Solutions for team fire on vehicles?

Could we (the community) try and come up with some solution for the friendly fire on vehicles?

Because I’m honestly getting REALLY tired of people EMP-ing my vehicle because I got there first.

there’s no way around it. imagine if a teammate was driving an enemy around on the warthog gunner, you wouldn’t be able to disable it because friendly fire would be disabled. just play with friends, thats my only advice

Well you shouldn’t have gotten into a vehicle i wanted to drive. Nub, i am so much better than you, you’ll just get it destroyed! Screw you taste mah EMP! trolololol

^ Same player or players are terrible and lose the vehicles faster than you.

Disable friendly fire on vehicles and immunity to EMP is the way to go IMO. I know how you feel OP ;/

> Well you shouldn’t have gotten into a vehicle i wanted to drive. Nub, i am so much better than you, you’ll just get it destroyed! Screw you taste mah EMP! trolololol
>
>
>
> ^ Same player or players are terrible and lose the vehicles faster than you.
>
>
>
> Disable friendly fire on vehicles and immunity to EMP is the way to go IMO. I know how you feel OP ;/

It’s just so stupid. Why the hell would you give people the ability to spawn with a plasma pistol and have FF on vehicles at the same time?

The only way to fix it I think would be to make friendly vehicles immune to friendly fire as well, with the only exception being if an enemy boards or takes one of the passenger seats. The game can already register between a friendly and boarded friendly vehicle, wouldn’t think it would be too hard to change.

Also maybe there should be a way for the game to track players that EMP and destroy friendly vehicles in matchmaking, and have it lead to temp and permanent bans if a player continues to grief.

> > Well you shouldn’t have gotten into a vehicle i wanted to drive. Nub, i am so much better than you, you’ll just get it destroyed! Screw you taste mah EMP! trolololol
> >
> >
> >
> > ^ Same player or players are terrible and lose the vehicles faster than you.
> >
> >
> >
> > Disable friendly fire on vehicles and immunity to EMP is the way to go IMO. I know how you feel OP ;/
>
> It’s just so stupid. Why the hell would you give people the ability to spawn with a plasma pistol and have FF on vehicles at the same time?

…To think such an obvious thing went over the heads of those that are more educated with game design and a 2 year old problem that was rampant in Reach. >.< So much EMP trolling.

You don’t need some fancy college education to realize this. Why isn’t that a lot of these high level educated people miss the obvious things? ;/

> there’s no way around it. imagine if a teammate was driving an enemy around on the warthog gunner, you wouldn’t be able to disable it because friendly fire would be disabled. just play with friends, thats my only advice

That could easily be solved by simply allowing only FF on team vehicles if there is a enemy unit on board, even when a friendly is still on board. If your in a 'jacked hog with an enemy, you should be expecting it getting zapped by both teams anyway.

ya know what would probably be a great deterrent?
making it so the guy betraying you takes damage.

> Could we (the community) try and come up with some solution for the friendly fire on vehicles?
>
> Because I’m honestly getting REALLY tired of people EMP-ing my vehicle because I got there first.

Do what I do. Mute the player from Halo in game screen. Then go into your Xbox recent player list, mute them there, and leave bad feedback for Unsporting Conduct.

This way when you see a player muted in the future you can go back and give more bad feedback again knowing they are immature scrubs.

If all of us do this we can hope the scrubs play with just other scrubs.

ricochet? im sorry buddy but this games is already too much like COD

> there’s no way around it. imagine if a teammate was driving an enemy around on the warthog gunner, you wouldn’t be able to disable it because friendly fire would be disabled. just play with friends, thats my only advice

I recommend you read what you posted again.

If your Teammate is the driver then why would you want to disable it when HE/She could just hit the brakes for you to kill the gunner easily.

Anyway CoD did it right with reflecting the friendly damage back to the one delivering it.

I think he means purposely, it happened alot in halo 3

If someone starts team killing my vehicle at the beginning of a match I’ll get out, let them have it, then destroy it right after they get in. I will also remember their name and destroy every vehicle they get in for the rest of the match, all while telling them how easily it all could have been avoided had they been a little more civil.

But I’m just petty like that, and I hope they’ll learn how annoying it is and stop doing it. If we all start doing this maybe people will learn to quit team killing vehicles.

> ricochet? im sorry buddy but this games is already too much like COD

with no real deterrent in place there is nothing keeping people from laying waste to your vehicle before you get a chance to use it. why not ricochet? so what if its a cod feature?(which it isnt the first to implement it) its one that actually does what its meant to.

> > ricochet? im sorry buddy but this games is already too much like COD
>
> with no real deterrent in place there is nothing keeping people from laying waste to your vehicle before you get a chance to use it. why not ricochet? so what if its a cod feature?(which it isnt the first to implement it) its one that actually does what its meant to.

Ricochet really would be the best solution, for a number of reasons. let’s put aside the COD hate for a second and look objectively at this.
The main reason ricochet would be good is because it would eliminate trolling all together. Double melee at team mate cuz he took “your” Sniper? Blerg, you’re dead. Trying to splatter you with a Ghost? Dead, free Ghost for you. EMPing your vehicle? Pop, you ain’t got no shields. Secondly, It would cut down on sloppy grenades, and help people check their fire. I feel like friendly fire IS a part of Halo, but judging by most of the traffic here, Halo players are a selfish lot. People would be much more cautious with those Rockets when it’s their own butt on the line.

I’d rather have ALL friendly fire on with a STRICT boot system, but if that’s not an option, ricochet is the way to go.

> > > ricochet? im sorry buddy but this games is already too much like COD
> >
> > with no real deterrent in place there is nothing keeping people from laying waste to your vehicle before you get a chance to use it. why not ricochet? so what if its a cod feature?(which it isnt the first to implement it) its one that actually does what its meant to.
>
> Ricochet really would be the best solution, for a number of reasons. let’s put aside the COD hate for a second and look objectively at this.
> The main reason ricochet would be good is because it would eliminate trolling all together. Double melee at team mate cuz he took “your” Sniper? Blerg, you’re dead. Trying to splatter you with a Ghost? Dead, free Ghost for you. EMPing your vehicle? Pop, you ain’t got no shields. Secondly, It would cut down on sloppy grenades, and help people check their fire. I feel like friendly fire IS a part of Halo, but judging by most of the traffic here, Halo players are a selfish lot. People would be much more cautious with those Rockets when it’s their own butt on the line.
>
> I’d rather have ALL friendly fire on with a STRICT boot system, but if that’s not an option, ricochet is the way to go.

i agree with this. and is basically my exact train of thought.

that wouldnt fix FF cause all people would do to troll is get in ur line of sight knowing if u fired they kill themselves or get in the way of ur vehicle just for u splatter them but kill themselves, be a whole new level of trolling

> that wouldnt fix FF cause all people would do to troll is get in ur line of sight knowing if u fired they kill themselves or get in the way of ur vehicle just for u splatter them but kill themselves, be a whole new level of trolling

it would be a lot harder than emping someones vehicle every couple of seconds.

I don’t think it could be fixed properly in Matchmaking.

In Firefight however, you NEED to work as a team. Or at least: there are no enemy players to take control of your vehicles etc.
So friendly fire should be turned off on vehicles. Just yesterday I played with this -Yoink- who thought it was fun to destroy my Mantis over and over and over and over again just because I (and the other player) WERE getting kills and he couldn’t.
Result: about 10 broken Mantis’, and everytime a new one spawned he would instantly start shooting rockets at it, or stomping it. I reported the guy, but in the end it doesn’t matter that much.
It should simply not be possible to do that.