Some people like Locke more?!?!?!

I’m not saying this in a bad way but, I just want to know why. Based on one of my polls, I saw that about 30% of the voters liked Locke more. For me, I like Master Chief more and always will. If you like Locke more, tell me about your reason and what you think!
Edit: I think some people read this wrong but I’m not saying that liking Locke more is bad. I don’t know a lot about this yet but don’t get mad at me just because “I don’t know enough facts”. I don’t spend 24/7 of my time following this so… don’t get mad. Some people like me actually don’t get a lot of time to do these things or research.

Here’s the link to the poll if you want to see it:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/90a6869bcf944c54a17102ac9e31da1a/topics/locke-or-master-chief/809e3eb3-db28-48ed-970c-3f56e1967c0e/posts

I think it’s mostly because he’s a new character. We already know all about Chief, but Locke seems intriguing, and I think that appeals to alot of players.

While I enjoy Chief more I can see why others would like Locke. He is a new face to the game. He is an unknown variable that we have yet to experience. We have been with the chief for 15 years. We can guess what kind of motives or decisions he may make because of all the games we have been through. But we don’t know how Locke will react. We don’t know if he is just some ONI lap dog that plays by the rules or if he will seek out the real truth. And humans love the unknown of a good mystery. Plus Chief is a badass so for someone to hunt him down makes you wonder how badass the hunter is.

Locke or Master Chief LazyLink

According to your statement you went in with a closed mind, your vote towards this would be considered void for being biased.
Do you know other facts of Locke when comparing to the Master Chief?
Is your statement based on all the previous games and books that surround you when talking about the Chief?

For me to answer this question I will have to play Halo 5 and or read. I feel that for myself and you further study is needed.

Because dat armor is GORGEOUS

Chief we’ve been with him for a really long time and we already know more than enough about him. Locke on the other hand we don’t know much about at all and that is why I find him more interesting. That and he is brave enough to accept a request to go after blue team and chief that in my book scores a lot of extra points. I will just say this now if 343 decides not to kill him off I hope that when they end chief’s story locke will be the new main character. Pobably won’t happen but I want to keep an open mind.

I just saw that new trailer… saw Master Chief’s light turn off. What I thought: “Spartans never die, they respawn.” XD

> 2533274871590643;5:
> Locke or Master Chief LazyLink
>
> According to your statement you went in with a closed mind, your vote towards this would be considered void for being biased.
> Do you know other facts of Locke when comparing to the Master Chief?
> Is your statement based on all the previous games and books that surround you when talking about the Chief?
>
> For me to answer this question I will have to play Halo 5 and or read. I feel that for myself and you further study is needed.

Plus he didn’t recheck Master Chief is obviously better by a landslide.

You don’t kill off the Chief just like u dont kill off Samus. They are here to stay so add Locke to blue team but don’t remove master chief don’t ever remove master chief. And that’s the bottom line cuz stone cold said so

Chief’s story will end I think people need to just accept that. Halo is a universe that is constantly expanding over years and years of events. People die, people like forge, miranda, Johnson, their stories all ended. Chief is not safe from that cycle his story will come to an end.

> 2535463924412330;1:
> I’m not saying this in a bad way but, I just want to know why. Based on one of my polls, I saw that about 30% of the voters liked Locke more. For me, I like Master Chief more and always will. If you like Locke more, tell me about your reason and what you think!
> Edit: I think some people read this wrong but I’m not saying that liking Locke more is bad. I don’t know a lot about this yet but don’t get mad at me just because “I don’t know enough facts”. I don’t spend 24/7 of my time following this so… don’t get mad. Some people like me actually don’t get a lot of time to do these things or research.

It’s kind of hard to tell what what you really mean based on your response to this thread from earlier: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/who-do-you-think-will-die-first/f1c27494-0dcf-4c48-8adc-2b82e12c81bf/posts.

You called Locke stupid but yet you know nothing about him. Take the time to research Locke and then maybe you’ll understand where he is coming from.

> 2533274829253443;12:
> > 2535463924412330;1:
> > I’m not saying this in a bad way but, I just want to know why. Based on one of my polls, I saw that about 30% of the voters liked Locke more. For me, I like Master Chief more and always will. If you like Locke more, tell me about your reason and what you think!
> > Edit: I think some people read this wrong but I’m not saying that liking Locke more is bad. I don’t know a lot about this yet but don’t get mad at me just because “I don’t know enough facts”. I don’t spend 24/7 of my time following this so… don’t get mad. Some people like me actually don’t get a lot of time to do these things or research.
>
>
> It’s kind of hard to tell what what you really mean based on your response to this thread from earlier: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/who-do-you-think-will-die-first/f1c27494-0dcf-4c48-8adc-2b82e12c81bf/posts.
>
> You called Locke stupid but yet you know nothing about him. Take the time to research Locke and then maybe you’ll understand where he is coming from.

Woops, sorry. I forgot, I better keep my thoughts to myself. Sorry to the Locke fans, I’ll try to do some research and change my comment if it hurt some of you guys. Those are just my thoughts so you can ignore them because everyone thinks different.

He’s the Boba Fett of Halo.

> 2661949065475413;14:
> He’s the Boba Fett of Halo.

Boba Fett dies.

> 2533274873783305;3:
> I think it’s mostly because he’s a new character. We already know all about Chief, but Locke seems intriguing, and I think that appeals to alot of players.

This I agree with, I wish to see what they do with him, like you said, we’ve seen a lot of Chief and know all about him, but now we wish to know more about Locke ^^

The poll keeps changing. Interesting. Locke is one popular guy. :wink:

> 2533274800962187;15:
> > 2661949065475413;14:
> > He’s the Boba Fett of Halo.
>
>
> Boba Fett dies.

Do you even Star Wars? He’ll die of old age before the Sarlacc pit kills him.

Matter of fact, sources indicate he returns in episode 7.

The same reason some people like the Arbiter more than the Master Chief, or Buck more than the Master Chief, or Noble Six more than the Master Chief, or Fred/Linda/Kelly more than the Master Chief. Not everyone is going to be a part of the John-117 cheerleading squad that says anyone who’s not Chief is a bad character.

Locke has been portrayed as competent, professional, reasonable, and atypically virtuous for a (former) Section Three operative so far. Why wouldn’t I like him?

> 2533274869573550;19:
> The same reason some people like the Arbiter more than the Master Chief, or Buck more than the Master Chief, or Noble Six more than the Master Chief, or Fred/Linda/Kelly more than the Master Chief. Not everyone is going to be a part of the John-117 cheerleading squad that says anyone who’s not Chief is a bad character.
>
> Locke has been portrayed as competent, professional, reasonable, and atypically virtuous for a (former) Section Three operative so far. Why wouldn’t I like him?

I didn’t really Locke before I created this Forum. After reading and seeing other people’s opinions, I’m starting to like him and kinda get what’s going on.