Some ideas

These are just some ideas that I would like to see in the next installment of this franchise (Halo Infinite), I hope they are read and I would also like to know your opinion about it. Thanks.

• Personally, I would like the game to be able to support both in campaign, multiplayer and forge the split screen - In the purchases I would love that helmets, visors, armor (by parts), murders, poses, skins, etc. could be acquired freely and with the same credits of the game this would give us a better customization and make us feel more comfortable with our Spartans. - That the Shoulder bash and the ground pound can continue to be used, from my point of view they were quite good and novel implementations that the truth is that the only one of those 2 that had complications was the Shoulder bash, but a solution for this would be that it could be Activate by pressing the jetpack and the hit button at the same time. - With the implementation of the new abilities (or perks) in Halo Infinite I would really like to see the armor lock back and if possible that the drop shield could recover its healing properties as in Halo Reach. - Finally, the return of the Elite as a playable species.

> 2535444122258220;1:
> These are just some ideas that I would like to see in the next installment of this franchise (Halo Infinite), I hope they are read and I would also like to know your opinion about it. Thanks. - Personally, I would like the game to be able to support both in campaign, multiplayer and forge the split screen In the purchases - I would love that helmets, visors, armor (by parts), murders, poses, skins, etc. could be acquired freely and with the same credits of the game this would give us a better customization and make us feel more comfortable with our Spartans. - That the Shoulder bash and the ground pound can continue to be used, from my point of view they were quite good and novel implementations that the truth is that the only one of those 2 that had complications was the Shoulder bash, but a solution for this would be that it could be Activate by pressing the jetpack and the hit button at the same time. - With the implementation of the new abilities (or perks) in Halo Infinite I would really like to see the armor lock back and if possible that the drop shield could recover its healing properties as in Halo Reach. - Finally, the return of the Elite as a playable species.

1. This really should happen, but the fact that MCC still doesn’t have it doesn’t make me very hopeful
  2. did you mean assassinations? Also it seems like they’re using the (rather good) MCC system, so no complaints from me as long as the free season has a good amount of stuff.
  3. no. God no. Halo is not about dashing around and slamming people into walls right out of spawn, and luckily it seems like they’re returning to the classic external sandbox and dumping loadouts and stuff. If you want to be hyper-capable from spawn and run around dashing and flying and -Yoink- go play titanfall or something.
  4. armor lock was the worst armor ability in halo reach in terms of gameplay. It ruined vehicle gameplay (because running anyone over is a risk, since they could become immortal and kill you) and it really sucked when half-way through a fight you’d go for the melee only to get cockblocked and now you have to wait several seconds for your opponent to stop being invincible, all while his teammates are probably coming at you. Again, they’re (correctly) focusing on what make Halo different from other shooters; the external sandbox. If you want to have a bunch of special abilities for free, go play a hero shooter.
  5. this also should happen, and it would even provide a second way to monetize the game through elite armor customization.

> 2535444122258220;1:
> These are just some ideas that I would like to see in the next installment of this franchise (Halo Infinite), I hope they are read and I would also like to know your opinion about it. Thanks. - Personally, I would like the game to be able to support both in campaign, multiplayer and forge the split screen In the purchases - I would love that helmets, visors, armor (by parts), murders, poses, skins, etc. could be acquired freely and with the same credits of the game this would give us a better customization and make us feel more comfortable with our Spartans. - That the Shoulder bash and the ground pound can continue to be used, from my point of view they were quite good and novel implementations that the truth is that the only one of those 2 that had complications was the Shoulder bash, but a solution for this would be that it could be Activate by pressing the jetpack and the hit button at the same time. - With the implementation of the new abilities (or perks) in Halo Infinite I would really like to see the armor lock back and if possible that the drop shield could recover its healing properties as in Halo Reach. - Finally, the return of the Elite as a playable species.

