Some people hate on Halo 4 because

It was released in an unfinished state then go on to praise Halo 2, hypocritical much? Halo 2 was much more unfinished and broken than Halo 4 ever has been

I’ve no idea what is so much hate for Halo 4. I enjoyed all of them. Still enjoying h4 more… But h2 was the fun ! :slight_smile:

That’s funny because most if not all of the unfinished parts of halo 2 was campaign which was still way longer than halo 4’s, more fun to play than halo 4’s, and has a better story than halo 4’s.

Halo 2 was released in a day and age where online multiplayer was just beginning to get better and better… Halo 2 improved, it wasn’t just released unfinished.

Halo 4 came after two other successful Halo games which had some of the most sought after multiplayer that was released finished and then improved upon tremendously. Halo 4 took away BTB objective, didn’t include Legendary Slayer, and butchered Flood. All of these were known to be loved playlists.

I don’t praise Halo 2. I still remember all problems I had with the game and thought Halo: CE was better.

Sorry, I accidentally quoted what I just said when I meant to click edit. I suppose I could also add the point that Halo 2 had a campaign that I played over about 40 times. I’ve played Halo 4’s campaign about 3.

I liked Halo 2 because, while unfinished, the glitches and whatnot made it more fun.

I mean, superjumps, sword flying, tank launches and epic campaign exploration really did make the game better in an entertaining way. Having no Classic Playlists, lacking gametypes and custom options and a whole plethora of features doesn’t make the game better, it makes it worse.

And honestly, I don’t mind an unfinished game. The problem is when the unfinished game leaves out very, very important parts and pieces to work with that would have made the game infinitely better.

Such as the ability to turn off sprint, as one example.

> That’s funny because most if not all of the unfinished parts of halo 2 was campaign which was still way longer than halo 4’s, more fun to play than halo 4’s, and has a better story than halo 4’s.

This isn’t about campaign, this is about multiplayer,Halo 4 still has much better storytelling, character development and an actual ending though

> > That’s funny because most if not all of the unfinished parts of halo 2 was campaign which was still way longer than halo 4’s, more fun to play than halo 4’s, and has a better story than halo 4’s.
>
> This isn’t about campaign, this is about multiplayer,Halo 4 still has much better storytelling, character development and an actual ending though

Better story telling is forcing people to read not 1, not 2, but 3 books to understand a video games story? (one of which books wasn’t out till 6 months after the game.) Halo 2’s cliff hanger was also great. It made people super excited for halo 3 and i have never seen a cliff hanger that good before. Just cause it’s a cliff hanger doesnt make it bad, not at all. Also halo 4 developed 2 characters while halo 2 developed countless. So no.

> > That’s funny because most if not all of the unfinished parts of halo 2 was campaign which was still way longer than halo 4’s, more fun to play than halo 4’s, and has a better story than halo 4’s.
>
> This isn’t about campaign, this is about multiplayer,Halo 4 still has much better storytelling, character development and an actual ending though

Debatable. Tell me, what is the character of Sarah Palmer (excluding all information from spartan ops and the comic).

How about Lasky?

How about the Didact?

How about any character from Halo 4 that isn’t Cheif, Cortana or Halsey? What were their characters and supporting roles within the campaign?

I could tell you a fair bit about Johnson, The Arbiter, Half Jaw, Truth and a little bit about Tartarus (although he was porely developed) as well as Hood, Keyes and unfortunately not much about gravemind, although that was Halo 3’s job.

As for the ending, just because it’s a Cliffhanger doesn’t make it any less of an ending. It makes it a different kind with symbolism to show it leads into the next game.

Coming from a guy who’s a big fan of halo 2, I gotta PARTCIALLY agree… I felt Campaign was not his games strong suite, and multiplayer was pretty broken when it first came out… but when all the little niches where ironed out, I became arguably the best MM experience you’ll see in Halo… but that’s what I think, we’re all different after all

IMO many people always needs a excuse to say ‘‘the reason i lost is…’’

> IMO many people always needs a excuse to say ‘‘the reason i lost is…’’

Dude I always complained about losing when I lost in Halo 3 back when I started Live. Problem is, now when I lose, I can name dozens of problems with the game that caused or led up to me losing when I had a fair shot a winning.

