Some of You Need a Reality Check.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I don’t mean this in a bad way. I really don’t.

The time has come for some of us to make a very hard choice. This is not a choice many of you want to make, but you have to make it, and you have to make it now.

I see so many people arguing and fighting about AAs, Perks, and the general feel of Halo 4. The base arguments seem to be “I want Halo 4 to be like the trilogy” or “I want Halo 4 to be Halo 4”. This is a pointless fight, guys, because it’s already been decided. We have seen the direction Halo is going in. It’s going forward, and not looking back.

This is where your decision has to come in, folks. I hate to say it, but if you are absolutely sure that you will HATE AAs, a perks system, and anything else that has already been confirmed for Halo 4…You need to find another game to play. I’m sorry! I don’t mean this in a “-Yoink-!” way! 343 has drawn a line in the sand. This is how it’s going to be…

So you’ve got a choice, forum.

Realize that concessions will be made, and stick around. We already know there WILL be classic Halo in Halo 4…So it’s not all bad!

OR

Say goodbye to Halo, and find another shooter. If you continue to argue and rant on these forums about how Halo 4 should be like Halo 3…You are wasting your time and our forum space.

I know this is not easy, but it’s for the best. This is the direction Halo is going in. I realized this last night, and accepted that the days of old Halo are simply over. I’m hoping that Halo 4 will have a good classic section, but I’m putting that old style behind me and trying to work my way into this whole new world 343 is bringing us into.

So please, for your sake and ours…Make the choice. If you don’t like this new direction, please just leave. This is the turning point. This is the decision point.

I’m sorry to those of you who feel insulted by this, but I’m just giving you guys a reality check, a much needed one judging by some of the raging I’m seeing on these forums.

so i could pile -Yoink- on a game, and just because its new -Yoink- that makes the game good?

Thats a joke.

Atleast if they are gonna add new stuff, dont copy it from the last game that already had sprint/jetpack and sucked. Also, Halo is the wrong demographics for a progression system.

> so i could pile Yoink! on a game, and just because its new Yoink! that makes the game good?
>
> Thats a joke.
>
> Atleast if they are gonna add new stuff, dont copy it from the last game that already had sprint/jetpack and sucked. Also, Halo is the wrong demographics for a progression system.

^I think you missed the point of the post…

If people are going to complain, can we at least do it in a few threads instead of 5 every page?

> I don’t mean this in a bad way. I really don’t.
>
> The time has come for some of us to make a very hard choice. This is not a choice many of you want to make, but you have to make it, and you have to make it now.
>
> I see so many people arguing and fighting about AAs, Perks, and the general feel of Halo 4. The base arguments seem to be “I want Halo 4 to be like the trilogy” or “I want Halo 4 to be Halo 4”. <mark>This is a pointless fight, guys, because it’s already been decided. We have seen the direction Halo is going in. It’s going forward, and not looking back.</mark>
>
> This is where your decision has to come in, folks. I hate to say it, but if you are absolutely sure that you will HATE AAs, a perks system, and anything else that has already been confirmed for Halo 4…You need to find another game to play. I’m sorry! I don’t mean this in a “Yoink!!” way! <mark>343 has drawn a line in the sand. This is how it’s going to be…</mark>
>
> So you’ve got a choice, forum.
>
> Realize that concessions will be made, and stick around. We already know there WILL be classic Halo in Halo 4…So it’s not all bad!
>
> OR
>
> Say goodbye to Halo, and find another shooter. If you continue to argue and rant on these forums about how Halo 4 should be like Halo 3…You are wasting your time and our forum space.
>
> I know this is not easy, but it’s for the best. This is the direction Halo is going in. I realized this last night, and accepted that the days of old Halo are simply over. I’m hoping that Halo 4 will have a good classic section, but I’m putting that old style behind me and trying to work my way into this whole new world 343 is bringing us into.
>
> So please, for your sake and ours…Make the choice. If you don’t like this new direction, please just leave. This is the turning point. This is the decision point.
>
> I’m sorry to those of you who feel insulted by this, but I’m just giving you guys a reality check, a much needed one judging by some of the raging I’m seeing on these forums.

wow, i swear i was just thinking about the stuff i highlighted ! i see all these Topics people are making like “Please NO PERKS!” and “Please dont do this 343i”. They already are doing it ! they invented a whole new system for Halo, they are not going to kick it because you people in the forum want them to, get over it. ive been playing halo since day 1 of CE. Im embracing these new additions to the game, and smiling about it. we are in 2012, not 2001 anymore. Plus u people have no idea WHAT 343i is doing, so stop judging, quit -Yoink–ing and shut the -Yoink- up already. Be happy u got a Halo 4 at all, 343i didnt HAVE to take Halo over. The last halo game couldve been Reach, get over it. Plus there will MOST LIKELY BE A CLASSIC PLAYLIST, SO STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE NEW STUFF WHEN YOU CAN JUST PLAY IN THERE. (this isnt pointed at you Time Glitch, its pointed at the annoyingass little kids that think that there opinions and idea matter at this point in halo 4’s development)

> so i could pile Yoink! on a game, and just because its new Yoink! that makes the game good?
>
> Thats a joke.
>
> Atleast if they are gonna add new stuff, dont copy it from the last game that already had sprint/jetpack and sucked. Also, Halo is the wrong demographics for a progression system.

You’re right, but it doesn’t change my point.

