Some people hate on Halo 4 because

> halo 2 had much better maps and a visible ranking system

And it was released very buggy and glitchy

> 343 do deserve critisism (not being flamed) for releasing a unfinished game but Bungie did the same and no one batted an eye

8 years difference and many halos in between.

Also, what Turk said.

Halo 2 had better maps and a real ranking system. But Halo 4 has a better engine, and I like that you can earn better weapons.

Halo 4 is more like CoD than it is like Halo 2. It’s kind of the best of both.

I like it.

> > halo 2 had much better maps and a visible ranking system
>
> And it was released very buggy and glitchy

And post patch it was/is considered the best Halo made.

Can you say the same for 4?

> > 343 do deserve critisism (not being flamed) for releasing a unfinished game but Bungie did the same and no one batted an eye
>
> 8 years difference and many halos in between.
>
>
> Also, what Turk said.

Still released an unfinished game, I don’t think time should absolve something

> .Halo 4 is more like CoD than it is like Halo 2.

There lies the problem

> > > halo 2 had much better maps and a visible ranking system
> >
> > And it was released very buggy and glitchy
>
> And post patch it was/is considered the best Halo made.
>
> Can you say the same for 4?

In my opinion yeah, but we aren’t talking post patch, we’re talking release

CoD is a great game. Different than Halo. I like both, although Halo is my favorite game ever.

It’s really not apples to apples to compare Halo 2 with Halo 4.

It’s also not an insult if you like Halo 2 better.

Here is a question: In the previous Halo games, did any of the gameplay mechanics work against another gameplay mechanic?

Did Duel Wielding make single wielding play hard or impossible?
Did vehicle boarding make using vehicles impossible?

Etc etc.

The problems with Halo 4 is that a lot of the gameplay changes work against other gameplay changes.

Halo 4 was made for a different clientele. Halo 2 was made for serious gamers. And only serious gamers were successful.

If you don’t make boarding vehicles easy, then serious gamers would simply get in a ghost and dominate the average gamers.

That’s what’s good about Halo 4. Everyone can be successful.

> > > > halo 2 had much better maps and a visible ranking system
> > >
> > > And it was released very buggy and glitchy
> >
> > And post patch it was/is considered the best Halo made.
> >
> > Can you say the same for 4?
>
> In my opinion yeah, but we aren’t talking post patch, we’re talking release

Alright. After its release Halo 4’s population began dropping like a stone. After 343 started fixing the game the population was/is still dropping.

And yes 8 years does make a difference, especially with several halo games in between and a lot of lessons to learn.

The population dropped because that’s how the game is made. Like CoD, Halo 4 has a finite life. Once you get the highest level and complete the campaign, it will be time to buy Halo 5.

> CoD is a great game. Different than Halo. I like both, although Halo is my favorite game ever.
>
> It’s really not apples to apples to compare Halo 2 with Halo 4.
>
> It’s also not an insult if you like Halo 2 better.

H3 built off H2. When I see H4 I expect it to build off and improve on its predecessor(especially when we were promised a “return to its roots”)

H4 is turning the apple into an orange.

> The population dropped because that’s how the game is made. Like CoD, Halo 4 has a finite life. Once you get the highest level and complete the campaign, it will be time to buy Halo 5.

Then that’s not a Halo I and most others wanna play.

Yes it is. Halo 4 can’t be built off Halo 2 or Halo 3 because it’s a different company now.

I think that is the problem people are having. They are expecting it to be the same. It’s not.

Just play it for what it is and don’t expect it to be something else. You’ll have a lot more fun (except the tournament, which is crap).

> Then that’s not a Halo I and most others wanna play.

Doesn’t matter. You’ve already spent the money. They really don’t want you to play it anymore so you’ll buy the next one. Pretty smart business move.

If they create a great game you don’t want to stop playing, you won’t buy the next one.

> Yes it is. Halo 4 can’t be built off Halo 2 or Halo 3 because it’s a different company now.
>
> I think that is the problem people are having. They are expecting it to be the same. It’s not.
>
> Just play it for what it is and don’t expect it to be something else. You’ll have a lot more fun (except the tournament, which is crap).

Then I guess its death will be a lot quicker won’t it?

> Yes it is. <mark>Halo 4 can’t be built off Halo 2 or Halo 3 because it’s a different company now.</mark>
>
> I think that is the problem people are having. They are expecting it to be the same. It’s not.
>
> Just play it for what it is and don’t expect it to be something else. You’ll have a lot more fun (except the tournament, which is crap).

This is the worst train of logic I have seen in a long, long time.

I take it that I should expect the new Battlefront game to be absolutely nothing like Battlefront and play like Battlefield 3, by your kind of thinking?

Like I said, it doesn’t matter. You’ve already bought it. They want it to die so you buy the next one.

Battlefront will be “like” it, but not built off it. 2 different things.