Solution for online co-op campaign input lag?

Dear forum members,

as a lot of us already know (especially those affected by it) there are huge issues with the online co-op campaign at the moment.

To be more precise: There is massive “input-lag” in the online co-op campaign (at least for some), similar to the “input-lag” that could be experienced in Halo CE: Anniversaries online co-op campaign. This makes online co-op campaign in the MCC unplayable for some.

As far as I know, matchmaking multiplayer games are running on dedicated servers. Campaign online co-op games are not.

So what if you would also host campaign online co-op games on dedicated servers?

While i believe that there must be some problem with the netcode/software, maybe using dedicated servers would at least contribute to the solution.

However, as I am not a technician, I have no idea if this idea makes a lot of sense, still I thought it might be worth telling it to the community and 343i.

I don’t know what’s causing the issue, I never got it when playing Halo 3 and 4 on 360, but I do on this version. Dedicated servers might help.

I just hope 343 acknowledge this issue, they seemed to pretend it didn’t exist on Anniversary.

Same issue and it’s infuriating. My buddies don’t want to play coop with me because of this issue specifically. It sucks that technical problems that have not even been officially acknowledged keep us from playing together. I recorded a couple videos to show the experience that the guest player gets.

Control latency: http://youtu.be/EQl475U3lqA

And aiming latency on top of that: http://youtu.be/sNCu4xHEeZs

Dear Luminotik,

thank you for posting the videos! I happen to be member of the largest german speaking gaming forum, would you mind if I share your videos there?

It can show very clearly which problem we mean and more people knowing it might help us get the problem fixed.

Oh absolutely Vanille, feel free. I just wasn’t able to find any good examples so I made my own haha.

Yeah, that is actually great, thank you for that!

We had this problem yesterday. We logged out and I gaved the party chat host to my friend while I had the host for COOP. No more input lag!

• I’ve been having these issues as well I’ve tried everything and nothing seems to work I just wanna play campaign with my brother

> 2745721379991557;7:
> We had this problem yesterday. We logged out and I gaved the party chat host to my friend while I had the host for COOP. No more input lag!

I have yet to play COOP with any of my freinds yet but these issues might make me wait until its fixed.
btw MediocreSumo does that always work for you and your friends?

> 2745721379991557;7:
> We had this problem yesterday. We logged out and I gaved the party chat host to my friend while I had the host for COOP. No more input lag!

Did absolutely nothing for us. All of us have > 40/20 connections and it didn’t matter who was hosting the game, it had a consistent level of latency for all guest players. This has to be a problem with the game itself…

This bug is infuriating, we (the game finally allowed us to) completed gravemind last night after 7 attempts with the game kicking us out near the end.

> 2625759425617476;11:
> This bug is infuriating, we (the game finally allowed us to) completed gravemind last night after 7 attempts with the game kicking us out near the end.

Yeah that’s also really nice - losing all progress… Why is single player progress saved but coop cannot be? That seems goofy to me…

I pay for xbox live access each month ! What the money is for then ? I can’t play 3 games co-op due to input latency.
Make these games asynchronous, use online dedicated campaign servers… i don’t care ! i paid and still pay for something i simply can not get, this is called a scam.

> 2533274799990004;12:
> > 2625759425617476;11:
> > This bug is infuriating, we (the game finally allowed us to) completed gravemind last night after 7 attempts with the game kicking us out near the end.
>
>
> Yeah that’s also really nice - losing all progress… Why is single player progress saved but coop cannot be? That seems goofy to me…

It’s been that way since 2001…

You think campaign lag is bad, wait until Spartan Ops is launched next month. What about H5? Will firefight return? I know how bad the lag is in FF on both Reach and ODST. ODST’s network code was so bad that if anyone lagged, EVERYONE lagged, including the host. Co-op requires more data and bandwith than multiplayer does, especially the 4v4 that Halo primarily consists of. Why should only part of the game be playable online? Why are the dedicated servers only for the MLG -Yoinks!- that care about their rank too much? Hell, they meet and have their tournaments over LAN connections anyway. It still pisses me off all the playlists are the same thing. All 4v4, all slayer. Not even a dedicated objective list, and nobody votes it. No variety whatsoever. No multi-team, no action sack, not even zombies or invasion. We al know that stupid grifball nonsense is coming eventually. Will we ever get a Halo game to start out with diverse options instead of the same bland options across the board? Multi-team was in Reach the entire 4 years, that I recall. Yet, they still don’t know how to launch anything without taking away half of what we’re used to from previous games. I’m still pissed action sack was dropped from Reach while both Arena and MLG remain, in spite of being copies of team slayer anyway. Neither MLG nor Arena has any sort of population on Reach anymore. The fun/social playlists should’ve stayed, while the competitive people moved on to newer games.

The Final Solution:

Extermination of all copies of MCC on a genocidal scale

> 2533274919531739;16:
> The Final Solution:
>
> Extermination of all copies of MCC on a genocidal scale

Didn’t they dig up that landfill where all the copies of ET were buried? I bet there’s some space there.

So exactly what is the point of this forum when the staff never answers anything and the game is still broken nearly 2 weeks later? This whole mess was just an excuse to sell more XB1s, one of the most horrible consoles ever launched. If they had only done Halo 2 Anniversary, they would’ve had to include Xbox 360 in the release. Plus, it might actually work.

It’s not even just in MCC and CEA, Halo 3 and ODST campaigns and firefight are horrendous as well. It’s just a serious, horrible issue with the basic netcode that hasn’t been addressed for years. I really just hate it, I want to play this with friends.

> 2533274815839839;14:
> > 2533274799990004;12:
> > > 2625759425617476;11:
> > > This bug is infuriating, we (the game finally allowed us to) completed gravemind last night after 7 attempts with the game kicking us out near the end.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Yeah that’s also really nice - losing all progress… Why is single player progress saved but coop cannot be? That seems goofy to me…
>
>
>
>
> It’s been that way since 2001…

Haha isn’t the theory though that things should have gotten better in 13 years?

> It’s not even just in MCC and CEA, Halo 3 and ODST campaigns and firefight are horrendous as well. It’s just a serious, horrible issue with the basic netcode that hasn’t been addressed for years. I really just hate it, I want to play this with friends.

It just sucks that they won’t even acknowledge that this is a legitimate issue and that it deserves to be fixed in time…