Solution to Weapon Model Controversy?

I have posted this elsewhere, but I was much more a fan of the Reach weapon models before they changed them to the original looking ones. This has been a slight controversy, but instead, why not compromise? How about another skull (or at least an option) to use the Reach weapon models instead of just the older original MA5B?

Surely it wouldn’t be that hard to implement (I say that with ignorance, however).

Just an idea. I’ll still be happy with Halo CE Anniversary anyways.

This would be effin’ amazing.
Frank O’ Connor DID in fact mention being able to “change up our gameplay” in an interview.
I think this is a spectacular idea. There’s no reason not to have it included, and would be EXTREMELY easy to implement.

I’m okay with this,there’s literary nothing wrong with this skull.

I would love this. LOVE THIS 0_o…
LOVE IT. Maybe not a skull though, maybe a change in the ‘video’ section of the menu. Come on 343. WHY NOT. WHY??

This.

This.

THIS!

Do you really want Halo: Reach weapon models in CEA that much? That wasn’t a rehtorical by the way. I’m honestly asking. Do you?

> Do you really want Halo: Reach weapon models in CEA that much? That wasn’t a rehtorical by the way. I’m honestly asking. Do you?

Yes.

Fair enough then haha.

> Do you really want Halo: Reach weapon models in CEA that much? That wasn’t a rehtorical by the way. I’m honestly asking. Do you?

It’s not like it would completely ruin the game. But the Reach model always looked like a real advanced and cooler looking assault rifle. When I saw the grunt funeral video and saw the old nostalgia weapons I…well…I don’t know : /

Just that they looked better.

Yes, the E3 weapons did look more detailed and shiny (especially the pistol).
But remember that it was not the finished product they showed in either the E3 trailer, or the grunt funeral trailer.

> > Do you really want Halo: Reach weapon models in CEA that much? That wasn’t a rehtorical by the way. I’m honestly asking. Do you?
>
> It’s not like it would completely ruin the game. But the Reach model always looked like a real advanced and cooler looking assault rifle. When I saw the grunt funeral video and saw the old nostalgia weapons I…well…I don’t know : /
>
> Just that they looked better.

This.

I get the idea that if the original CE had been created in 2010, the MA5B would look almost identical to the Reach AR.

> > > Do you really want Halo: Reach weapon models in CEA that much? That wasn’t a rehtorical by the way. I’m honestly asking. Do you?
> >
> > It’s not like it would completely ruin the game. But the Reach model always looked like a real advanced and cooler looking assault rifle. When I saw the grunt funeral video and saw the old nostalgia weapons I…well…I don’t know : /
> >
> > Just that they looked better.
>
> This.
>
> I get the idea that if the original CE had been created in 2010, the MA5B would look almost identical to the Reach AR.

1. Good to see you migrated over to the 343i forums DavidJCobb, always used to seeing you telling stupid people that they are stupid at the Bungie forums. :slight_smile:

2. I personally liked the way the AR looked in H:3 to be honest with you because the Reach one just looks so thin and almost plastic-y. Like its just a shell that bullets miraculously apparate out the end of, but that’s just me.