Solution to the Elites in MP Problem (and Sprint)

This issue has been discussed alot recently. People don’t want to add Elites to Multiplayer because:
-Problem of different hitboxes
-Thinner head an advantage to gametypes like SWAT
-They have to be shrunken down and hunched over to be similar to Spartans
-Some would rather a deeper Armory for Spartans than Spartan and Elite armories

Please comment with any other major reasons I may have missed. I don’t think the “The shape of Elites is jarring” is a good reason.

I think that:
-SWAT should be all Spartan
-Elites are full-size, making them a bigger target, but they are upright, getting rid of the neck problem.
-Elites have Evade (it shouldn’t be an Armor Ability) and Evade’s use is significantly cut down
-Spartans move fast enough that in a race, Spartans and Elites would reach a short destination at the same time at the end of the Elite’s first Evade
-Spartans have Sprint, but it can only be used when Shields are full so that you can’t use it to escape combat or double melee. Sprint is not as much faster as it is in Reach, but lasts much longer. Primary use is for reaching combat, not escaping it.

Rather than Sprint, Spartans could just have stronger Shields than Elites.

A replacement for Sprint could be the Thruster. It could automatically be used to survive fall damage for Spartans, therefore ELites would take slight fall damage while Spartans would take zero.

BRs and Carbines (or whatever the H4 equivalent will be) should be balanced so that Elites can start with Carbines and Plasma Rifles while Spartans start with BRs and ARs.

> This issue has been discussed alot recently. People don’t
> Rather than Sprint, Spartans could just have stronger Shields than Elites.

Meh, I’d have to disagree with that. In my eyes elites have always been better in shields, but they should be slower considering the way their legs are shaped.

Those are good ideas, I alwalys liked playing as an elite, just not in Halo Reach’s Firefight.

Somehow it looks like spartans are more favored than elites here.

> > This issue has been discussed alot recently. People don’t
> > Rather than Sprint, Spartans could just have stronger Shields than Elites.
>
> Meh, I’d have to disagree with that. In my eyes elites have always been better in shields, but they should be slower considering the way their legs are shaped.

No way, those hooves the elites have are like horse legs, they can definitly haul -Yoink-.

OT: I said it once, I will say it a thousand times, I think that sprint isnt going to be in Halo 4 because Spartan 2’s (which I assume is what we will be playing as, either that or Spartan 4’s ;>) not only ran faster than the Spartan 3’s in Reach, but are also taller, so they can move around faster anyway.

The elite issue doesnt really matter to me, the only time I liked playing as an Elite was when I first played Halo 2 and that got old quick, then in Reach they were awesome, not hunched over old ladies like in 2 and 3.

the elites leg are actually made for speed, ever seen raptor legs?

If you want to go down the road of big physical differences (height, speed and shield)
make it so that it is balanced and that it doesn’t give you an advantage in a given situation.

We like to play as elites whenever we want not in specific gametypes, why couldn’t we?

There for one should be no sprint in Halo 4. Let me get that one out of the way. Faster base movement.

No Elites in competitive playlists unless it’s strictly Spartans vs Elites gametype. Mainly because of what you see visually for an Elite and what is actually the hitbox for the Spartans for the Elite. Plus Elites need to be unique, not just Spartan equivalents.

If you really want them so badly 343i should just throw them in with their original hitbox, like Halo 2.

> There for one should be no sprint in Halo 4. Let me get that one out of the way. Faster base movement.
>
> No Elites in competitive playlists unless it’s strictly Spartans vs Elites gametype. Mainly because of what you see visually for an Elite and what is actually the hitbox for the Spartans for the Elite. Plus Elites need to be unique, not just Spartan equivalents.
>
> If you really want them so badly 343i should just throw them in with their original hitbox, like Halo 2.

Why not in competitive?

Your argument can also be applicable to Armour variations, remove “x” variation since its bigger and makes you more obvious and because it doesn’t affect your hitbox (i’m looking at you security).

Elites were in competitive in H2 and 3 and it didn’t ruin MM (not accepting the elites being harder to kill swat argument as it was largely proven untrue and you should be able to adapt to different head style since you play in a sci-fi game)

> > There for one should be no sprint in Halo 4. Let me get that one out of the way. Faster base movement.
> >
> > No Elites in competitive playlists unless it’s strictly Spartans vs Elites gametype. Mainly because of what you see visually for an Elite and what is actually the hitbox for the Spartans for the Elite. Plus Elites need to be unique, not just Spartan equivalents.
> >
> > If you really want them so badly 343i should just throw them in with their original hitbox, like Halo 2.
>
> Why not in competitive?
>
> Your argument can also be applicable to Armour variations, remove “x” variation since its bigger and makes you more obvious and because it doesn’t affect your hitbox (i’m looking at you security).
>
> Elites were in competitive in H2 and 3 and it didn’t ruin MM (not accepting the elites being harder to kill swat argument as it was largely proven untrue and you should be able to adapt to different head style since you play in a sci-fi game)

Because if they were in MP I’d prefer if they were different to Spartans like they are in Reach. Look at Invasion, with some refinement it could be a hell of a lot of fun.

