Solution for DLC Maps in Halo 4

Let’s face it, DLC has always been a major issue ever since Halo 3. Playlist restrictions divided the population, and not having restrictions, as in Reach, means you will likely never play on the maps you paid good money for.

I think the best way to handle DLC in the future would be this:

Premium DLC maps

Gives you access to the maps in all game modes, including forge, customs, and multiplayer, along with any achievements that may come bundled with the map pack.

Free DLC maps

Gives you access to the maps in multiplayer only, and no achievements. If you want the extras, you have to buy the premium version.

Premium purchasers of the maps can get a full months access (or more) of gameplay in a specific DLC playlist until the free version is eventually released to the public. And once the free version is out, they can start putting DLC restrictions on certain playlists since from then on there is no reason for anyone NOT to have the maps to play in multiplayer. This will not only stop the population from being split, but also guarantee us the opportunity to play on new maps in our favorite playlists.

What do you guys think?

I don’t think Microsoft would want to lose money.

> I don’t think Microsoft would want to lose money.