Some of You Don't Understand Instructions on FF.

People understand what to do…mostly.
“Kill all the (blank)”
They do fine.
The ones that I constantly fail on, because my team don’t know what they’re doing
“Defend the garage”
People just…sit outside the base throwing grenades in.
Why do you do this?
It’s like defending on warzone assault…

If you don’t want the enemy to capture the base, stay inside the base.
But people can’t understand that either a lot of the time…so I guess it doesn’t matter.

I suggest, that it is somehow made clearer that the enemy will capture if you leave, like Palmer saying “keep your feet inside of that base Spartans!” when they get 50% of the way to capturing.

I’m in the garage defending it from forerunner forces. They overwhelm us and I die. I respawn outside of the garage. Now all the forerunners are inside the garage and I’m outside throwing grenades trying to fight my way back in.

The only time I see that as acceptable is when you walk in and there are 15 crawlers on that level, if you walk in you are dead no question, you’ll do more good if you use the cover outside and clear a bit before making a run to the cover inside so you can actually make it to the cover in time.

Yeah, I’ve decided it’s just a very hard objective, period. Yes, I’ll beat it half’ish of the time, maybe just under (queue solo all the time), but there is no ‘easy way’ yet.

I find hiding in base on stairs or up top is good (don’t chase kills). The bar doesn’t move even if it’s just me in there I found out. But I will die and then it becomes a pain to get back in there.

> 2533274825044752;2:
> I’m in the garage defending it from forerunner forces. They overwhelm us and I die. I respawn outside of the garage. Now all the forerunners are inside the garage and I’m outside throwing grenades trying to fight my way back in.

This. How is that hard to understand? Picking them off from a safer position is more helpful than running in and dying in the first three seconds

> 2533274799135257;5:
> > 2533274825044752;2:
> > I’m in the garage defending it from forerunner forces. They overwhelm us and I die. I respawn outside of the garage. Now all the forerunners are inside the garage and I’m outside throwing grenades trying to fight my way back in.
>
>
> This. How is that hard to understand? Picking them off from a safer position is more helpful than running in and dying in the first three seconds

Still counts towards the amount you need to kill.
Have one person inside at all times, two or more if you can, and have everyone else just pick off what they can. Popping Crawlers works wonders Ive found.
So does spamming them with a Wraith Ultra if you can get one.

This is so true. People dont get iut.

On the phaeton level someone high jacked one an we sat there for like 30-60 seconds at 14/15 and realized a team mate was in one. I said if you hijacked that one you have to get out so we can destroy it. The dude then jumped out an we started shooting but immediately after he got back in it and just flew around. (We have 60 seconds left
now) so I’m furious and start telling him if we lose cause he is a jack -Yoink- he is a -Yoink- head lol. Need less to say he eventually got out.

Anyways point being I agree following the instructions shouldn’t be that hard.

Well it’s really hard to stay inside the garage when there’s like 4 Knights inside with alot of Crawlers and Soldiers…

Probably because the objective is to defend the Garage and get 100 kills. Shooting all the crawlers from outside is almost as good as staying inside, and safer.

My friend and I do this for the garage:
-pistol/SMG / splinter nade armor mod

• hide by the sneaky on floor 2 req station
  • pistol crawlers, SMG soldiers, splinter Knights
    US 2 can single handedly do that round. Also if you die spawn an over shield and use the sneaky to get back to floor 2.

> 2533274924290830;1:
> People understand what to do…mostly.
> “Kill all the (blank)”
> They do fine.
> The ones that I constantly fail on, because my team don’t know what they’re doing
> “Defend the garage”
> People just…sit outside the base throwing grenades in.
> Why do you do this?
> It’s like defending on warzone assault…
>
> If you don’t want the enemy to capture the base, stay inside the base.
> But people can’t understand that either a lot of the time…so I guess it doesn’t matter.
>
> I suggest, that it is somehow made clearer that the enemy will capture if you leave, like Palmer saying “keep your feet inside of that base Spartans!” when they get 50% of the way to capturing.

Where are you?

how can you defend it when they spawn inside the garage also they should charging the garage but nope they sit there and take bullets

Staying inside the garage is almost impossible since they spawn knights inside of it after a while. Anyone who dies and tries to get back in is greeted by enemies both outside and inside it gets quite ridiculous with a team that isn’t ready to deal with it.

I spawn a tank and fire at the Knights inside. This also kills lots of crawlers in the process.

If you hijack a phantom it should count as a kill.