Here are the ones that I really want to see in the upcoming Halo Infinite:

1. Firefight coming back in Halo Infinite.

2. Side missions where you can rescue any UNSC Marines and ODST Troopers on the Zeta Halo Ring.

3. Flood Firefight in Halo Infinite.

4. Audio logs and Terminals coming back in Halo Infinite.

5. DLC campaign levels in Halo Infinite.

> 2535444122258220;1:

• I believe this will be true. - Some will be free, some BP, and other Microtransaction. - Everything you said here triggered me and now I require therapy. Absolutely disagree however I respect that you have your own opinion. - No new spawn abilities should come to Halo. They are part of the reason people did not like Reach, Halo 4, and Halo 5. - Honestly I hate Elites in the game. It ruins the natural flow of Halo for me however I understand people love them. No need to talk about this since we will just agree to disagree
  1. I have no idea what you’re trying to say here. Are you saying that they should all be there at launch?
  2. Most customization will be pay locked in the battle pass since it’s free to play, but there will be some free items in the free track of it as well as event items.
  3. No. Spartan charge just rewards panic meleeing to the max. Ground pound is just useless.
  4. Say sike right now.
  5. I would like elites to return as well, just not in ranked play.

I agree that many of you didn’t like the implementation of the shoulder bash and the ground pound, but from my point of view, we are talking about a futuristic war, you need to innovate with things that don’t exist, they have been good ideas but they need to improve them, maybe removing the shoulder bash would be fine, they don’t let you kill enemies in some cases I agree, but the ground pound does serve as a good resource when it comes to wanting to protect a target or some other things.

Taking into account the armor lock, I agree, it can be frustrating to have to wait for a player to stop being invulnerable to finally finish him off, but it is actually more stressful having to play games with teams that they don’t help much and on top of that, having an “unstoppable” player due to his great control with vehicles, or powerful weapons. It can be just a one perk more in the game, I respect all your opinions about it, but guys, we´re talking about a futuristic war and I know 343 can do an excellent work with this implementations.

> 2535444122258220;6:
> I agree that many of you didn’t like the implementation of the shoulder bash and the ground pound, but from my point of view, we are talking about a futuristic war, you need to innovate with things that don’t exist, they have been good ideas but they need to improve them, maybe removing the shoulder bash would be fine, they don’t let you kill enemies in some cases I agree, but the ground pound does serve as a good resource when it comes to wanting to protect a target or some other things.
>
> Taking into account the armor lock, I agree, it can be frustrating to have to wait for a player to stop being invulnerable to finally finish him off, but it is actually more stressful having to play games with teams that they don’t help much and on top of that, having an “unstoppable” player due to his great control with vehicles, or powerful weapons. It can be just a one perk more in the game, I respect all your opinions about it, but guys, we´re talking about a futuristic war and I know 343 can do an excellent work with this implementations.

the setting and realism of the game is ALWAYS second to gameplay, and shoulder bash / ground pound -Yoinked!- up halo’s gameplay in an irreparable way. they simply don’t belong in a halo game. Halo, despite the packaging, is not a game about being a hyper-lethal super-solider at all times, with every weapon you need at your immediate disposal. This isn’t like CoD or Titanfall where you pick your favorite weapon and ability and run around right from spawn at maximum power, Halo is about turning your environment to your advantage, using positioning, sandbox tools, and correct decision making to not just outgun your opponent, but out PLAY your opponent. You wouldn’t believe how many times I’ve killed overconfident players by being in unexpected places, using my knowledge of weapon spawns to predict what tools enemies will have at their disposal, and devising a strategy to counteract them. Having abilities that ‘close the gap’ in power between a spartan at-spawn and one that has acquired map tools is a no-no, it’s an insult to what make Halo Halo.

Halo should innovate, yes, but it should do so within the bounds of it’s own gameplay. ‘innovation’ shouldn’t come at the price of stripping away everything that makes Halo unique. A frankly amazing example is fusion coils. The ability to grab and throw fusion coils COMPLETELY transforms them from what they use to be: a map hazard to be avoided, since your enemy could shoot / grenade them to kill you quickly, into a TOTALLY UNIQUE and DYNAMIC sandbox utility. It is now, essentially, a power grenade. A hyper-powerful, large-radius grenade that you can chuck at your enemies, but it is BALANCED by the fact that you have to retrieve this item in the map, which means two things. Firstly, enemies will be able to know where players carrying fusion coils are likely to be. Since grabbing one removes all of your other functions, carrying one long distance is not feasible. Second, it makes retrieving this new, powerful tool DANGEROUS because it is still an explosive that enemies can shoot. If you go to grab it, then an enemy could predict that and grenade the coils, killing you with their superior knowledge. The way it interacts with grapples only adds to this depth and… I could do this all day. The point is, NONE of this exists for features like loadout weapons, innate abilities, and perks.

Maintaining a relatively low starting power is essential to the identity of Halo. If you don’t like that, frankly, Halo isn’t the game for you.

