Some people...

Edited by Moderator - Please do not make nonconstructive posts.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Some people take themselves so serious that nobody else has too.

That’s really how I feel when I come to these forums and all I see is complaining. I understand that halo has changed. I understand some people are unhappy with it, but…please understand…

its just a game.

Why can’t some people just accept halo for what it is and enjoy it? And if you don’t enjoy it, find another game or another way to find some entertainment. I don’t know where this sense of entitlement has come from. I remember back in the day when you played a game, if you didn’t like it, you just didn’t play it. There were no forums to run to for any game back then. And once a game was finished back then, there were no patches, there was no feedback. You just enjoyed it the way it was, broken or not, or you found another game…

Anyway, I know there’s really nothing constructive to add here just pointing out my disappointment in these ‘‘fan boys’’, ‘‘veterans’’, ‘‘casuals’’, and ‘‘pros’’.

>

People forget this a lot unfortunately.

> >
>
> When you’ve been playing the series for almost 12 years now it becomes more than ‘just a game.’
> Just my 2 cents.

> >
>
> True, It’s just a game.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vj_Os-plXc
>
> A “Game”, It just means so much more, to so many more people.

And now I understand where these ppl get this sense of entitlement. I guess when you enjoy something for so long you think you own the place.

I miss the days before the internet.

Everyone knows it’s a game and any claims to the contrary are just attempts to belittle others by making it seem they are upset for no reason.

People have poured countless hours into Halo. Some have become passionate about all aspects of the game: from campaign to theater to multiplayer.

Ever since Halo: CE was released I loved Halo. I played the original campaign countless times because it never got old to me. Halo has been a part of my life and has helped me through some difficult times by allowing me to relax and take my mind off things. I have also met some truly amazing people whilst playing and now these friendships extend beyond just Halo.

People have every right to be upset about Halo making such drastic changes and that is something you should be able to respect. At its core, it is just a game; content on a disc, if you will. But it also means a lot to hundreds of thousands of people.

It’s pretty disrespectful of you to belittle that.

> And if you don’t enjoy it, find another game or another way to find some entertainment.

  1. Stating “it’s just a game” is just stating common knowledge in an attempt to get people to ignore flaws with it.

  2. Why should I have to buy a different game? Halo has always been designed in a specific manner. If I wanted to play something else, I’d buy something else.

Why people demand Infinity remains when there are tons of similar games to Infinity on the market astounds me. If you don’t like how Halo has always played, buy something else…

  1. Many people already moved on and have found new games. That is not good for Halo 4, or Halo as a whole.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not flame/attack others.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

> Everyone knows it’s a game and any claims to the contrary are just attempts to belittle others by making it seem they are upset for no reason.
>
> People have poured countless hours into Halo. Some have become passionate about all aspects of the game: from campaign to theater to multiplayer.
>
> Ever since Halo: CE was released I loved Halo. I played the original campaign countless times because it never got old to me. Halo has been a part of my life and has helped me through some difficult times by allowing me to relax and take my mind off things. I have also met some truly amazing people whilst playing and now these friendships extend beyond just Halo.
>
> People have every right to be upset about Halo making such drastic changes and that is something you should be able to respect. At its core, it is just a game; content on a disc, if you will. But it also means a lot to hundreds of thousands of people.
>
> It’s pretty disrespectful of you to belittle that.

I’m not belittling the fans. I understand how the concept of value works. Two different people can pull different value from the same object. However just because certain fans feel they have spent more time in game, doesn’t justify being hateful or “freaking out” over a game. In reality, its just data on a disc. And even in your fantasy…it’s still just a game.

Either enjoy it or don’t, but complaining and acting like a self entitled brat doesn’t do anything.

> > And if you don’t enjoy it, find another game or another way to find some entertainment.
>
> 1. Stating “it’s just a game” is just stating common knowledge in an attempt to get people to ignore flaws with it.
>
> 2. Why should I have to buy a different game? Halo has always been designed in a specific manner. If I wanted to play something else, I’d buy something else.
>
> Why people demand Infinity remains when there are tons of similar games to Infinity on the market astounds me. If you don’t like how Halo has always played, buy something else…
>
> 3. Many people already moved on and have found new games. That is not good for Halo 4, or Halo as a whole.

  1. Games have flaws - Fact. I get over it.
  2. Because you don’t enjoy this one?
  3. Who are you to decide what’s good for halo 4?

