Some facts about halo 5 and 343

Now I personally like halo 5 and 343 while some of the stuff that they have done is not to halo fans expectations they still have done a lot in the 2 and a half years they worked on halo.

Now on to the topic at hand. I will try to take objective facts for use in the following list both good and bad.

  1. Halo did have a lack of content when it was first released (forge, some maps, and game types which are coming in febuary)

  2. 343I is made up of the same people who made the first 4 fps halo games. This means that the people who some of you want back (bungie) are already back and have been here the entire time

  3. The team that is working on the game modes for halo are not the content team otherwise known as the people who make the weapon skins.

  4. The lack of split screen and lack of game modes was know 2 month in advance of the games release. So no one can complain about it.

  5. The micro transactions are here to stay in halo 5.

  6. The movement macanics do have a learning curve kind of unfair to new people or people who arnt a customer to clamber.

  7. The tea system is based off of a number system (binary like all programing) so luck has nothing to with pulling out reqs keep getting bronze till there are no more commons left then go up to silver and so on.

Now these were just some fact that I know of if there are more please post them in the comments and please respect your fellow halo fans

Is that the best way to get all the reqs keep buying bronze till you get req points back? I’m still unsure of this and could use some clarification please, much appreciated.

Point 2- There are not as many Ex-Bungie people working at 343 as you may be think. They are there, but they are not that many. I believe this has been discussed quite a lot already.

> 2533274809931401;2:
> Is that the best way to get all the reqs keep buying bronze till you get req points back? I’m still unsure of this and could use some clarification please, much appreciated.

Yes while you won’t get a comendation every time this is the easiest way to get all of them you save around 800 hours than when you don’t do this strategy

> 2533274875084332;3:
> Point 2- There are not as many Ex-Bungie people working at 343 as you may be think. They are there, but they are not that many. I believe this has been discussed quite a lot already.

Yes while there aren’t that many bungie people at 343 they still make up a large amount of 343 along with the people from Microsoft that worked on halo as well. And joseph staten has joined Microsoft so we should be seeing better story telling in the future

  1. Why can’t we complain about it? If I said I was going to kick you in the nuts, and told you two months in advance, I’m pretty sure you’d still want to complain once it happened.

> 2533274902628105;5:
> > 2533274875084332;3:
> > Point 2- There are not as many Ex-Bungie people working at 343 as you may be think. They are there, but they are not that many. I believe this has been discussed quite a lot already.
>
>
> Yes while there aren’t that many bungie people at 343 they still make up a large amount of 343 along with the people from Microsoft that worked on halo as well. And joseph staten has joined Microsoft so we should be seeing better story telling in the future

The bolded part does not make sense.

You say there are not many of them, but then say they make up a large amount of 343? Evidence?

Ive seen other arguements on this, and from memory, Ex-Bungie employees are the minority of 343. Not sure why this is a point to begin with, as when Bungie made mistakes with reach they were still being heavily critiqued. Bungie or 343, mistakes are mistakes and forums will always ignite, doesn’t matter who is making them.

> 2533274875084332;3:
> Point 2- There are not as many Ex-Bungie people working at 343 as you may be think. They are there, but they are not that many. I believe this has been discussed quite a lot already.

Plus, it’s not really a question of “who works there” but “who runs it”. Bonnie Ross, for example, never worked at Bungie.

Virtually everything that people complain about here has to do with decisions made by the people in charge, and not about the skill or creativity of the typical worker.

> 2533274841696107;8:
> > 2533274875084332;3:
> > Point 2- There are not as many Ex-Bungie people working at 343 as you may be think. They are there, but they are not that many. I believe this has been discussed quite a lot already.
>
>
> Plus, it’s not really a question of “who works there” but “who runs it”. Bonnie Ross, for example, never worked at Bungie.
>
> Virtually everything that people complain about here has to do with decisions made by the people in charge, and not about the skill or creativity of the typical worker.

Indeed. They can have the best workers ever, but it’s the decisions of the leaders who make the mistakes. We all know they are capable of doing amazing things, the leaders/those in charge just need to make the right decisions. And let’s not forget MS either, they may have had a hand as to why Halo 5 launched with such little content.

