Some questions about the game.

Im only interested in a few details about the game.

Can the assault rifle beat the DMR in close quarters now? Was it made stronger? (one main problem in reach, the assault rifle could NEVER beat the DMR in a straight up fight at ANY distance which basically made it a useless weapon unless you could ambush them)

Are explosive weapons weaker? What is the explosion range compared to Reach? (someone shoots a rocket/plasma bomb 6 feet away from you and you still die, 3 feet away from themselves and they dont have a scratch. damage dispersal is not balanced in reach)

Is the banshee still in the game and is it weaker? Has the banshee bomb cooldown been made slower? Has its dodge rolling ability been reduced or limited? (banshees broke many of Reachs multiplayer maps. Because when you spawn with nothing but a DMR and assault rifle, against a vehicle that can shoot instant killing shots just about every second, you had no chance.)

Has the spawning been fixed more to Halo 3’s level? (In H3 if a enemy was near a spawn point you would spawn in a very different location away from the danger. In Reach that was all blown out the window. You respawn in the same general area no matter how close or far the enemy was. Which is the main reason that spawn killer teams are plaguing Halo’s multiplayer now.)

No one can tell me?

> Can the assault rifle beat the DMR in close quarters now? Was it made stronger? (one main problem in reach, the assault rifle could NEVER beat the DMR in a straight up fight at ANY distance which basically made it a useless weapon unless you could ambush them)

I saw some people wreck DMR,BR,Carbine, and light rifle users at close ranges with AR, suppressor, and Storm Rifle. Its definitely stronger than the pew pew shooter in Reach.

> Are explosive weapons weaker? What is the explosion range compared to Reach? (someone shoots a rocket/plasma bomb 6 feet away from you and you still die, 3 feet away from themselves and they dont have a scratch. damage dispersal is not balanced in reach)

I only had the incineration cannon once, that was the only heavy weapon I had and didn’t get to test much out. The grenades were great. I never once wondered how that grenade hit me.

> Is the banshee still in the game and is it weaker? Has the banshee bomb cooldown been made slower? Has its dodge rolling ability been reduced or limited? (banshees broke many of Reachs multiplayer maps. Because when you spawn with nothing but a DMR and assault rifle, against a vehicle that can shoot instant killing shots just about every second, you had no chance.)

I didn’t play Exile.

> Has the spawning been fixed more to Halo 3’s level? (In H3 if a enemy was near a spawn point you would spawn in a very different location away from the danger. In Reach that was all blown out the window. You respawn in the same general area no matter how close or far the enemy was. Which is the main reason that spawn killer teams are plaguing Halo’s multiplayer now.)

I never spawned in a player sight lines in Regicide. I did however see a few people spawn within sights on Exile, but its a BTB map. Its a little harder to control when you can see someone half way across the map.

well thats some useful info thanks, i hope i can get some more specifics from other people.

EDIT: you may not have noticed any spawn trapping because hey everyone was mainly exploring. although im sure once the game comes out there will be more people focused on finding out how to spawn trap on every map. because thats what noobs do.

Banshee bomb’s splash damage is greatly reduced, it’s slower and less manouvreable and the flips have been made a lot less fast. It looks like it’ll be able to be destroyed when it’s flipping.

It’s not like Reach’s system where the banshee has an eplileptic fit across the map spewing fuel rods - it seems to be way more balanced now. Abusing the banshee was my pet hate in Reach so I’ve been keeping a close eye on this one

> Banshee bomb’s splash damage is greatly reduced, it’s slower and less manouvreable and the flips have been made a lot less fast. It looks like it’ll be able to be destroyed when it’s flipping.
>
> It’s not like Reach’s system where the banshee has an eplileptic fit across the map spewing fuel rods - it seems to be way more balanced now. Abusing the banshee was my pet hate in Reach so I’ve been keeping a close eye on this one

i did notice in the gameplay videos the banshee wasnt -Yoinking!- everything it aimed at with a single bomb shot. but it did seem to switch to plasma bolts like instantly. then fired another bomb maybe 2 seconds later?

