Solo Mission on Halo 5 Guardians

As we all know, the game will be all focused around coop, we even have characters to fill the gap when no one is with you. I was just thinking about what Ubisoft did with Ghost Recon Future Soldier, but adapt it to the game (because when you play coop on Ghost Recon FS, you play with the same character). It would be cool a solo Master Chief/Jameson Locke mission.

I believe 343i have confirmed that the team never leaves you during gameplay. If they did have a “solo” mission, how would this work in Halo 5 co-op?

> 2533274906745123;2:
> I believe 343i have confirmed that the team never leaves you during gameplay. If they did have a “solo” mission, how would this work in Halo 5 co-op?

Four master chiefs!

> 2533274906745123;2:
> I believe 343i have confirmed that the team never leaves you during gameplay. If they did have a “solo” mission, how would this work in Halo 5 co-op?

It wouldn’t have to work with co-op. It would simply just be a solo mission.

But I doubt they’ll do that unfortunately. I find it very troubling that it seems they’ve decided to make the entire game squad based. Yikes.

> 2717573882290912;3:
> Four master chiefs!

Or just ^^this^^.

I think it’s fine this time around. We’ve had a lot of missions where you were alone with Cortana exploring some mysterious place (most of CE and Halo 4) so why not give squad-based a chance?

But OP, you’ll always be with all of Blue Team or all of Osiris; they’ll be played by people through co-op (which is when you may wind up as Tanaka or Fred), or they’ll be controlled by AI (where you’ll always be Chief or Locke). But that’s solo play: always have three AIs with you for company. I’m excited about it since like all of these characters. I’m interested to hear the banter.

What I do wonder about is Halo 6. Osiris won’t be hunting Chief forever, so what do they wind up doing in that game? And unless Halo remains squad based from here on out, what happens to Blue Team? Does Chief get separated again? Do we ever play as him as a lone wolf again?

maybe the team could all be separated by something like a landslide, avalanche etc. Until they get reunited each player must play on their own (would also add replay ability as people would want to see other perspectives)

obviously AI wouldn’t be able to die, but maybe players could? With plenty of checkpoints it wouldn’t be too frustrating.

> 2717573882290912;3:
> > 2533274906745123;2:
> > I believe 343i have confirmed that the team never leaves you during gameplay. If they did have a “solo” mission, how would this work in Halo 5 co-op?
>
>
> Four master chiefs!

Haha :smiley:
It’d be weird a bit. When I was a kid I thought that in coop, one player plays with the Chief and the other player plays with a marine. xD But then a figured out that not how it’s work.

> 2533274834430951;6:
> maybe the team could all be separated by something like a landslide, avalanche etc. Until they get reunited each player must play on their own (would also add replay ability as people would want to see other perspectives)
>
> obviously AI wouldn’t be able to die, but maybe players could? With plenty of checkpoints it wouldn’t be too frustrating.

Yes, and maybe add achievements, like discover a audio log from Dutch, or Tanaka finding a photo of her with her family when she was young.

> 2717573882290912;3:
> > 2533274906745123;2:
> > I believe 343i have confirmed that the team never leaves you during gameplay. If they did have a “solo” mission, how would this work in Halo 5 co-op?
>
>
> Four master chiefs!

I was thinking about having blue team in the mission, it’s solo when you’re not playing coop, but when you do the other players use the other members from the teams.

Maybe 343 could do a ‘Gears of War’ movie and have each of the Spartans voluntarily/involuntarily separated. Each player and Spartan would go down different paths. Might add some replayability.

343i has already confirmed that your 3 squadmates are “with you every step of the way”. You can choose to not utilize any of the command features when playing solo and leave their AI to their own devices, but they’re not going to be separated from you. This game was designed from the ground up to take the most advantage of this new addition to Halo’s combat sandbox (i.e. “your team is your weapon”). And not only that, these characters are majorly important to the personal journeys of both protagonists. They’re a key part of the story //and// the gameplay.