Also if your biggest problem is a guy in a vehicle or with a power weapon, get good. Vehicles and power weapons all come with drawbacks, and outplaying them is a test of your knowledge. Avoid sniper sightlines if there’s a sniper around, avoid tight tunnels near shotgun wielders, take a high, open position if you’re afraid of rockets, and go grab a rocket launcher or even a plasma pistol if you’re getting stomped by vehicles. The fact that one of the statistically weakest guns in the game, that can barely kill people despite instantly nuking shields, is one of the strongest anti-vehicle weapons speaks volumes to Halo’s depth, and things like armor lock and ground pounding just gets in the way of the clean Halo experience.

Wow definitely everything you said is true, I know those tips you gave in the comment, of course I know how to end those threats, I gave these examples because Halo 5 and Halo Reach are the 2 Halo that I have been playing lately and I thought of a way in which the halo 5 experience was not completely excluded in Halo Infinite, but we also got to appreciate a little more of the beautiful experience that Reach left us. But if I have a little doubt about what you said, do you agree with ground pound and armor lock being added in Halo Infinite? Or I misunderstood.

> 2535444122258220;1:
> These are just some ideas that I would like to see in the next installment of this franchise (Halo Infinite), I hope they are read and I would also like to know your opinion about it. Thanks. - Personally, I would like the game to be able to support both in campaign, multiplayer and forge the split screen - In the purchases I would love that helmets, visors, armor (by parts), murders, poses, skins, etc. could be acquired freely and with the same credits of the game this would give us a better customization and make us feel more comfortable with our Spartans. - That the Shoulder bash and the ground pound can continue to be used, from my point of view they were quite good and novel implementations that the truth is that the only one of those 2 that had complications was the Shoulder bash, but a solution for this would be that it could be Activate by pressing the jetpack and the hit button at the same time. - With the implementation of the new abilities (or perks) in Halo Infinite I would really like to see the armor lock back and if possible that the drop shield could recover its healing properties as in Halo Reach. - Finally, the return of the Elite as a playable species.

1. Campaign and MP, 100% yes.
    As for Forge, if they can make it work, then go for it. That said, if split screen local Forge came at the cost of a ‘dumber’ Forge, then absolutely not. Sure, dropping tanks on each other is fun for the first 10 minutes, but at t end of the day it’s a creative tool for map making, and that should be its priority.

2. Not quite sure I fully get what your saying, but is it to do with unlocking a ‘complete armour set’ and not be able to mix and match pieces?
    I’m not sure if it’s been confirmed either way yet, but if it does turn out to be true; yes, it would be somewhat annoying, but I could understand their reasoning. Imagine if Halo 3 had an Arbiter armour set for the elites, that was broken down into the various sections. You either a) have to trim back the armour sections to make them more modular like the rest, which will result in the overall armour loosing most of its fundamental design, or b) don’t alter them, and end up with janky connections and a lot of armour clipping through itself.
    I imagine this issue was the main reason we didn’t get the Arbiter set in Halo 3. The armour is just too customised in areas that aren’t customisable.
    Which brings us to Infinite and armours like the Yoroi(?), which looks to be customised ‘in between’ customisable areas of the Spartan. If 343 has the ability to give us armours that are more unique in this way, but it comes at the cost of their interchangeability, I’m fine with it.

3. For me, the Spartan Charge and Ground Pound, while implemented in a very Spartan way, never really jived with me and my perception of the Halo sandbox. To me they just represented ways of making the individual more powerful without earning it, like a power weapon. I liked the inclusion of breakable walls, but this could be achieved with a simple melee.

4. No Armour Lock, thank you.
    Fundamentally it breaks the flow of gameplay. It forces you and your opponent to physically wait, and then turning it into a game of chicken. Take for instance the Bubble Shield, were both players are still able to play, with the shield now an interactive part of the sandbox. It doesn’t stop the motion of play dead in its tracks like Armour Lock.
    Not to mention the impact it had on the viability of splattering people in Reach.

5. I think the reason there will be no playable elites (at launch) is due to the MP side of the game having a sort of progressive story element, akin to Destiny with Seasonal missions and cutscenes. They couldn’t tell a story about a Spartan if the playable character is an elite. Now that’s not to say that there couldn’t be an expansion featuring Sangheilios, and they implement an elite themed Season and story.