> And if you don’t enjoy it, find another game or another way to find some entertainment.

We have, we have found other games to play instead of Halo, why else do you think the population is as low as it is?

People have the right to complain, and even moreso when a company like 343I takes a game that many of us enjoyed and then mutilated it to create the game we now have.

IF people keep GOING AWAY to play something else then Halo will beocme a barren wasteland where you wont find games to play, so if anything I think you and others with the logic “Dont like it dont play it” should understand that it is better to have the company fix the game to BRING back players instead of telling people to go away.

Dont get me wrong Halo 4 is not a bad game, but it is not a good HALO game.

If this was just a generic FPS SciFi shooter or didnt have the name Halo on it it would be decent but when you claim to have made a HALO game you know or should know what the fanbase is expecting out of it, and wha tHalo 4 delivered is not it at all.

“Self-entitled”

Oh, boy… I see that line more and more nowadays. I will also explain another concept to you. One of basic consumerism. I paid for the product and I except it to fulfill X need for me. In this case, it happens to be entertainment. Halo 4 is entertaining but not to the level of previous titles. I want that to be changed.

If the game was free perhaps the self-entitled line would work but it is not applicable or relevant here.

Also, I’m not sure who is “freaking out.” I see more people calmly expressing their concerns about the game than not. Hell, I see perfectly reasonable posts get censored by the mods around here simply because they dislike Halo 4 - there is a clear double standard around here when it comes to opinions.

People have every right to be upset.

>

Did you know, back in the day if you were thought to be a witch or wizard you could be killed? My point is… Times change. Now whilst you could make the same point for Halo and Halo 4, the game hasn’t improved, it has become significantly worse in the last few iterations.

Whilst you can sit and enjoy a broken game, I will not and I am sure many others will do the same as myself. The forums are here for a reason, to give your feedback, positive or negative.

Having a sense of entitlement has always been around, before the internet you had to be better than your friends and family, now you have to be better than everyone. You always had to be the very best, and ignoring that tells me that you are blinded by nostalgia.
I remember back in the late 90’s I prided myself on being the best in the family, and it destroyed me when I wasn’t. I worked hard to be the best, in games, at school (lol, not really), and in sports.

I would say more, but I honestly can’t find the words to vent my frustration at this thread.

>

It’s 2013, forums exist to give the developers feedback on their game. Obviously they want feedback. You’re suggesting we just ignore it?

If there were no forums or social media for Halo 4’s release then we’d still have the super grenade glitch, we’d still have an overpowered boltshot and much more.

You may not realize it, but people give feedback, complain, moan, etc because they LOVE Halo, they want it to be the best game out there, we all do.

> “Self-entitled”
>
> Oh, boy… I see that line more and more nowadays. I will also explain another concept to you. One of basic consumerism. I paid for the product and I except it to fulfill X need for me. In this case, it happens to be entertainment. Halo 4 is entertaining but not to the level of previous titles. I want that to be changed.
>
> If the game was free perhaps the self-entitled line would work but it is not applicable or relevant here.
>
> Also, I’m not sure who is “freaking out.” I see more people calmly expressing their concerns about the game than not. Hell, I see perfectly reasonable posts get censored by the mods around here simply because they dislike Halo 4 - there is a clear double standard around here when it comes to opinions.
>
> People have every right to be upset.

They have a right to be upset but I will not recognize it as valid.

No, not at -Yoinking!- all. For a franchise that runs so deep that people have grown up with it, it’s not just a game. It’s a memory. It’s a childhood.

Let’s make an example. Song of Ice and Fire. Let’s say George R. R. Martin died and someone were to succeed him. He promised gold and rolling green plains and fans saw it as the beginning of something brilliant.

This man, who swore to pass GRRMs legacy to the fans, and make it brilliant, made something horrible, awful and basically ruined something so dear to an incredibly large fanbase who grew up with this magnificent world of fantasy. It’d be a disaster.

Halo, for me is like the Song of Ice and Fire. Of course it’s not only a game if it’s one of the greatest things and memories you have from your childhood.

Stop pretending this is just another FPS. It’s -Yoinking!- not, and I’m gutted to see what has been made of it.

You have your opinion, I have mine, and others have theirs.

Everyone is allowed to have said opinion and is allowed to express said opinion as long as it is within the confines of our rules and guidelines.

Making threads like this serves nothing but to divide when we should be trying to unite.