> 2533274799135257;5:
> > 2533274825044752;2:
> > I’m in the garage defending it from forerunner forces. They overwhelm us and I die. I respawn outside of the garage. Now all the forerunners are inside the garage and I’m outside throwing grenades trying to fight my way back in.
>
>
> This. How is that hard to understand? Picking them off from a safer position is more helpful than running in and dying in the first three seconds

It really isn’t more helpful. You only get overwhelmed if you don’t keep pace with the promethean spawns or pay attention to when they spawn inside, both of which usually happen because too many people aren’t where they need to be. Furthermore, once a considerable number of prometheans get inside they can cap the garage well before time is up and, since you’re firing inside but additional enemies continue to pop outside, you just end up getting flanked. To make matters worse, people outside and enemies inside leads to dead players respawning in terrible spots a good distance from the garage.

“Defending” a base, which by definition offers more defensable positioning, by being outside of it doesn’t make sense. That only works when you can control every spawn point, which isn’t realistic given the number and frequency of them in this case.

Let me put it this way. Every game I’ve had where the bulk of the team sat in random places outside garage ended in the prometheans capping it. Conversely, when the entire team was inside, made effective use of the cover/choke points and were ready for the inside spawns it went by without a hitch.

The responses in this thread make my head hurt.

NO. Standing outside the garage and shooting inward from a safe position is NOT helpful. It blows my mind that people complain about losing, but then adamantly defend the worthless tactic that caused them to lose!!!

Listen, here’s how to do the garage defense objective:

1. If you have level 5 REQs, you pull a wraith and lay down fire inside the garage.
  2. If you DO NOT have level 5 REQs your objective is to either get to the stairwell, or the upstairs REQ station. The stairwell is the safest place that is easiest to take cover and defend.
  3. When you run inside approach through the top and/or lead with GRENADES.
  4. For weaponry indoors, use a sword, SMG, or suppressor.
  5. GROW A PAIR! If you die when making the push inward, then SO WHAT!? The person pushing in after you will make it because of what you did, and he will be able to hold down the fort until you’re done with your respawn time!
  6. USE YOUR GRENADES! Do NOT die with unused grenades on your body!
  7. GROW A PAIR. For real.

There, you’ve won.

If you want to win you’ll HAVE to spawn in a tank. Without it you’ll lose against the -Yoink- 3 WARDENS

> 2533274924290830;1:
> People understand what to do…mostly.
> “Kill all the (blank)”
> They do fine.
> The ones that I constantly fail on, because my team don’t know what they’re doing
> “Defend the garage”
> People just…sit outside the base throwing grenades in.
> Why do you do this?
> It’s like defending on warzone assault…
>
> If you don’t want the enemy to capture the base, stay inside the base.
> But people can’t understand that either a lot of the time…so I guess it doesn’t matter.
>
> I suggest, that it is somehow made clearer that the enemy will capture if you leave, like Palmer saying “keep your feet inside of that base Spartans!” when they get 50% of the way to capturing.

Lol, I have seen that exact scenario go down while I was respawning tear.

> 2533274894783242;17:
> The responses in this thread make my head hurt.
>
> NO. Standing outside the garage and shooting inward from a safe position is NOT helpful. It blows my mind that people complain about losing, but then adamantly defend the worthless tactic that caused them to lose!!!
>
> Listen, here’s how to do the garage defense objective:
> 1. If you have level 5 REQs, you pull a wraith and lay down fire inside the garage.
> 2. If you DO NOT have level 5 REQs your objective is to either get to the stairwell, or the upstairs REQ station. The stairwell is the safest place that is easiest to take cover and defend.
> 3. When you run inside approach through the top and/or lead with GRENADES.
> 4. For weaponry indoors, use a sword, SMG, or suppressor.
> 5. GROW A PAIR! If you die when making the push inward, then SO WHAT!? The person pushing in after you will make it because of what you did, and he will be able to hold down the fort until you’re done with your respawn time!
> 6. USE YOUR GRENADES! Do NOT die with unused grenades on your body!
> 7. GROW A PAIR. For real.
>
> There, you’ve won.

I am completely with you, dude. My head hurts, too, and then my inner Army Ranger vet starts yelling at everything which makes my head hurt even more. Just like in real life, the only way you hold or take a building is to get your gorram -Yoink- inside. And you don’t have to go in the main entrance, there’s that nice big rock outside where you can jump onto the roof. And if there are enough people in the building to keep them from taking it over before the timer ends, then you win the round even if there are still active Prometheans on site.