Halo 4 is taking from Reach. That’s pretty obvious. That indicates a pattern. This is the first in a trilogy, and 343 has shown us the direction they want to take the franchise.

If you don’t like it, I’m not saying “LEAVE!”…I’m saying that Halo is no longer for you, and you should put your efforts somewhere else.

Nexuiz looks like a good arena shooter.

The game is subject to change, that change, just like the change that many halo games have had during/after development can and does happen due to feedback from the community.

“Wow, I’m really enjoying this unique, fun game! Look at those other guys enjoying their games over there too!”

other guys come over

“Hey brah, I hope ya dun mind, but I’ma just gonna dump mah game’s features over here brah. Umad? Umad.”

“I’d appreciate if you didn’t do that…”

“It’s cool, brah. Just adapt mah brah!”

“Even if I could adapt to those features, I don’t really like them here…”

“Well the time has come, brah. Adapt or leave. This be minez game now, brah.”

“But you could go back to playing the game you were enjoying befo-”

“Brah just get out, the devs like me better. Madbrah?”

And so the casuals took over Halo. This is fair to you, OP?

>
> Thats a joke.
>

What last game sucked?

A lot of games have a default sprint. Does that mean Halo isn’t allowed to have it too? No.

Halo will keep the original feel, but will keep moving forward.

I think I am going to get into Quake.

So you just give up? That’s it? The direction Halo is going is horrible. It all started with Reach. None of this bs would even be considered if Reach never came out. Casuals got their way again. Adding a BR doesn’t make Halo 4 good at all. (I love the BR) As soon as I saw Sprint in the Vidoc, I lost all my excitement for this game. Then they announce “Perks and custom load outs”…I don’t know what 343 is thinking. Randomized weapon spawn times?! :facepalm:

I’m glad people are already deciding to abandon Halo because of the few seconds they saw of Halo 4.

The player base’s average IQ will be raised a bit with these people gone.

> I’m glad people are already deciding to abandon Halo because of the few seconds they saw of Halo 4.
>
>
> The player base’s average IQ will be raised a bit with these people gone.

Hahaha, I am just getting sick of the people hating on it and saying they wont buy it. Then why are you here on the forums? Its too late in production to change, there will be all of those things. Either get over it and play, or hate it and leave.

> I’m glad people are already deciding to abandon Halo because of the few seconds they saw of Halo 4.
>
>
> The player base’s average IQ will be raised a bit with these people gone.

agreed. its actually quite sad that people base a game and a company with 30 seconds of gameplay that barley released any info. Im sticking with Halo until the end, no matter what is being implemented into it

> So you just give up? That’s it? The direction Halo is going is horrible. It all started with Reach. None of this bs would even be considered if Reach never came out. Casuals got their way again. Adding a BR doesn’t make Halo 4 good at all. (I love the BR) As soon as I saw Sprint in the Vidoc, I lost all my excitement for this game. Then they announce “Perks and custom load outs”…I don’t know what 343 is thinking. Randomized weapon spawn times?! :facepalm:

Yes, actually.

343 has invested 3 years of development into their AAs, Perks, and whatever new systems they have put in that makes it different from Trilogy Halo. They are not going to change these and take them out because people don’t like them.

That’s not how the world works. I’m sorry, but this is the reality check I’m talking about. <mark>This is the direction Halo is going in.</mark>

Either accept that, or move on.

Feel free to stick around and suggest how the “classic” playlists should look, but it is not realistic to demand them to change the whole game.

You know, OP? I had this calm realization a few days ago, thank you for putting it into words that fit my mind. On this, I don’t rage at Halo anymore. I just worry. I hope H4 will be good, but if not, I’ll give it back to the store. Because now that I think about it-- Halo is just a game (even if people have met online and married because of it). I won’t put any more stress or rage upon myself for it.

EDIT: Just realized that you were thanked in 117 posts. Awesome!

> So you just give up? That’s it? The direction Halo is going is horrible. It all started with Reach. None of this bs would even be considered if Reach never came out. Casuals got their way again. Adding a BR doesn’t make Halo 4 good at all. (I love the BR) As soon as I saw Sprint in the Vidoc, I lost all my excitement for this game. Then they announce “Perks and custom load outs”…I don’t know what 343 is thinking. Randomized weapon spawn times?! :facepalm:

A lot of games are going in that direction, are they failing? Not at all.

And doesn’t it make sense that a Spartan should be able to sprint when he needs to? We read in books all the time about the epic times where a Spartan team sprints across a battlefield through enemy fire. Whats wrong with trying to recreate some epicness?

Randomized weapon spawns can help stop those that memorize spawn times and camp on the weapon for the last minute so they can be the first to have it, which is unfair to the newbies that know nothing about where or when weapons will spawn.

I actually think the randomized weapon spawns was false, I think Frank busted it?

Op, you have said what i have been saying since yesterday. Hopefully, more levelheaded players will take heed.

Also, i would like to make a point about the absent beta tests.

That right there is showing the community that they are starting everyone on a level playing field, meaning not a select few have knowledge of maps, control points, weapons, spawns, etc. Welcome change, rather than resist it.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

“Let’s ruin a fond childhood memory of millions of people in the hopes that they bend over and pay us money for it!”

It’s people like the OP that are responsible for the state of the gaming industry right now.

“It’s good enough for me because I have abnormally low standards!”
Pathetic.