some ideas for halo 5

Here are some ideas, feel free to add your own.

I was thinking, while a game is searching, it would be nice if there was a little mini game to play. Maybe a little game like tron(bikes), using the thumbsticks and you can play against you party, everyone has there own color. Just a small top down 2d type. Granted, finding lobbies should be quick.

When voting on a map, there sometimes is a tie and I would like to still have the chance to fight for my map! Another perfect time for a 3 sec mini game, where your team needs to press a code ( ex. yy bb ab)? Or something to that nature.

In armour customization, ability of a spraycan. So I may paint my own camo on there. And let it carry over to rumble model or team. Anything that helps me personalize my character would be good. There doesn’t need to be a artist spending alot of time on armour just make a stock model and let me do the work, more time could be spent on different pieces.
Same could be said about weapons, sure there are games that have br or ar starts but let me bring my br or ar to the game :wink:

ok just a few freebies 343

Much love, j

If matchmaking takes long enough to play a mini-game…

Speaking of mini-games, though, since reach and the end of Halo 4 I’ve been dying for a space battle multiplayer gametype.

It wouldn’t be tron but everyone would be riding in 8-bit ghosts :stuck_out_tongue:

As far as armor customization. There could be 3 ways to it, based on how customized you want to get, how much time you want to invest in it, and how skilled you are as an artist with a controller. 1 would be choosing individual color schemes for each piece of armor (make your spartan look like he pieced his suit together from the leftovers). 2 would be choosing preset camo patterns and the associated colors (tiger stripes, cheetah print… hippie flowers?) and 3 would be do it yourself.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Don’t mind me, just ranking up.

After a game, alot of people are already in a party chat or dont have there mic plugged in, how about a button that will say “Good Game” that will show up next to your name. Or if your bitter after the match maybe one that says “It was luck”.

I think it would be cool if after the match ends and you’re looking at stats, if it showed some of the actual games highlights or kill cams in the background.

Incorporate a 5 second clip of your best gameplay as part of your “calling card”. So when someone highlights you in the lobby it’ll have a mini video player that’ll play your custom clip automatically. Sorta like a Vine video.

Also, as far as mini games while waiting for lobby’s to fill or games to start, I think Call of Duty Advanced Warfare hit a home run by allowing you to use the shooting range between matches. It should be standard in all FPS going forward.

My $0.02

Why a minigame, when say almost 90 % of the players play with their phone while searching anyways

If there’s a tie I would appreciate that a completely new map shows up, where ppl aren’t able to vote anymore. Doing it the “the most left map will get chosen” is just annoying.

How about a game while the match is loading? Kind of like how it’s done in FIFA.

Still thinking of 2d top down min game, using the ghosts.

I said earlier one could be like tron.
Another could be like the gametype sumo ( try to push the other ghosts out of the circle).
Could even have a ghost themed asteroids.

I dont know why im on the mini game kick, I just think it would be nice if big AAA titles could get some indie devs games some light. Embedding the two would be great for both industries.

> 2533274792803170;6:
> I think it would be cool if after the match ends and you’re looking at stats, if it showed some of the actual games highlights or kill cams in the background.
>
> Incorporate a 5 second clip of your best gameplay as part of your “calling card”. So when someone highlights you in the lobby it’ll have a mini video player that’ll play your custom clip automatically. Sorta like a Vine video.
>
> Also, as far as mini games while waiting for lobby’s to fill or games to start, I think Call of Duty Advanced Warfare hit a home run by allowing you to use the shooting range between matches. It should be standard in all FPS going forward.
>
> My $0.02

Well Call Of Duty has been referenced this thread is official now lol.
But I also like this idea. I had a special “warm up” map in H3 where I shot fusion coils that bounced around due to some grav lifts I had placed. It helped me warm up without dragging my team down for a game or two.

How about a vehicle juggernaut gametype?

Some cool possibilities, everyone in tanks with 1 juggernaut tank. Same for banshees or hornets.

Could have warthog teams, say 4 teams of 2?

I also made a new 2v2 training gametype that is working well.

small map, koth, the whole map is the hill and you must eliminate the other team to score points. Spawns are set to 8 sec so act fast.
Score to win is 30 sec at 15 min gametime.

I have a map on my fileshare, give it a try its called “2v2 training facility”. Play team king with these settings.

Gt: JA50N0 (0’s are zeros)

Personally, I just load up an episode of Red vs. Blue whilst I’m waiting. On the other hand, these are some great ideas I’m seeing.

Oh, great, the tie. You know what would be great? If the game didn’t actually let us see what everyone else was doing whilst voting. In Reach there was always this one guy who would randomly flick between the options, and in every game there’s always people who always wait until the very last instant until voting. Then, if there was a tie, well, the game would always pick the first one on the list. Did the game give players the opportunity of playing the other option for the next match? Um, no, I don’t remember it doing that at all.

Perhaps the game could keep track of which maps/gametypes that you vote for, and put you with people who consistently vote for those as well. In which case, a “randomize” option may be needed every so often, too.

If there’s going to be any minigame at all, I feel it should be target practice.

There’s a 2D HUD with a sniper rifle and you shoot a bunch of 2D covenant sprites, using your current sensitivity. You can actively change your sensitivity by pressing up and down on the left stick or d-pad, giving you the immediate result.

It plays 8-bit versions of Halo music from Halos 1-3 at random. Imagine an 8-bit version of Leonidas playing…

The mini game idea isn’t bad but as mentioned above people use cell phones while waiting and the xbox one can run youtube while match making so it isn’t horrible if the wait times are too long. I like the spray can idea, gives a lot of opportunity for players to make their characters really unique.