As for competitive play, do I really need to repeat myself, haven’t we gone through this in another thread? I’ll say again. The Elites have the Spartans hitbox. That’s your problem right there because they hardly look the same do they?

I personally find the armoury pointless, a waste of time, but the different helmets is hardly as drastic as a whole different model. Different visor colours, namely Black is a problem though.

I never said Elites were necessarily difficult to kill. If you believe I ever had trouble adapting with any Halo game feel free to browse through my service record.

And your last point is just silly. You should be able to adapt and shoot Oddjob in Goldeneye because you’re playing a Bond game. Just no.

> > There for one should be no sprint in Halo 4. Let me get that one out of the way. Faster base movement.
> >
> > No Elites in competitive playlists unless it’s strictly Spartans vs Elites gametype. Mainly because of what you see visually for an Elite and what is actually the hitbox for the Spartans for the Elite. Plus Elites need to be unique, not just Spartan equivalents.
> >
> > If you really want them so badly 343i should just throw them in with their original hitbox, like Halo 2.
>
> Why not in competitive?
>
> Your argument can also be applicable to Armour variations, remove “x” variation since its bigger and makes you more obvious and because it doesn’t affect your hitbox (i’m looking at you security).
>
> Elites were in competitive in H2 and 3 and it didn’t ruin MM (not accepting the elites being harder to kill swat argument as it was largely proven untrue and you should be able to adapt to different head style since you play in a sci-fi game)

This. I like switching between races. I was fine how halo 2/3 did it.

> Because if they were in MP I’d prefer if they were different to Spartans like they are in Reach. Look at Invasion, with some refinement it could be a hell of a lot of fun.

> As for competitive play, do I really need to repeat myself, haven’t we gone through this in another thread? I’ll say again. The Elites have the Spartans hitbox. That’s your problem right there because they hardly look the same do they?

I never said anything about the hitbox i do agree it is problematic and needs to be solved

> I personally find the armoury pointless, a waste of time, but the different helmets is hardly as drastic as a whole different model. Different visor colours, namely Black is a problem though.

I was comparing, although personally i like armors that are original from one another and not have alot of repeats

> I never said Elites were necessarily difficult to kill. If you believe I ever had trouble adapting with any Halo game feel free to browse through my service record.

I never said you did, it was a general statement, some people like to blame the system for their faults

> And your last point is just silly. You should be able to adapt and shoot Oddjob in Goldeneye because you’re playing a Bond game. Just no.

I have to disagree, i meant that in a sci-fi game were you fight aliens you need to expect fighting different creature instead of thinking they will all possess the same character model, i never said you couldn’t in other games

Some reason when I went to post here nothing I typed up was added, just the original quote. My actual post is below.

> > Because if they were in MP I’d prefer if they were different to Spartans like they are in Reach. Look at Invasion, with some refinement it could be a hell of a lot of fun.
>
>
>
> > As for competitive play, do I really need to repeat myself, haven’t we gone through this in another thread? I’ll say again. The Elites have the Spartans hitbox. That’s your problem right there because they hardly look the same do they?
>
> I never said anything about the hitbox i do agree it is problematic and needs to be solved

Glad you agree. I just think it would be easier and less time consuming if they simply made Spartans the only model for competitive gametypes.

I’m not bothered about the other arguments, just that. :slight_smile:

> Glad you agree. I just think it would be easier and less time consuming if they simply made Spartans the only model for competitive gametypes.
>
> I’m not bothered about the other arguments, just that. :slight_smile:

easier yes, but the game has a three year developing
cycle with 200 employees, i can imagine they can find a way to make it work

If I wouldn’t be able to play as an elite in competitive, I wouldn’t even bother with buying the game. However, I might rent it for the campaign.

I really like sprint and evade. Though I always though evade could’ve been done better.

i always played as elites in halo 2 and 3 i never felt like i had a advantage i died just as much as the Spartans. and it gets boring shooting at one thing its fun to find a elite and its more skillful to know how to fight both not just Spartans. keeps things interesting why i love halo multiplayer not just because its fun but because you always need to expect the unexpected like a burning warthog flying across the map and splattering you. you cant get that kind of amusement in other shooters

> i always played as elites in halo 2 and 3 i never felt like i had a advantage i died just as much as the Spartans. and it gets boring shooting at one thing its fun to find a elite and its more skillful to know how to fight both not just Spartans. keeps things interesting why i love halo multiplayer not just because its fun but because you always need to expect the unexpected like a burning warthog flying across the map and splattering you. you cant get that kind of amusement in other shooters

agreed.

> If I wouldn’t be able to play as an elite in competitive, I wouldn’t even bother with buying the game. However, I might rent it for the campaign.

Im sorry, but that is the dumbest thing I have read on Waypoint. So your saying that playing as an elite in MM is the most important thing to you?

> > If I wouldn’t be able to play as an elite in competitive, I wouldn’t even bother with buying the game. However, I might rent it for the campaign.
>
> Im sorry, but that is the dumbest thing I have read on Waypoint. So your saying that playing as an elite in MM is the most important thing to you?

As far as Halo is concerned, yes! You’d be mad if you couldn’t play as a Spartan.