Some "newish" info from Dutch magazine

I don’t normally post new threads, but whatever. Haven’t really seen this info around today, which is strange. Kind of expected info from that OXM magazine to be spewed all over these forums today but all I’ve seen are some new high res screenshots from Famitsu…

Anyways, I just got my copy of Dutch gaming magazine Power Unlimited and they’ve got some little pieces of info we might not have seen/heard before. (And it it has been told here today…well, I’m not going to read through the first 3 pages of these forums ;))

• Jackals are confirmed (no big suprise) and described as having a face that resembles “an evil crossbreed between a shark and an iguana”…expect loads of nasty teeth I guess?

• Returning Covies in general are described as “coming straight out of a survival-horror game” (in terms of looks). Again: not a big suprise.

• The UNSC Infinity will show up during the Campaign (guess we all expected that)

• Matchmaking area of Infinity will be called “War Games”

• BR is being described as “single shot” and DMR as “burst”…which is more than likely a mistake…Should be the other way around of course

• Author states the multiplayer feels “f—ng amazing!”, after saying he didn’t really like Reach that much.

• “Perks” seem to be called “Modifications”. Example given is that the author could carry (a few) more grenades.

• Plasma Rifle has been replaced with what he personally calls the “Covenant Assault Rifle” which spews “a storm of blue balls”, and is described as “incredibly awesome”.
    Which sounds like the Plasma Repeater in a better form of sorts to me.

• He states the classic “chanting monks” tune WILL in fact be back, after rumours on these forums being concerned it wouldn’t return.

The the new gun we saw on the OXM tease:
It does in fact look like a UNSC-Forerunner hybrid with the layout of the Covenant Plasma Repeater.
It also shows the full picture of that gun, as seen here.

All in all no great shocks or completely new things. Just some little details that sounded new to me at least. Like the War Games, Plasma Rifle replacement and a tiny little insight in the Modifications.

Nothing really new to me, but thanks for sharing.
Still hate the name “War Games”.

Edit : and I still don’t like the “modification” system… Like if AA weren’t enough…

> I don’t normally post new threads, but whatever. Haven’t really seen this info around today, which is strange. Kind of expected info from that OXM magazine to be spewed all over these forums today but all I’ve seen are some new high res screenshots from Famitsu…
>
> Anyways, I just got my copy of Dutch gaming magazine Power Unlimited and they’ve got some little pieces of info we might not have seen/heard before. (And it it has been told here today…well, I’m not going to read through the first 3 pages of these forums ;))
>
> - Jackals are confirmed (no big suprise) and described as having a face that resembles “an evil crossbreed between a shark and an iguana”…expect loads of nasty teeth I guess?
>
> - Returning Covies in general are described as “fitting a survival-horror game as well”. Again: not a big suprise.
>
> - The UNSC Infinity will show up during the Campaign (guess we all expected that)
>
> - Matchmaking area of Infinity will be called “War Games”
>
> - BR is being described as “single shot” and DMR as “burst”…which is more than likely a mistake…Should be the other way around of course
>
> - Author states the multiplayer feels “f—ng amazing!”, after saying he didn’t really like Reach that much.
>
> - “Perks” seem to be called “Modifications”. Example given is that the author could carry (a few) more grenade(s).
>
> - Plasma Rifle has been replaced with what he personally calls the “Covenant Assault Rifle” which spews “a storm of blue balls”, and is described as “incredibly awesome”.
> Which sounds like the Plasma Repeater in a better form of sorts to me.
>
> - He states the classic “chanting monks” tune WILL in fact be back, after rumours on these forums being concerned it wouldn’t return.
>
> The the new gun we saw on the OXM tease:
> It does in fact look like a UNSC-Forerunner hybrid with the layout of the Covenant Plasma Repeater.
> It also shows the full picture of that gun, will upload that one later on.
>
> All in all no great shocks or completely new things. Just some little details that sounded new to me at least. Like the War Games, Plasma Rifle replacement and a tiny little insight in the Modifications.

HAPPY :slight_smile:

> Nothing really new to me, but thanks for sharing.
> Still hate the name “War Games”.

It could be different in English. Remember that this is a Dutch magazine, written in Dutch (obviously), so their translation of the name for multiplayer could be different from the actual English name.

