some help with reach please??

hi there im relatively new to the halo franchise having only played odst, halo 3 and now reach all in the last 6 months so im still learning alot, the thing is i seem to be struggling to rack up my kills on the multiplayer slayer modes my average is 12 - 15 kills a game but im convinced it should be alot more 20+ the problem is when i hit some one im having to hit them twice every time were as im regularly hit once and launched half way across the room and killed??? im having a similer problem with my weapons its takin me numerous shots to kill but im being killed with 1 - 2 shots how can this be?? (and yes my shots are on target lol) does upgrading your armor really make much difference or is it purely for looks alone??

any help would be apprecieted

mike

well 12-15 kills a game is a verry good score because most team slayer modes are 50 kills and if you want to get easy kills there is a combo but it is considerd a noob combbo the EMP (u have probobally heard this one)this combo also gets you a medal and a little bit more credits it is good in games that you start out as elites with evade or in normal games where you are a spartan with sprint this combo helps me alot and gets me about 12 -15 kills a game and the question about the armour i dont know for sure but i think certain armour increases your hit box like if you have verry thin armour then youll have a smaller hit box but if you have bulky armour theres a larger hit box.

CALGRRUNT

12-15 is decent for a team game dude. Armor customization though is strictly aesthetic. It contributes nothing to the abilities of your player. Only “armor abilities” (selected in game) can affect you gameplay. But they don’t enhance your strength or increase the damage you cause. The only one that actually affects the enemy is armor lock. If you discharge from armor lock while the enemy is right beside you, you’ll EMP their shields and they will need only a punch to knock 'em down :slight_smile:

You’re doing very good with 12-15 kills per game. The only thing I can say is watch your bloom and your shields/health.

I just joined in this forum. I dont see a button for posting . Just reply.
I want to know how to pick armor. What is the best to pick ? I have lots of credits. But which on is better than another. ?

Thanks

> I just joined in this forum. I dont see a button for posting . Just reply.
> I want to know how to pick armor. What is the best to pick ? I have lots of credits. But which on is better than another. ?
>
> Thanks

All down to personal taste dude. I personally like Pilot w/ all upgrades.

cheers i do tend to get carried away on a killing spree and forget to let my shield build back up maybe thats where im going wrong.

Reticle Bloom has been implemented into Halo: Reach so you can’t spam bullets and get kills as much. Even though you are getting kills, are you waiting for the reticle to reset?

Also, 1-2 shot kills sounds like you are being sniped at.
Upgrading armor doesn’t do anything as it is only a visual.

As what the other guys said about Loadouts. It really comes down to personal preference. I love Sprint and I also use the Jetpack [have to claw the controller for that since I play on Bumper Jumper].

Relax, you are probably doing well but it seems as if you are getting worried over small details and making some assumptions to fill in the gaps.

In Team Slayer, you are one dude in a team of four with a team kill target of fifty. You want your kills to rise above their current levels to the 20+ level. So you want to get about half of your teams kills? That’s not realistic as you only represent 1/4 of the team. You won’t be likely to get above 20+ kills each game anyway. Reach’s matchmaking tries to match you with similarly skilled team mates and opponents and during a game if everyone is about the same skill level you should expect an even distribution of kills or there about.

TLDR

You’re doing fine as it is. Concentrate on having fun rather than on the numbers.

Only suggestion I can give is to breathe whilst shooting (helps me to reduce my fire rate and concentrate on the headshots rather than ‘spamming’ and hoping for the best!).

Also, in the words of Buck ‘check your corners’ there have been many times when I have thought that I have been thrashed in a one-on-one but actually one of their team mates has been shooting me from a flank position (I still have a tendency to get over excited and run out into the open and waggle my -Yoink- at them lol).

TLDR does sum up the fact that you are doing pretty well and not to expect to continue on this vein:

> . Reach’s matchmaking tries to match you with similarly skilled team mates and opponents and during a game if everyone is about the same skill level you should expect an even distribution of kills or there about…