Solution To Friendly Fire

So I just saw a thread about friendly fire and whether or not it should be turned off. The biggest issue with friendly fire isn’t accidental but intentional betrayals. One easy way to fix this is instead of getting the option to boot somebody out (putting your team at a possible disadvantage depending if you are in arena) you get the option to disable their friendly fire. The only argument I can see against this is that it would enable nade spam for that person. I don’t think it’s too big of a deal especially of trade off is you not being killed anymore by a teammate. If grenade spam becomes a major issue I am sure 343 can make some sort of penalty for grenade kills by FF disabled players. What do you guys think?

It wouldn’t work if you could do this, then at the start of the match everyone would just betray each other so that you all become resistant to FF. Then you can pick up rocks fire it at team mates etc while they CQC and not worry about getting a betrayal or handing a kill to the enemy because you teams mate would be invulnerable to your fire. Any team which didn’t do this would be at a disadvantage.

That’s where that penalty comes in. Not sure what it could be but I can see it working like the enemy team becomes more resistant to disabled FF explosives. Also wouldn’t a team that did that off the start have a score of -4 (or more if not arena)

Sorry, but that’s simply not an option.

Friendly fire, and your team working around it, is an enormous part of competitive gameplay. It’s not just grenade spam, but snipers covering your back, any weapon with splash damage, etc. that requires a cost/benefit analysis before it’s used when friendly fire is a variable. Turning it off neuters a core component of competitive gameplay.

I know it sucks, but potentially getting killed by your own teammates is a part of online gameplay. I suggest in the first few weeks you’re playing find a group of players you enjoy playing with, and aren’t 12-years old, and make friends with them. Also, go on various Halo forums and try to make up a team. Finally, once you manage to build up your CSR ranking high enough (which you hopefully will), I doubt you’re going to see much of that because everyone else is just as concerned with their rank as you are.

What about making it where shooting/grenading a teammate inflicted that damage to you, rather than the teammate?

If there is a delibarate shot(S) from a gun (not a grenade) that kills a friendly player they should be instantly be killed by the game and have a respawning time for over a minute

> 2535463963463926;6:
> If there is a delibarate shot(S) from a gun (not a grenade) that kills a friendly player they should be instantly be killed by the game and have a respawning time for over a minute

The issue here is that the game can’t accurately distinguish whether that shot on a friendly was deliberate or just an accident.

Honestly, I hate that the current system parameters have either no penalties or simply removes the betrayer from play for a period of time. The former throws caution to the wind while the latter doesn’t prevent the problem, just creates a timed buffer so that is doesn’t happen as often.

Why can’t we leave it the way it is? I’ve play 1600 games on the MCC and I’ve maybe encountered 5-6 games of intentional betraying. Nowhere near enough time to warrent removing one of my favorite aspects of Halo.

Friendly fire should be apart of every shooter game. You should be aware of your surroundings. As for trolls, just go in with a team and your problems solved

> 2533274833656619;9:
> Friendly fire should be apart of every shooter game. You should be aware of your surroundings. As for trolls, just go in with a team and your problems solved

Great Idea going in withe team with stop them damn trolls from ruining your day (like they always do)

I feel like this is one of those times where I can pull out a lot of pro sprinters arguments here

I find it funny that the same people who are saying 'Spartans should be able to sprint", are the very same people saying, “friendly bullets shouldn’t hurt you”
For immersion and realism friendly fire is a necessity, I mean real soldiers can’t shoot at their friendlies because real bullets do real damage
So friendly fire needs to be in this game