Thanks for sharing and awesome about the monks. I’m telling you now that when I boot up Halo 4 and hear monks I may damn well shed a tear. :stuck_out_tongue:

> > Nothing really new to me, but thanks for sharing.
> > Still hate the name “War Games”.
>
> It could be different in English. Remember that this is a Dutch magazine, written in Dutch (obviously), so their translation of the name for multiplayer could be different from the actual English name.

Well, I also read it through readers of english-written magazines, so I guess that’s the name (could be placeholder, though). But anyway, I’m french and it won’t be the same name in my language, but reading it in english already sounds bad to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Damn foreign articles. Everything always comes out wrong. Other than the few awkward descriptions, awesome.

heel erg bedankt

Maybe the new gun is an experimental UNSC plasma weapon!

Or not.

Pics plz? :3

My guess is Gauss Rifle.

> - “Perks” seem to be called “Modifications”. Example given is that the author could carry (a few) more grenade(s).

Yeah the german gamepro confirmed that too^^

When I read war games it for some reason makes me think of the hunger games.

I kinda wanna hit myself for that. :confused:
Modifications like that don’t sound that bad. As long as the grenades arnt mini nukes.

Thanks for the info.^___^

Interesting note from Frankie about the monk chant :

> Grenades are not nukes. There will be male choral pieces influenced heavily by prior games. The exact monk chant? Not so much.

Here

If all of the “Modifications” are like that, then it might not be too bad. We will have to see what the rest of the modifications are.

Also, War Games is a horrible name. I really hope it is a bad translation.

Best news in there…Some form of chanting monks are back!!! Hearing that always sends chills up and down my spine.

> Interesting note from Frankie about the monk chant :
>
>
>
> > Grenades are not nukes. There will be male choral pieces influenced heavily by prior games. The exact monk chant? Not so much.
>
> Here

Hopefully it’s just as memorable.

Thanks for the info! Sounds great.

> Pics plz? :3

Nothing you haven’t seen so far. Just the usual concept art, the new Grunt image and a 4 pages of Dutch article…not something you could read probably.
But might upload it later on.

> heel erg bedankt

Graag gedaan!
Atijd leuk meer Nederlanders te zien hier :slight_smile:

> Damn foreign articles. Everything always comes out wrong. Other than the few awkward descriptions, awesome.

Nothing came out wrong in this one.
We Dutch normally do not come up with our own Dutch (or other personally made up) versions of English terms/names. And the “akward” descriptions: Power Unlimited has a very…peculiar/humoristic way of writing. Which often results in descriptions like that of the Jackal. Also: the word f–k is not something most Dutch are really uncomfortable with. Power Unlimited uses it quite often to be honest.

> > Nothing really new to me, but thanks for sharing.
> > Still hate the name “War Games”.
>
> It could be different in English. Remember that this is a Dutch magazine, written in Dutch (obviously), so their translation of the name for multiplayer could be different from the actual English name.

Nope. Those are definately the original English terms. Like I said, in 99% of the cases we don’t change foreign words to something we made up ourselves (Computer is just computer in Dutch, where as in French it would be an “ordinateur” for instance. Dutch are very open to other languages in general, no Dutch synched/dubbed movies and such for instance unlike most other European countries).

And we don’t have a Dutch term for “multiplayer” (unless you’d take the very literal “meerspeler stand” which NOBODY uses), so it is VERY unlikely the author came up with something like “War Games” himself as a replacement for multiplayer.
Also: as other say, it seems other magazines confirm these terms.

> When I read war games it for some reason makes me think of the hunger games.
>
> I kinda wanna hit myself for that. :confused:
> Modifications like that don’t sound that bad. As long as the grenades arnt mini nukes.
>
> Thanks for the info.^___^

:stuck_out_tongue: War games imo is actually one of the better generic names they’ve used so far.

> > When I read war games it for some reason makes me think of the hunger games.
> >
> > I kinda wanna hit myself for that. :confused:
> > Modifications like that don’t sound that bad. As long as the grenades arnt mini nukes.
> >
> > Thanks for the info.^___^
>
> :stuck_out_tongue: War games imo is actually one of the better generic names they’ve used so far.

Agreed.
Still hope Spartan Ops is just a placeholder for something like “Infinity Chronicles” for instance, and that Spartan Points are just renamed to what they basically are: Credits…

War Games on the other hand sort of makes sense.
It doesn’t sounds incredibly lame. And it canonically covers the concept of the multiplayer, which is just a holographic war game to train Spartan IV’s.