Some ideas for campaign tweaks, give opinions

Okay well this isn’t going to go into multiplayer at all so if that’s your thing then this isn’t for you. This is all about things I’d like to see done in campaign.

First off, the squad.
I love Star Wars Republic Commando, I love how the soldiers you fight beside are like your brothers, they fight beside you, bleed beside you, and if all else fails, die beside you. I like how that was attempted in the campaign…for the most part. I’d like to see more precise control over your team and here’s how.

Hold up - issue order to Fred or Buck
Hold left - issue order to Linda or Tanaka
Hold right - issue order to Kelly or Vale
Hold down - order squad to form up on the player
Press up - move squad to position, they will stay until ordered otherwise or the player is incapacitated.
If player is incapped, X will order closest team member to attempt revive and rest to form up and provide defensive fire.

The purpose here is to add a more precise way to control your team and to make them more effective as a result, if you want certain members to grab a certain weapon or to divide up targets;
For example Linda snipes an Elite commander while Fred takes on a Jackal and Kelly takes another Elite who’s trying to close in.
Order Buck with a Hydra to attack a hardened target while Tanaka revives Vale and you cover.

Next idea, ammo.
Let it be said that I do not believe in having too much ammo. Bullets are a wonderful currency in a game, spent on keeping you alive while ending whatever being has the unfortunate fate of being in your way. I’ve noticed however a steady decline in recent Halos regarding ammo capacity. Take the Assault Rifle for a prime example:
Halo CE - 60 mag, 600 reserve (10 spare magazines, ammo drops are abundant)
Halo 3 - 32 mag, 352 reserve (11 spare magazines, ammo drops are fairly abundant)
Halo Reach - 32 mag, 288 reserve (9 spare magazines, ammo drops are somewhat abundant)
Halo 4 - 32 mag, 224 reserve (7 spare magazines, ammo drops are scarce after awhile)
Halo 5 - 36 mag, 216 reserve (6 spare magazines, ammo drops quickly become really scarce)

Not only has the reserve dropped but the abundance of ammo resupply opportunities for some of these have dropped as well, you find ammo for human weapons especially fewer and fewer times the later in the game you get in recent titles. This was less a problem in CE and H3 since the Flood often carried said weapons and since reserves were good, running out of ammo for your preferred tool of destruction would usually only occur due to a bad string of luck in what the Flood carried or careless use of said weapons.

I would propose an increase in ammo limits for weapons across the board in campaign. I would leave the precise numbers up to 343 because I doubt what I would prefer (10 mags for the AR/BR/Magnum, 5 mags/full reloads for the shotgun/sniper/rocket, etc) would ever get okayed but there is an alternative…one that would disable achievements…but an alternative nonetheless.

Bandanna. The glorious Bandanna skull! It’s been done before in the two Anniversary titles and it could make for some crazy fun times in campaign and allow for some WONDERFUL stress relief against a certain eternal schmuck, but it HAS been done before. And perhaps it could again?

So those were my ideas, if you have any thoughts please feel free to comment. If you like the idea but have some thoughts on making them better, I’m all ears. And if you want to tell me how much of a loser I am for enjoying campaign and wanting it to be improved…well you can do that too…I guess…

I would like more specific team commands. I also want campaign scoring.

> 2533274849645270;2:
> I would like more specific team commands. I also want campaign scoring.

Campaign scoring I wouldn’t mind, not something on my priorities list but I can see why there’d be a demand.

I love it. But how would I switch grenades? Just tapping left/right would still work?

I would absolutely love individual squad commands. There have already been about 5 zillion moments in the last week that I’ve wanted to split them apart but couldn’t. Or, I want Linda (or someone else who I’ve equipped with a sniper rifle) to snipe a power enemy from across the map, but when I highlight that target, they all collectively run right out of cover into combat towards the target, and get mowed down. :confused:

> 2533274830926790;4:
> I love it. But how would I switch grenades? Just tapping left/right would still work?

Yep, tap to switch, hold to order.

> 2533274961806222;5:
> I would absolutely love individual squad commands. There have already been about 5 zillion moments in the last week that I’ve wanted to split them apart but couldn’t. Or, I want Linda (or someone else who I’ve equipped with a sniper rifle) to snipe a power enemy from across the map, but when I highlight that target, they all collectively run right out of cover into combat towards the target, and get mowed down. :confused:

Oh I hate those moments…and for me there’s so many of them. One of the many reasons I put this topic here, maybe 343 or someone with connections will see it and go “huh, that could work”.

Definitely would like some sort of introduction to each team member, and hell yes to ammo. Whenever I played Halo 4, I knew that after each engagement, I would have to trash my BR or DMR for some covenant weapon and Halo 5 definitely has that effect. In Halo 3, I knew my trusty BR would have a decent supply of ammo for each mission, but now… I don’t want to use the -Yoink!- suppressor damn it!

> 2533274961806222;5:
> I would absolutely love individual squad commands. There have already been about 5 zillion moments in the last week that I’ve wanted to split them apart but couldn’t. Or, I want Linda (or someone else who I’ve equipped with a sniper rifle) to snipe a power enemy from across the map, but when I highlight that target, they all collectively run right out of cover into combat towards the target, and get mowed down. :confused:

That’s the strategy for the AI… die so you can pick up the sniper and kill the enemy yourself haha

YES !! those teammates were pretty much just bullet magnets ! i order one of them to man a turret and 1 min later he’s back behind me !!! i tell them to flank and 2 min later they’re coming back to me !! yes, individual orders were be better…tell the sniper to go high up, the shotgun dude to go in center…tell the rocket equipped one to target vehicles etc…

i just bothered to find one skull for the funny dialogue, why would i find the others just to make the game more difficult ?..i want bandana one, to make replaying the campaign more enjoyable !

> 2533274801465966;9:
> YES !! those teammates were pretty much just bullet magnets ! i order one of them to man a turret and 1 min later he’s back behind me !!! i tell them to flank and 2 min later they’re coming back to me !! yes, individual orders were be better…tell the sniper to go high up, the shotgun dude to go in center…tell the rocket equipped one to target vehicles etc…
>
> i just bothered to find one skull for the funny dialogue, why would i find the others just to make the game more difficult ?..i want bandana one, to make replaying the campaign more enjoyable !

Glad you like my ideas, individual orders would make the squad that much more useful I agree.

I can imagine with Bandanna…4 player co-op rocket party! Or a SAW fiesta, or sniper target practice (better with campaign scoring) and a bunch more.

Good ideas yea. If I were to add some input, hopefully it’s not too much to ask for a campaign DLC with more Blue Team missions. Need to make up for the lack of them in the campaign.

> 2533274870038109;11:
> Good ideas yea. If I were to add some input, hopefully it’s not too much to ask for a campaign DLC with more Blue Team missions. Need to make up for the lack of them in the campaign.

I would love for more Blue Team, but I doubt that it’ll happen. Halo has never done story DLC before…but one can still hope.