Some Medals Not Being Awarded

Halo 5 Support Team,

I believe there are certain medals that I’m not being awarded. I’m not sure if it’s just me, or if they aren’t working for everyone. Specifically they are:

Sayonara (definitely)- “Damage an enemy before they fall to their death” – There have been many instances (in both Arena & Warzone) where I was shooting an enemy and they jumped to try to avoid me shooting them, but ended up jumping over the edge on certain maps, and I was not awarded the Sayonara medal. If this is not the criteria for earning this medal, maybe change the description to make it less confusing.

Ball Kill (definitely)- “Kill an opponent while carrying the ball” – I have not been awarded a Ball Kill medal in either Assault or Grifball matches even though I have struck (and killed) opponents with the ball many times.

Airsassination (maybe)- “Kill an opponent by performing a mid-air assassination” – Although I’ve only successfully done this two or three times (I believe) in Warzone, I was never awarded the medal. I received credit for the assassination and received an assassination medal, but not the Airsassination.

Extermination (maybe)- “Wipe out an enemy team with at least an overkill” – There was one instance in the SWAT playlist that I performed a Killtacular and didn’t receive the medal. Technically it might be possible that two from the enemy team respawned and I killed them right away again, but I think that’s highly unlikely.
I apologize that I didn’t save the film clips from each of these. But if it happens again, I will.

Film Clip for Airsassination Not Being Awarded:

Film Clip for Sayonara Not Being Awarded:

Airsassination and Ball Kill both work as intended.

Sayonara only works when you are awarded a kill when an enemy player dies via “the Guardians.” Reason being, maps have hard-coded killzomes so when you “fall to your death” its actually a killzone killing you. To test, get out of a map in Custom/Forge with a friend. Find an area out of the normal playspace that says “Killed by the Guardians” if you die. Shoot an enemy and have him go to that area and die before he recovers. You’ll be awarded a Sayonara medal.

Extermination is broken. It worked in the Beta but got broken before release and wasnt caught. 343 replied to me in my thread about it and are aware of it so they may fix it.

> 2533274795739611;4:
> Airsassination and Ball Kill both work as intended.
>
> Sayonara only works when you are awarded a kill when an enemy player dies via “the Guardians.” Reason being, maps have hard-coded killzomes so when you “fall to your death” its actually a killzone killing you. To test, get out of a map in Custom/Forge with a friend. Find an area out of the normal playspace that says “Killed by the Guardians” if you die. Shoot an enemy and have him go to that area and die before he recovers. You’ll be awarded a Sayonara medal.
>
> Extermination is broken. It worked in the Beta but got broken before release and wasnt caught. 343 replied to me in my thread about it and are aware of it so they may fix it.

Thanks for replying Co2!

That makes sense for Sayonara. I’ll give it a try.

For Ball Kill, I’ve killed plenty of people with the ball in Assault and Griff Ball, but have not been awarded the medal (see my Halo 5 Service Record). I never bothered recording a film clip for that because it’s such a common medal and I assume people would take me at my word, but I can record a film clip of it next time I’m on, if needed, for proof.

For Airsassination, I have performed it several times since I wrote the original post and recorded a film clip to prove it (see: I Destroy Tacos's Xbox Halo 5: Guardians clip 16828341. Find your Xbox clips on GamerDVR.com), but still have not received the medal (see my Halo 5 Service Record).

Frankly I’m not a big medal collector, but I know some people are and if it’s not working for me, it might not be working for others as well. I just wanted to make 343 aware of the possible glitch in case they didn’t know the game is not working as it was intended to.

Sincerely,

Tacos

The only thing I can think of is a faulty update that included a corruption of assigning the medals properly. I know it’s a shot in the wind, but a possible solution would be to reinstall the game to correct it.

The phantom destroyed medal, ballsasination and hammersasination are medals you cant view but you can get them. To get airsasination just play infection with your friend and have your zombie froend assasinate you in mid air. I still have no clue how to get sayonara but you can get it.

> 2533275007921323;5:
> > 2533274795739611;4:
> > Airsassination and Ball Kill both work as intended.
> >
> > Sayonara only works when you are awarded a kill when an enemy player dies via “the Guardians.” Reason being, maps have hard-coded killzomes so when you “fall to your death” its actually a killzone killing you. To test, get out of a map in Custom/Forge with a friend. Find an area out of the normal playspace that says “Killed by the Guardians” if you die. Shoot an enemy and have him go to that area and die before he recovers. You’ll be awarded a Sayonara medal.
> >
> > Extermination is broken. It worked in the Beta but got broken before release and wasnt caught. 343 replied to me in my thread about it and are aware of it so they may fix it.
>
>
> Thanks for replying Co2!
>
> That makes sense for Sayonara. I’ll give it a try.
>
> For Ball Kill, I’ve killed plenty of people with the ball in Assault and Griff Ball, but have not been awarded the medal (see my Halo 5 Service Record). I never bothered recording a film clip for that because it’s such a common medal and I assume people would take me at my word, but I can record a film clip of it next time I’m on, if needed, for proof.
>
> For Airsassination, I have performed it several times since I wrote the original post and recorded a film clip to prove it (see: I Destroy Tacos's Xbox Halo 5: Guardians clip 16828341. Find your Xbox clips on GamerDVR.com), but still have not received the medal (see my Halo 5 Service Record).
>
> Frankly I’m not a big medal collector, but I know some people are and if it’s not working for me, it might not be working for others as well. I just wanted to make 343 aware of the possible glitch in case they didn’t know the game is not working as it was intended to.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Tacos

IT IS a broken/ glitched medal, keep trying it and you will eventually get it. Like i did on infection.