Some explain shield bleeding thing from the TU?

Havent played the game in a while, has the updates kicked in yet? I heard something about reticle bloom and shield bleeding. Can someone explain it to me?

The update came a month ago, but since I broke my thumb, I can’t play it. So I can’t tell anything.

> Havent played the game in a while, has the updates kicked in yet? I heard something about reticle bloom and shield bleeding. Can someone explain it to me?

If you play certain game variants (available in the TU Beta), the Title Update changes kick in. They have no effect outside of those areas (though you can save the variants and play them in Customs to see the changes there).

Shield bleed-through means that if a shot does more damage than you have shields, the remaining damage is transferred to your health. So if your shields are halfway-down and I melee you, you will lose the rest of your shields and half of your health. (Without bleed-through, I would deplete your shields, and the rest of the damage would then be lost, leaving you with full health.)

Unfortunately, the change doesn’t mean much and it leads to somewhat random gameplay. Turns out, Reach’s health system has been completely broken since the game’s release, but the problem’s not noticeable unless damage bleeds through.

As for bloom? The changes there are simple: your reticle expands less, and your bullets are more accurate when you fire faster. There’s 85% bloom and zero-bloom. 85% bloom means what it sounds like: your shots aren’t as inaccurate as they are in normal Reach gameplay. With zero-bloom, your bullets always go where you’re aiming.

> As for bloom? The changes there are simple: your reticle expands less, and your bullets are more accurate when you fire faster. There’s 85% bloom and zero-bloom. 85% bloom means what it sounds like: your shots aren’t as inaccurate as they are in normal Reach gameplay. With zero-bloom, your bullets always go where you’re aiming.

Have they yet, or will they ever, adjust the visual component of the reticle bloom so that it matches the changes to the mechanic itself? I haven’t been on for a while and I shudder to hop into matchmaking in any of it’s present states to find out for myself.

Thanks for the explanation David. thumbs up