> Banshee bomb’s splash damage is greatly reduced, it’s slower and less manouvreable and the flips have been made a lot less fast. It looks like it’ll be able to be destroyed when it’s flipping.
>
> It’s not like Reach’s system where the banshee has an eplileptic fit across the map spewing fuel rods - it seems to be way more balanced now. Abusing the banshee was my pet hate in Reach so I’ve been keeping a close eye on this one

The Banshee’s plasma cannons and FRG are actually more effective now, because the game is so fast paced with sprint, thrusters, Jet Pack, etc… But the tricks are indeed slower and smoother.

Every weapon is useful at it’s range. Surely the DMR or the BR cover a bigger range (Mid to Long) compared to the AR (Close) but the AR will still win at it range.

Explosives in general have been nerfed in some way (Slower Rockets, no grenades pickup from dead bodys, grenades radius) also the grenade indicator should help you recive less damage from grenade spamming.

The Banshee is a little slower when evading in any direction, therefore easyer to get destroyed, on the other hand the Banshee “Bomb” recharges slightly faster.

Spawning seems to be better than other Halo games, anyways i think that spawn trapping is going to be in the game for team games since it’s a good thing for competitive plays. (MLG The PIT <3 )

> > Banshee bomb’s splash damage is greatly reduced, it’s slower and less manouvreable and the flips have been made a lot less fast. It looks like it’ll be able to be destroyed when it’s flipping.
> >
> > It’s not like Reach’s system where the banshee has an eplileptic fit across the map spewing fuel rods - it seems to be way more balanced now. Abusing the banshee was my pet hate in Reach so I’ve been keeping a close eye on this one
>
> The Banshee’s plasma cannons and FRG are actually more effective now, because the game is so fast paced with sprint, thrusters, Jet Pack, etc… But the tricks are indeed slower and smoother.

im just trying to find out simply,

Bomb cooldown time faster or slower?

bomb damage/spread lower or higher?

speed/maneuvers slowed down or sped up?

overall armor increased/decreased?

> Every weapon is useful at it’s range. Surely the DMR or the BR cover a bigger range (Mid to Long) compared to the AR (Close) but the AR will still win at it range.
>
> Explosives in general have been nerfed in some way (Slower Rockets, no grenades pickup from dead bodys, grenades radius) also the grenade indicator should help you recive less damage from grenade spamming.
>
> The Banshee is a little slower when evading in any direction, therefore easyer to get destroyed, on the other hand the Banshee “Bomb” recharges slightly faster.
>
> Spawning seems to be better than other Halo games, anyways i think that spawn trapping is going to be in the game for team games since it’s a good thing for competitive plays. (MLG The PIT <3 )

**** spawn trapping and the vile pit of the halo community it came from.

> > > Banshee bomb’s splash damage is greatly reduced, it’s slower and less manouvreable and the flips have been made a lot less fast. It looks like it’ll be able to be destroyed when it’s flipping.
> > >
> > > It’s not like Reach’s system where the banshee has an eplileptic fit across the map spewing fuel rods - it seems to be way more balanced now. Abusing the banshee was my pet hate in Reach so I’ve been keeping a close eye on this one
> >
> > The Banshee’s plasma cannons and FRG are actually more effective now, because the game is so fast paced with sprint, thrusters, Jet Pack, etc… But the tricks are indeed slower and smoother.
>
> im just trying to find out simply,
>
> Bomb cooldown time faster or slower?
>
> bomb damage/spread lower or higher?
>
> speed/maneuvers slowed down or sped up?
>
> overall armor increased/decreased?

I wish I knew, when I heard there was a Banshee on Exile I couldn’t wait the see gameplay from it. But there is only one gameplay I found and the person died in less than a minute…