Some people hate on Halo 4 because

> Like I said, it doesn’t matter. You’ve already bought it. They want it to die so you buy the next one.

Do you not understand that nobody will buy the next one if nobody like the previous one?

If you want people to buy your new game, you make it BETTER than the previous game. You don’t make your first game complete crap so the expectation is so low that it can’t possibly be worse.

Maybe you don’t understand how copywrites work. You see, Bungie sold the name and images, not the software.

> > Yes it is. <mark>Halo 4 can’t be built off Halo 2 or Halo 3 because it’s a different company now.</mark>
> >
> > I think that is the problem people are having. They are expecting it to be the same. It’s not.
> >
> > Just play it for what it is and don’t expect it to be something else. You’ll have a lot more fun (except the tournament, which is crap).
>
> This is the worst train of logic I have seen in a long, long time.
>
> I take it that I should expect the new Battlefront game to be absolutely nothing like Battlefront and play like Battlefield 3, by your kind of thinking?

Someday he’ll understand.

> Maybe you don’t understand how copywrites work. You see, Bungie sold the name and images, not the software.

copyright*

343 has the software, megalo and everything needed to make Halo games. Halo is property of Microsoft, that includes the game’s engine.

They didn’t make it crap. They just gave it a finite amount of time to play it. You get to rank 130 and then complete the campaign, and you’re ready for the next one.

People didn’t stop playing because they don’t like it. They stopped playing because they finished it.

> 343 has the software, megalo and everything needed to make Halo games. Halo is property of Microsoft, that includes the game’s engine.

Inaccurate. Different engine.

Well Silent, I’m waiting, I’m only asking for you to talk about one character

> Maybe you don’t understand how copywrites work. You see, Bungie sold the name and images, not the software.

Bungie gave Microsoft the rights to everything. EVERYTHING.

Its a tough word I know.

No they didn’t. They sold the name and images. Everything else is on Microsoft.

Example, if you went and bought a brand new Halo 2 game today, it would be Bungie.

And I know you will buy Halo 5 also. But don’t get your hopes up. Halo 5 will be much like Halo 4. Same engine, same finite game play. So you will buy Halo 6.

This isn’t Bungie. This is Microsoft. And while this game is fun and still Halo, Microsoft if all about $$$.

> They didn’t make it crap. They just gave it a finite amount of time to play it. You get to rank 130 and then complete the campaign, and you’re ready for the next one.
>
> People didn’t stop playing because they don’t like it. They stopped playing because they finished it.

This is a multiplayer game that has had a long history of supporting its fans and players many years after the game’s release. Halo 3 had well around several hundred thousand people playing a year after release, Reach had at least 100,000 on currently on a good day a year after, Halo 4 isn’t even a year after and is barely clinging onto 30,000. Also, unless you’ve completed all the Commendations, you have not 100% completed the game.

> > 343 has the software, megalo and everything needed to make Halo games. Halo is property of Microsoft, that includes the game’s engine.
>
> Inaccurate. Different engine.

It’s the same engine, it’s been changed from Reach. Just like how the Reach engine was built from the Halo 3 engine which was built from the Halo 2 engine which was built from the CE engine.

> > Like I said, it doesn’t matter. You’ve already bought it. They want it to die so you buy the next one.
>
> Do you not understand that nobody will buy the next one if nobody like the previous one?
>
> If you want people to buy your new game, you make it BETTER than the previous game. You don’t make your first game complete crap so the expectation is so low that it can’t possibly be worse.

Black Ops 2 and whatever came after sonic 06 would like a word with you

That’s because BUNGIE created the games before and were more concerned with a great game than money.

Microsoft isn’t on the same business plan as Bungie, so the game is going to be different.

Stop expecting Microsoft to be Bungie and you’ll enjoy the game better.

> > > Like I said, it doesn’t matter. You’ve already bought it. They want it to die so you buy the next one.
> >
> > Do you not understand that nobody will buy the next one if nobody like the previous one?
> >
> > If you want people to buy your new game, you make it BETTER than the previous game. You don’t make your first game complete crap so the expectation is so low that it can’t possibly be worse.
>
> Black Ops 2 and whatever came after sonic 06 would like a word with you

Black ops wasn’t bad, I enjoyed gun game humiliating.

> That’s because BUNGIE created the games before and were more concerned with a great game than money.
>
> Microsoft isn’t on the same business plan as Bungie, so the game is going to be different.
>
> Stop expecting Microsoft to be Bungie and you’ll enjoy the game better.

Flawless logic. If I expect the game to be of terrible quality and to be a complete disappointment, then I’ll thoroughly enjoy it when it’s terrible.

Waypoint you never fail to impress me.

> > > > Like I said, it doesn’t matter. You’ve already bought it. They want it to die so you buy the next one.
> > >
> > > Do you not understand that nobody will buy the next one if nobody like the previous one?
> > >
> > > If you want people to buy your new game, you make it BETTER than the previous game. You don’t make your first game complete crap so the expectation is so low that it can’t possibly be worse.
> >
> > Black Ops 2 and whatever came after sonic 06 would like a word with you
>
> Black ops wasn’t bad, I enjoyed gun game humiliating.

I was refering to the fact it came out after a bad game, MW3 was bad compared to MW and MW2, that’s why I said whatever came after sonic 06

Hey guys,

DaveElway was in another thread and it went around and around in almost absurd lengths bordering on trolling. Just try not to get caught up in him.

@DaveElway “Everyone can be successful” is not a good game design mechanic unless you’re designing an MMO subscription or a pay-to-win model. Having everyone wins means that the game mechanics are random enough to throw off better players and award players randomly. Ordnance drops are a great example of this.

A bad player can get a few kills and get an ordnance drop with a Fuel Rod cannon which is a devastating weapon that is easy to use and get kills. Even if you miss you can still kill someone. While a good player could get grenades and speed boost which isn’t really much they can do against a fuel rod.

This isn’t something that happens once in a while, it’s something that happens often.

Games need to reward skill (not kills) by allowing players to earn victories. You take and control the high ground, you have a vantage point. You control weapon spawns, you get weapons. You control vehicle locations, you get vehicles.

Players should not be rewarded for kills over skills. You shouldn’t be rewarded for hanging back on Ragnarok with active camo, crouched in one position and managing to steal someone’s kill and getting a rocket launcher.

Everyone shouldn’t be successful and everyone shouldn’t win. Only the best should win.

> That’s because BUNGIE created the games before and were more concerned with a great game than money.
>
> Microsoft isn’t on the same business plan as Bungie, so the game is going to be different.
>
> Stop expecting Microsoft to be Bungie and you’ll enjoy the game better.

I’d tell ya where you’re head is and how to get it out but on these forums that might not end well so I’ll save myself the ban and we’ll agree to disagree.

Assassin, I notice you hate the game so much that you’ve played nearly 8 days, have a 130 rank, completed the campaign, and have completed 45 out of 50 Spartan Ops. For someone who hates it, you’ve sure played it a lot.

Seems you really do like this game and will probably buy Halo 5. You’ve just gotten board with it. Like Microsoft wants.