst firefight.

hopefully not.

> All this talk about how Halo 4 should be nothing like Reach (which kind of I agree) is begining give me fears that the good things about Reach would be scrapped or devolved.
>
> Forge, Firefight, and the near infinite options in custom games is what made Reach my favorite Halo, despite the fact that almost everything else about it sucked. Yea, I’m looking at you campaign, bloom, and AAs <mark>(except sprint & jetpack).</mark>
>
> Anyways, I hope that the good stuff from Reach returns with a Halo CE/2-ish campaign and a Halo 2/3-ish multiplayer.

kill me now.

> > <mark>Don’t have beef with Sprint, but no jetback please…</mark>
> >
> > I liked the revenant vehicle in Reach, was pretty awesome. Plus some of the gamemodes weren’t that bad either.
> >
> > But in terms of actual gameplay mechanics, H1/H2/H3 all the way.
>
> I agree. The jetpack is my most hated AA. Well I only hate Armor lock and jet pack. Cloak should return as a power ability, and Armor lock should be ditched for the ol overshield power up (with “perhaps” new tweaks).
>
> Invasion was pretty nice. Forge in Reach did some things better that Halo 3 couldn’t. Forge world and pieces just got repetitive, but I still have tons of fun with custom game maps. Tbh, I’d take the Brute chopper over the revenant any day.
>
> Edit: Firefight in Reach = Easy mode. It needs to be a bit similar to odst firefight.

I agree with you however I wish they would get rid of all AA’s in general. I like sprint, maybe as a power up on some maps for a little more speed, but not sprint. Also, I hate drop shield, if your gonna have anything, it needs to be the bubble shield.

I’d be happy if Evade returned for Elites.

> hopefully not.
>
>
>
> > All this talk about how Halo 4 should be nothing like Reach (which kind of I agree) is begining give me fears that the good things about Reach would be scrapped or devolved.
> >
> > Forge, Firefight, and the near infinite options in custom games is what made Reach my favorite Halo, despite the fact that almost everything else about it sucked. Yea, I’m looking at you campaign, bloom, and AAs <mark>(except sprint & jetpack).</mark>
> >
> > Anyways, I hope that the good stuff from Reach returns with a Halo CE/2-ish campaign and a Halo 2/3-ish multiplayer.
>
> kill me now.

are you Yoinking! me? Sprint only! get rid of everything else, its useless and only noobs jetpacks up in the air cause they’re so frickin scared to have a ground combat

I would like Reach’s radar to return. You could tell if enemies were above or below you. However I did notice in the first look video that allies were green on radar. At least I’m assuming they were allies.