some map balancing issues

So for my third or fourth game on Halo 4 ever I decided to try out big team slayer.

I ended up going 35-0 on a map that I have never played before and I wasn’t in a party - running lone wolf.

This really shouldn’t be possible ha ha - and I have decided to pin it on poor map design. I quickly figured out that I could grab a sniper and sit in the centre of the map (forerunner with like 3 grav lifts up to it) and pretty much snipe the other team to pieces (I was red, they were blue) and I literally just repeated and rinsed.

What concerns me most is that an organised team in BTB could quite easily set up on this map and I can see a 1000-0 happening comfortably, from what I could see blue spawn was just open to someone like me - a concerted team would have a field day.

(you’ll note that I don’t know the name of the map - this really was only my 3rd or 4th game ever on halo 4 - hopefully my description will enable you to work out which map it is).

It’s not map balancing issues. Because you’re a lower rank, you’re simply getting matched with newer, and oftentimes, not very skilled players. This happened to me my first couple days of matchmaking. I was wrecking pretty much every match. That changed gradually as I ranked up and played against better competition.

And by the way, the map you’re talking about is Vortex. People rarely vote for it and it’s unfortunate because I think it’s a great map.

Fair enough - are they using some sort of hidden skill system in Halo 4 until 1-50 becomes visible?

(it’s just that lots of the people I played against were like SR 40+ suggested they had quite significant game time under their belts)

It’s good to hear that it should get tougher - I’d be disappointed if that wasn’t the case (btw just in case anyone else reads this I have significant experience playing reach, 3 and 2 hence why the clear imbalance)

Yes, there’s definitely some sort of hidden TrueSkill. When I first started playing I’d face players with no thumbs holding their controllers upside-down. Now, not so much.

Congrats on your first perfection though, haha

cool - the people I played against in that match were really bad.

And yeah didn’t expect the perfection to come so quick - in previous games its sort of been the thing that it would take me ages to finally get one. Was disappointed to find that they got rid of the medal and replaced it with a commendation though - missing that medal.

> cool - the people I played against in that match were really bad.
>
> And yeah didn’t expect the perfection to come so quick - in previous games its sort of been the thing that it would take me ages to finally get one. Was disappointed to find that they got rid of the medal and replaced it with a commendation though - missing that medal.

Fortune smiles upon you good sir. My second match ever with this game I got my first Halo 4 Overkill on Haven with a Shotgun, but couldn’t quite get that Perfection early on against the lesser competition. Still haven’t gotten one -_-