Solving a matchmaking problem.

Is there any good playlist for people who aren’t in a group? My school has a closed NAT, so while I’m there it’s basically impossible to find people to play with (It doesn’t allow me to join games and boots me if I try to party up). Now I’m home and I’m still having trouble finding people to play with. I’ve been sticking with BTB for a while but it’s getting old. I’m at the point where I play groups a lot (maybe it’s because I play late at night when my internet doesn’t lag) and either we lose badly or my team quits and we lose badly. It gets to you after a while. Any suggestions? (other than rumble pit) I’m not great but I’m very rarely out of the top 2 on my team in BTB. Also, is there a way around the closed NAT?

Firstly, since when do schools have Xbox 360s!?!? Sounds like the best school ever!

Secondly, get a better NAT. I can’t help you there.

Play another game.

More often than not a match dissolves into a group beating on randoms with quitters because there is no tangible trueskill or team balancing for most playlists.

It’s ironic the “competitive” playlists are some of the least competitive playlists to ever exist in a Halo game.

You’re not going to have fun with Reach and you never will due to the idiotic choices Bungie and 343i have made that make playing solo almost impossible to enjoy in most playlists.

It sounds like your school ( college ) has a t3 type connection. You need to ask the adim of the net work to port forward your 360 and give it its own ip in the system.
the ports you need are Here
Take note to turn on the UnPn, and NAT. also DMZ the same ip that is ported. also when doing the port forwarding, the ip you use you have to put on your 360. ( setting network connection, custom. Enter the ip there.) Then run a test and you should see your NAT open and connection good.

As for finding team mates, SWAT most the people i have befriended in this game came from SWAT. Just don’t be an Yonk and you will get team mates, then friends.

Good Hunting Spartan

ps i tried to respond a while ago but the forums didn’t like me so i copy pasted and waited.

> Play another game.
>
> More often than not a match dissolves into a group beating on randoms with quitters because there is no tangible trueskill or team balancing for most playlists.
>
> It’s ironic the “competitive” playlists are some of the least competitive playlists to ever exist in a Halo game.
>
> You’re not going to have fun with Reach and you never will due to the idiotic choices Bungie and 343i have made that make playing solo almost impossible to enjoy in most playlists.

Well that is your opinion, but i have fun regardless of win loss. No game is perfect, and on any game the only way to get better is to play better people.
But telling others that they will never have fun with a game is a far cry from you not able to find enjoyment from set game. I am quite sure that when this Spartan finds a team and starts messing with others that they will find the enjoyment they seek. Because this whole game was centered around a team. “None of that lone wolf stuff” ergo buddy up and kill kill kill. In truth the matches in this game remind me more of halo 2. you where pitted in with a wide rage of skills if you so see fit.
also you can put on search restrictions to play people at or around your skill, and whalla you have that. You can also use it for quiters afkers and all that.
But flat out telling some one not to play because you don’t use all the tools at your command is bad mojo flow, taking to account your posting on their site.

But feel as you may, do as you wish… Just because it is true with you does not mean it is so with others.