Some community suggestions for Halo CEA

I have made this thread as a waypoint(See what I did there? Ha ha!) for some common suggestions the community has for Halo CEA in the hopes that someone from 343I may see this. If you have anymore feel free to post them :slight_smile:

More fog in the level 343 Guilty Spark
The ability to see your legs when looking down
A appearance or easteregg of Linda-058 in cyrotube on the PoA
A change of armor for the last elite on the elevator at the end of The Maw before the warthog race to more resemble Zuka 'Zamamee
The voice of the leader of Fire Team Zulu on the mission Assault on the Control room needs a change to not confuse new players.

Anyone got any more? Together we can work to make Halo CEA the best Halo game to date.

Hey, Thanks for writing this. It’s a very smart post. bs angel’s a silent observer. She reads all of the threads. But lets hope she reports it to developers.

> Hey, Thanks for writing this. It’s a very smart post. bs angel’s a silent observer. She reads all of the threads. But lets hope she reports it to developers.

We can hope :stuck_out_tongue:

its a remake they are designing to play EXACTLY like it did 10 years ago. FPS legs and stuff like that were not in the game 10 years ago, there’s no reason for them now.

> its a remake they are designing to play EXACTLY like it did 10 years ago. FPS legs and stuff like that were not in the game 10 years ago, there’s no reason for them now.

Gameplay. How is showing your legs gonna alter gameplay? You know what also wasen’t in the game 10 years ago? These graphics, or co-op over XBL, or terminals. By your logic we should keep them out too.

Those are additions, not changes. See the difference?
I mean, i would just rather 343 worry about other things than the appearance of an elite, or FPS legs, or any of the stuff posted (except maybe the fog). Especially in a REMAKE of a game that didn’t have that stuff.

> Those are additions, not changes. See the difference?
> I mean, i would just rather 343 worry about other things than the appearance of an elite, or FPS legs, or any of the stuff posted (except maybe the fog). Especially in a REMAKE of a game that didn’t have that stuff.

Just because something is a remake does not mean you can’t add anything. Changing an Elite’s armor, adding legs or adding an easteregg is not going to hurt the game so what is your problem.

Thanks for making this thread! Hopefully 343 takes notice!

Pretty sure that CEA is in its final bug run and is almost ready to be shipped; I doubt they will have time to add/change much.

Please feel free to continue and contribute but might I suggest that you make recommendations about Halo 4, as it is still being developed and there will be ample time to innovate and improve it.

> Pretty sure that CEA is in its final bug run and is almost ready to be shipped; I doubt they will have time to add/change much.
>
> Please feel free to continue and contribute but might I suggest that you make recommendations about Halo 4, as it is still being developed and there will be ample time to innovate and improve it.

The game comes out in november, mean while full games like reach and gears went gold a month before release. This game won’t be gold till the middle of october.

> > Pretty sure that CEA is in its final bug run and is almost ready to be shipped; I doubt they will have time to add/change much.
> >
> > Please feel free to continue and contribute but might I suggest that you make recommendations about Halo 4, as it is still being developed and there will be ample time to innovate and improve it.
>
> The game comes out in november, mean while full games like reach and gears went gold a month before release. This game won’t be gold till the middle of october.

You think?

How about cutscenes with interactive weapons like on Halo 2?

So, basically, when you reach a certain cutscene holding, for example a shotgun, your character appears holding a shotgun in the cutscene and not the Assault Rifle that the characters are always seen to be carrying.

I’m pretty sure this isn’t possible, as from what I’ve heard, it would increase the file size by quite a lot, but it’s an idea.

Thanks for posting this, lets hope 343i sees it and approves. :stuck_out_tongue:

Because Guilty Spark liked to probe the databases of other installations, there could be an obscure reference or mention about the Spirit of Fire and the shield world that was destroyed.

> Because Guilty Spark liked to probe the databases of other installations, there could be an obscure reference or mention about the Spirit of Fire and the shield world that was destroyed.

I think it would make more sense if the Shield World was mentioned but not the Spirit of Fire.

> How about cutscenes with interactive weapons like on Halo 2?
>
> So, basically, when you reach a certain cutscene holding, for example a shotgun, your character appears holding a shotgun in the cutscene and not the Assault Rifle that the characters are always seen to be carrying.
>
> I’m pretty sure this isn’t possible, as from what I’ve heard, it would increase the file size by quite a lot, but it’s an idea.

Idk I like the idea of John holding the A.R. it’s his signature weapon.

> > Because Guilty Spark liked to probe the databases of other installations, there could be an obscure reference or mention about the Spirit of Fire and the shield world that was destroyed.
>
> I think it would make more sense if the Shield World was mentioned but not the Spirit of Fire.

True however I did say an obscure reference to either the Spirit of Fire or the Shield World that was destroyed.

Here’s a simple one.

Allow the Food Nipple Grunt to come with you in the escape form the PoA. I know enabling vehicle behavior could be considered tampering with the AI, but hell that doctrine is only there to stop “improvements” from being made to the normal behaviors in order to guarnatee the “classic” experience.

But, if we’re going through the trouble of adding skulls, new graphics, and the like to make the game more fun and otherwise enjoyable than it was before, can’t we at least expand the well-worn easter eggs to gain so much more milage off of them?

Pretty much all of these changes aren’t needed in my opinion, but it doesn’t really matter. Only one I’m really opposed to is the voice thing. All bugs should stay as long as they don’t hinder performance.