> Coming from a guy who’s a big fan of halo 2, I gotta PARTCIALLY agree… I felt Campaign was not his games strong suite, and multiplayer was pretty broken when it first came out… but when all the little niches where ironed out, I became arguably the best MM experience you’ll see in Halo… but that’s what I think, we’re all different after all

I’d say its not even close…but that’s me.

> > > That’s funny because most if not all of the unfinished parts of halo 2 was campaign which was still way longer than halo 4’s, more fun to play than halo 4’s, and has a better story than halo 4’s.
> >
> > This isn’t about campaign, this is about multiplayer,Halo 4 still has much better storytelling, character development and an actual ending though
>
> Debatable. Tell me, what is the character of Sarah Palmer (excluding all information from spartan ops and the comic).
>
> How about Lasky?
>
> How about the Didact?
>
> How about any character from Halo 4 that isn’t Cheif, Cortana or Halsey? What were their characters and supporting roles within the campaign?
>
> I could tell you a fair bit about Johnson, The Arbiter, Half Jaw, Truth and a little bit about Tartarus (although he was porely developed) as well as Hood, Keyes and unfortunately not much about gravemind, although that was Halo 3’s job.
>
> As for the ending, just because it’s a Cliffhanger doesn’t make it any less of an ending. It makes it a different kind with symbolism to show it leads into the next game.

Ur-Didact, the Ur-Diact, commander of the prometheans, warrior-servant and husband of the librarian, humanity once went to war with the Forerunners, the Didact rose up to stop it, after many years of war with the ancient humans, the forerunners were victorius, however this was the start of the downfall of the forerunner empire, eventually the forerunners discovered the Flood, ajd humanity were not destroying worlds they were trying to save the galaxy, the Didact still harboring a grudge towards humanity for their crimes. He tried using Forerunner mutations to make himself immune to flood infection, it did not. The organic prometheans voluntereed themselves to be composed tobe immune to the fkood, but the ur-didact couldnt as he was immune, so he still was organic, after more fighting against the incredibly evopved flood he needed more troops, he composed humans which were under the librarians care.

She went to stop the Didact and trapped him on Requiem. 100, 000 years after the firing of the halo array, John-117 finds requiem, He awakens the Ur-Didact who was driven to insanity already.The Chief, stupidly aims his rifle at the Didact who showed no sign of wantimng to hurt Chief at first, more of talking, only when Chief aims at the Didact the Didact does something, throughout the game we see the Didact become more impressed with the Chief despite his hatred for humanity suggested through his dialogue in the mission Composer “You impress me Human.Your singular valor will be preserved and studied once your composition s complete”. Chief never takes the time to talk to the Diact, the Didact is always provoked by John whenever they have an encounter. Of course he is a bit arrogant, instead of killing Chief in Midnight like he could have, he thinks he has victory so he sort of savors it, a general who lost a war now after 100, 000 of imprisonment has another victory under his belt. He takes his time to gloat.

Of course we see he is adamant about how dangerous we are and it is much better to just kill us all, but in this case compose us which he calls a “kindness”. All of this from one character, I’ll do Lasky once my laptop is repaired, do one character from Halo 2, you can only use promotional material and stuff like terminals and the game itself

Shouldn’t over the 8 year difference in release there have been accumulated knowledge? Shouldn’t they have known as a big name company and video game franchise among other things that when people think of halo they thought of great multiplayer experience and that’s what a lot of people wanted to come back and find?

> > IMO many people always needs a excuse to say ‘‘the reason i lost is…’’
>
> Dude I always complained about losing when I lost in Halo 3 back when I started Live. Problem is, now when I lose, I can name dozens of problems with the game that caused or led up to me losing when I had a fair shot a winning.

Yep.Randomness and Halo don’t go together

343 do deserve critisism (not being flamed) for releasing a unfinished game but Bungie did the same and no one batted an eye

halo 2 had much better maps and a visible ranking system

> 343 do deserve critisism (not being flamed) for releasing a unfinished game but Bungie did the same and no one batted an eye

Yeah, because NOBODY complained about Halo 2 pre-patch.