> 2533274902628105;1:
> 2. 343I is made up of the same people who made the first 4 fps halo games. This means that the people who some of you want back (bungie) are already back and have been here the entire time

> 2533274902628105;5:
> Yes while there aren’t that many bungie people at 343 they still make up a large amount of 343 along with the people from Microsoft that worked on halo as well. And joseph staten has joined Microsoft so we should be seeing better story telling in the future

This is a very common myth that seems to perpetuate for whatever reason. Only around 4 or 5 Bungie members transitioned over to 343 and I think now only Frank remains, as Vic DeLeon left to join Marty at Highwire Games a few weeks ago.

  1. 343 had information on latency issues for Players outside US since the Beta and didn’t do anything about it (Despite the empty promise that we will have an option to select the server location, which was droped).

> 2533274809931401;2:
> Is that the best way to get all the reqs keep buying bronze till you get req points back? I’m still unsure of this and could use some clarification please, much appreciated.

If your goal is getting loadouts and power weapons/vehicles completed, stick with bronze until you complete all the commons in those categories and then step up to silvers. If you want to do 100% completion then stick with bronze until it starts kicking back RP.

> 2533274902628105;5:
> > 2533274875084332;3:
> > Point 2- There are not as many Ex-Bungie people working at 343 as you may be think. They are there, but they are not that many. I believe this has been discussed quite a lot already.
>
>
> Yes while there aren’t that many bungie people at 343 they still make up a large amount of 343 along with the people from Microsoft that worked on halo as well. And joseph staten has joined Microsoft so we should be seeing better story telling in the future

Outside of the 2 big name bungie employees I have yet to hear about anyone else. BUNGIE didn’t want to do halo anymore so it doesn’t make sense that lots of them would be with 343 making ANOTHER Halo

> 2533274902628105;1:
> Now I personally like halo 5 and 343 while some of the stuff that they have done is not to halo fans expectations they still have done a lot in the 2 and a half years they worked on halo.
>
> Now on to the topic at hand. I will try to take objective facts for use in the following list both good and bad.
>
> 1. Halo did have a lack of content when it was first released (forge, some maps, and game types which are coming in febuary)
>
> 2. 343I is made up of the same people who made the first 4 fps halo games. This means that the people who some of you want back (bungie) are already back and have been here the entire time
>
> 3. The team that is working on the game modes for halo are not the content team otherwise known as the people who make the weapon skins.
>
> 4. The lack of split screen and lack of game modes was know 2 month in advance of the games release. So no one can complain about it.
>
> 5. The micro transactions are here to stay in halo 5.
>
> 6. The movement macanics do have a learning curve kind of unfair to new people or people who arnt a customer to clamber.
>
> 7. The tea system is based off of a number system (binary like all programing) so luck has nothing to with pulling out reqs keep getting bronze till there are no more commons left then go up to silver and so on.
>
> Now these were just some fact that I know of if there are more please post them in the comments and please respect your fellow halo fans

  1. There are no details at which or how many gametypes will be coming Feb. It could just be 1 gametype and 1 map. Which between 4v4, 8v8, and Warzone is not enough to make up the content that is missing. And LAN and SS aren’t coming, all the content in the world won’t make Halo 5 worth buying/playing to players who enjoyed Halo using those features.

  2. as stated, only 1 known ex Bungie member remains (Frank O’Conner who was the content manager at Bungie. He never worked on gameplay or map design) And Joe isn’t working with 343i and Halo. He’s working on ReCore. SO until they say otherwise there’s no reason to think the stories will get better.

  3. Forge and BTB release so early because it was started on before launch. The fact we have no gametypes yet means gametypes were either stopped, or not even started on before the launch. 343i designed and built Arena based solely on Slayer, Strongholds, and 2 Flag.

  4. 2 months, out of a 2-3 year marketing Campaign. Out of a 3 year Dev cycle, they apparently only knew SS wouldn’t make it 2 months before launch? that is bad management.

  5. Of course it is. Doesn’t make it fun to someone who doesn’t enjoy it though.

  6. The movement mechanics are pretty standard if you’ve played any other shooter in the last three years. Again, this is a push by 343i for the shooter communities of other games and not the general gaming population. The simple mechanics of the classic games are what made them friendly to ALL casual players.

  7. With the sheer amount of armours, it feels random. I’m not earning unlocks, I’m being given them for buying packs. I have no control over which armour I try to unlock next. I have to keep buying silver. That is my only method of unlocking stuff. I don’t have the option of buying the next helmet I unlock for instant gratification, or saving for a better one later one. It’s a much more shallow experience. I’m unlocking things, but I get them every few matches and so often, and there’s so many and they look so similar. There’s no build up and anticipation. There’s no grind to unlock a really nice helmet, it’s just one giant grind to unlock all the armoury even though I’ve never worn it or developed a meaning behind unlocking it. It’s about as far from satisfying as any system I’ve ever experienced. I’ve played games for 25 years, so…

Facts are great, as long as they are actually true. But something being a fact also doesn’t make people like it any more if their decisions were based on their own preferences.

