Solution to AFK players

Boot idle players…
Why has this not been implemented?!

Suggestions:

> IMO, after a certain amount of time (someone said 3 min), then the option should come up to boot a player on everyone else’s screen. If half or more say yes, then the player is removed. This would make it where if a t04 go in and one person says they will be right back, they aren’t auto booted, while still giving players the option to boot them.

> Good idea, but we need to ask; why are they AFKing in the first place?
>
> Let’s have a system that doesn’t reward people for doing nothing.

So, combine idle boot with a reduced game completion bonus to disincentivise AFK credit -Yoink!- and stick wiggling in the first place.

Good question. This should be implemented since we have join in session occurring in War games.

True. I think after 3 minutes idle players should be booted. Sometimes people leave and come back a little late so I would give it 3 minutes.

This is a good idea, because I don’t want an extra player to feed the enemy team and go -10, especially now there are ordnance drops, as well as making us lose an idle player will help the enemies get better weapons. so I like this idea. In fact I think it’s essential.

since theres join in session yeah

Wouldn’t prevent people from wiggling their sticks a little bit to prevent the boot.

There needs to be something better…

I’ve always thought of this. But another problem: What if they don’t AFK, they just run around in circles or constantly jumping? That won’t affect players that do that kind of thing to get booted, unless they can get booted for not getting any kills for a certain time.

> I’ve always thought of this. But another problem: What if they don’t AFK, they just run around in circles or constantly jumping? That won’t affect players that do that kind of thing to get booted, unless they can get booted for not getting any kills for a certain time.

That would just lead to bad players and designated drivers being booted.

I don’t see an east fix to people wiggling the stick. But at least we can make them go to the trouble of wiggling their stick…

> True. I think after 3 minutes idle players should be booted. Sometimes people leave and come back a little late so I would give it 3 minutes.
>
> This is a good idea, because I don’t want an extra player to feed the enemy team and go -10, especially now there are ordnance drops, as well as making us lose an idle player will help the enemies get better weapons. so I like this idea. In fact I think it’s essential.

Not three I say after 1, even 2 minutes but no more than that

> > I’ve always thought of this. But another problem: What if they don’t AFK, they just run around in circles or constantly jumping? That won’t affect players that do that kind of thing to get booted, unless they can get booted for not getting any kills for a certain time.
>
> That would just lead to bad players and designated drivers being booted.
>
> I don’t see an east fix to people wiggling the stick. But at least we can make them go to the trouble of wiggling their stick…

I always wiggle my stick when I play.

Ifyouknowwhatimean

Hopefully Afk won’t ruin Spartan OPs.

People AFK primarily to get the credits you would get from Jackpots and the Match completion rewards. Seeing as those 2 are the bigger sources of income compared.to everything else, players will Afk.

343 needs to make match completion very small. It may help of they remove jackpots and make commendations appear more frequently, like medals do in BF3.

The goal is to get people playing. If you make doing nothing a good way to make credits, they’ll do nothing. Make it so thtlst the stuff you do is your source of income. You want big points, play smart and well, and the money will come pouring right in.

To me, that’s the best solution other than boots and automated bans. They can be abused and misused. Here, you can’t if done right.

Boot after 3 minutes would do it. Games tend to last around 10 minutes, so being AFK for a third of that seems fair without kicking people that genuinly are forced away from their Xbox for a few minutes. (Parents calling, quick run downstairs for a glass of water etc).

Don’t forget, sure you may lose the match or round, but they’re the ones that will waste time, die a lot and earn less credits/medals.

The rubber band on the right thumb stick trick will still be used

> Hopefully Afk won’t ruin Spartan OPs.

Make NO mistake - Spartan Ops will be packed full of idle players. Firefight in Reach still has idlers to this day, particularly when there are weekly challenges involved.

I have my doubts that the penalty for being idle will be severe enough to prevent the behaviour.

Then again, I always had a good time seeing how often I could get an idle player killed.

Why aren’t they playing? Perhaps when the answer to this question is revealed will we finally know how to prevent players from AFKing, but until such a time of enlightenment arrives we’ll just have to settle for an algorithm that detects idle player activity, or repetitious player activity that would suggest a player has glued his thumbs to the jump button, and then boots them from the game. It’s a rather ingenious idea, but it hasn’t been implemented into a Halo game before in fear of lawsuits being brought forth by a sub-race of humans that are born with their thumbs glued to the jump button, or other such deformations that cause repetitious player activity in games like Halo.

> True. I think after 3 minutes idle players should be booted. Sometimes people leave and come back a little late so I would give it 3 minutes.

They should be booted period. 3 mins is fair enough. End of story.

Yes, I understand things do turn up. But if you can not set aside 10 or 15 min for one session then leave the game. End of story.

It is rude. It is unfair to teammates you are playing with. And it shows your disrepect to all gamers involved. Not to mention the waste of everyone’s time.

3 mins. If not contributing by then. Boot!

If you have other things to do in life, don’t start up a game. It’s that simple.

Good idea, but we need to ask; why are they AFKing in the first place?

Let’s have a system that doesn’t reward people for doing nothing.

How about a “vote to kick” option as well? You press select, then select their name from the list of players, choose “vote to kick,” then select the reason as:

1. Idle
  2. Betraying
  3. Hacking/Modding
  4. Foul Language/Inapproprate Communications
  5. Unsporting Conduct(i.e., deliberately helping the enemy team)

These options would only become available if the player was idle for 2/3 minutes, had betrayed players and somehow avoided the betrayal kick, hacked or modded their system, was screaming obscenities or making unbearable noise, or was running into the enemy team and getting killed on purpose, spawning weapons drops for them, etc. This way only legitimate reasons can be used for the vote kick so it’s not abused to no end like the vote kick in the Left 4 Dead series.

And if players are exploiting the credit system, like unplugging their internet cable, getting challenges many times over, being found to be idle, or their controllers are found to be doing repetetive actions for the majority of a match length(i.e., rubber band on the controller), then their credits and rank would be reset and ban them from matchmaking for 2 weeks and ban them from earning credits for 1 month. we need to crack down on this bull****.

> How about a “vote to kick” option as well? You press select, then select their name from the list of players, choose “vote to kick,” then select the reason as:
>
> 1. Idle
> 2. Betraying
> 3. Hacking/Modding
> 4. Foul Language/Inapproprate Communications
> 5. Unsporting Conduct(i.e., deliberately helping the enemy team)
>
> These options would only become available if the player was idle for 2/3 minutes, had betrayed players and somehow avoided the betrayal kick, hacked or modded their system, was screaming obscenities or making unbearable noise, or was running into the enemy team and getting killed on purpose, spawning weapons drops for them, etc. This way only legitimate reasons can be used for the vote kick so it’s not abused to no end like the vote kick in the Left 4 Dead series.
>
> And if players are exploiting the credit system, like unplugging their internet cable, getting challenges many times over, being found to be idle, or their controllers are found to be doing repetetive actions for the majority of a match length(i.e., rubber band on the controller), then their credits and rank would be reset and ban them from matchmaking for 2 weeks and ban them from earning credits for 1 month. we need to crack down on this bull****.

I hope you’re joking about number four… There’s a mute button for christ’s sake. And a vote to kick people can just be -Yoink- bags and “team up” and kick someone for something. I.e. Sniper, tank, anything really. And what happens when a party controls a lobby with one or two randoms in their team. They can just kick them when they feel like it. Also your last paragraph… Who gives a dam how high of a rank someone is in a video game ESPECIALLY an exp based rank system. I don’t have a problem with people doing the rubber band and the unplugging is already a reset.