> 2533274902628105;1:
> 2. 343I is made up of the same people who made the first 4 fps halo games. This means that the people who some of you want back (bungie) are already back and have been here the entire time

Incorrect. Luke Smith had a huge influence over the development of Halo 3,ODST & Reach and he stayed with Bungie.

It would be nice if people checked their source material before coming onto waypoint and created posts that leave people who are new to the series with the wrong information.

> 2533274902628105;1:
> 6. The movement macanics do have a learning curve kind of unfair to new people or people who arnt a customer to clamber.

With the exception of the super slide glitch: no they don’t. You press/hold one button and it’s done for you. You don’t have to think, or have decent timing.

Also, there’s only a handful of people from Bungie at 343.

> 2533274902628105;1:
> Now I personally like halo 5 and 343 while some of the stuff that they have done is not to halo fans expectations they still have done a lot in the 2 and a half years they worked on halo.
>
> Now on to the topic at hand. I will try to take objective facts for use in the following list both good and bad.
>
> 1. Halo did have a lack of content when it was first released (forge, some maps, and game types which are coming in febuary)
>
> 2. 343I is made up of the same people who made the first 4 fps halo games. This means that the people who some of you want back (bungie) are already back and have been here the entire time
>
> 3. The team that is working on the game modes for halo are not the content team otherwise known as the people who make the weapon skins.
>
> 4. The lack of split screen and lack of game modes was know 2 month in advance of the games release. So no one can complain about it.
>
> 5. The micro transactions are here to stay in halo 5.
>
> 6. The movement macanics do have a learning curve kind of unfair to new people or people who arnt a customer to clamber.
>
> 7. The tea system is based off of a number system (binary like all programing) so luck has nothing to with pulling out reqs keep getting bronze till there are no more commons left then go up to silver and so on.
>
> Now these were just some fact that I know of if there are more please post them in the comments and please respect your fellow halo fans

  1. There were literally no more than a hand full of people (five) from Bungie that moved to 343 when it was created. Not sure where the misconception that 343 is made up of mostly Bungie employees started.

  2. Are you under the impression that every person that buys the game keeps up with the news? No, if every Halo game had splitscreen and all it’s gametypes in every game for the last 14 years, the casual player isn’t going to assume otherwise. But now those people know that they may not want to buy Halo 6 because of that. And no, the lack of gametypes was not officially made clear. 343 didn’t mention they wouldn’t be in the game.

  3. They don’t really have a large learning curve, it’s just that it’s overcomplicated for new players. You have to worry about so many different movement options to play effectively, unlike other fast paced games (the main influence being CoD) where most movement options aren’t essential to doing well. In other words, Halo 5 is overcomplicated while it’s competition is accomplishing the same thing as Halo 5, only in a simpler way.

> 2533274859801720;6:
> If I said I was going to kick you in the nuts, and told you two months in advance, I’m pretty sure you’d still want to complain once it happened.

Made my day.

> 2533274813317074;10:
> > 2533274902628105;1:
> > 2. 343I is made up of the same people who made the first 4 fps halo games. This means that the people who some of you want back (bungie) are already back and have been here the entire time
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274902628105;5:
> > Yes while there aren’t that many bungie people at 343 they still make up a large amount of 343 along with the people from Microsoft that worked on halo as well. And joseph staten has joined Microsoft so we should be seeing better story telling in the future
>
>
> This is a very common myth that seems to perpetuate for whatever reason. Only around 4 or 5 Bungie members transitioned over to 343 and I think now only Frank remains, as Vic DeLeon left to join Marty at Highwire Games a few weeks ago.

can’t wait to see what highwire puts out. XD I’ll have my ears on Marty yet again.

  1. No. It isn’t. There are maybe 4 or 5 ex-Bungie employees in 343i, and they didn’t have much contribution to the way the Halo CE - Reach came out.

  2. No, we didn’t know there was a lack of game modes. Not sure where you’re getting that info. We knew what the launch playlists were, and it was underwhelming, but we were all counting on at least having access to other game modes in custom games and such.