Solo Legendary Ending Discussion *SPOILERS*

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

I’M SERIOUS. THERE’S SPOILERS DOWN THERE

How do you guys feel about them showing the Chief’s face? I know they really didn’t show much of anything, and the only thing we saw is stuff we [should] already know. He’s white and getting kind of old.

I’ve gotta be honest, my jimmies have been rustled. The whole point of the Chief is to be a faceless hero. Everything he does, he does for humanity, not himself. He’s like Batman in that he’s more of a symbol than an individual, imo. Though the new trilogy is going to develop him as more of an emotional character, I think he still should have remained absolutely faceless. I was disappointed that my reward for beating Solo Legendary was seeing part of his face.

How 'bout everyone else?

Also feel free to share tips for beating Legendary by yourself (though I guess it’s kind of pointless because anyone reading this probably beat the game already XD). My best tip is to spam the auto sentry against Knights. They get so distracted by it.

It was a ballsy move, but anyone who read the novels could anticipate what he looked liked.

But, he’s also not that old. Age wise, 40s I think but all that time spent in cryo and slip space? He still has the body of a Olympian in their 20s.

It was stupid.

Not at the fact they showed his face, just at how little the legendary ending was.

In 1 you had Johnson and the elite.
2 Nothing
3 Reqium
ODST truth
Wars: “Captain, we have a problem”
Reach nothing (I think?)
4: A little bit of the chief’s brow

Why not show something that will tease, not that he is white and has eye brows!!!

I think they were forshadowing that the chief is now going to bedoing things in and out of his suit. Not all of his battles are going to be with guns. Did anyone else think that they didn’t show his eyes had an ominus overtone…

There was a different ending on Legendary? o_O WAT.

> It was a ballsy move, but anyone who read the novels could anticipate what he looked liked.
>
>
> But, he’s also not that old. Age wise, 40s I think but all that time spent in cryo and slip space? He still has the body of a Olympian in their 20s.

Yeah. He’s by no means a geezer, but he’s definitely starting to show his age I think. He’s got some wrinkles.

You guys didnt see his eyes though? They were black… there werent any there!

I for one would not mind the next Halo being more like Mass Effect.

okay how bout some real spoilers, ponder this over and go look again. the chief is evolving, when chief first meets lasky before meeting the librarian, chief is about the same size as commander whatsher name she even said she expected him to be taller. but then in the ending after recieveing the gift from the librarian which excelerates his evolution, you notice that as he passes commaander whats her name in the end tht she barely reaches his shoulder, now whys this. well in my honest opionion i think the librarian basicly excelerated chief so much that hes becoming forerrunner, crazy right. this would also explain why his eyes arent shown. and why the uit is coming off in the first place, its too small.

Showing his face had shown that he’s no longer a machine. His suit’s kind of like a cacoon and now we’re seeing what comes out after all the experiences and all the loss. You can sort of compare him to Batman but instead we’re getting to know him now and probably what drives him.

I think his eyes being blacked out was just there as a means of saying “We’ll show you his face but we can’t show you his eyes”. It was more or less a tease. One I feel proud of earning from running out of ammo every ten seconds. :stuck_out_tongue:

If they did it in Halo 3, I’d have been pissed. But because they spent the entire game giving him a personallity anyway, he didn’t feel so much like a faceless robot, so I’m fine with them showing his face.

He’s not a faceless hero if you read any of the books that involve him. That and if 343 wants make him feel more human, we’re probably going to see a lot more of him outside his suit, as someone else mentioned.

> okay how bout some real spoilers, ponder this over and go look again. the chief is evolving, when chief first meets lasky before meeting the librarian, chief is about the same size as commander whatsher name she even said she expected him to be taller. but then in the ending after recieveing the gift from the librarian which excelerates his evolution, you notice that as he passes commaander whats her name in the end tht she barely reaches his shoulder, now whys this. well in my honest opionion i think the librarian basicly excelerated chief so much that hes becoming forerrunner, crazy right. this would also explain why his eyes arent shown. and why the uit is coming off in the first place, its too small.

Why isn’t this post getting any attention? It just blew my mind

I liked it. Beats whatever the hell Bioware were thinking when showing us Tali’s face…

Tip for the last level. Just use that shield and back up into the portals. Made my life so much easier.

I think it’d be much better to now see Chief’s full face and ‘human-ise’ him even more. Throughout Halo 1 to 3 he did feel like a faceless robot. In Halo 4, it does make you think about his ‘human side’ and how that has affected him.

Long story short.

I think seeing him in ‘normal’ military clothes aboard Infinity would be great. Maybe even in a new Spartan fire-team too?

Never showing Master Chief’s face was a Bungie thing. Not a Halo thing.

They had a preference that left Chief as a faceless hero, as they believe the player should be imagining THEY are the Chief. He was supposed to just be a representation of YOU in the game.

Clearly, as 343i has gone through he trouble of laying a lot of groundwork for Master Chief to be his own man, they do not share this preference. Now it is suddenly okay to give him a face, since he is his own character and we are supposed to consider him that way.

Bungie had us go through the game AS Master Chief.

343i would have us go through the game WITH Master Chief.

I kind of liken it to a change in perspective.

I loved that hey showed his face finally. To many people, they forget that Master Chief is just a man. He may be genetically and cyberneticly enhanced, but he is still just a man.

Showing his face lends much greater Force to what Cortana said to him earlier in the game. To find out which one of them is the machine. I think Master Chief is now starting to question who or what he is.

> I for one would not mind the next Halo being more like Mass Effect.

That would be an interesting turn of events.

I only completed it on normal and I’m a little annoyed to be finding this out but I’m somewhat interested and I feel like I need to play it on legendary now. Still don’t think they should have done it

Since I never liked Chief as an Avatar, I don’t mind seeing his face. This only helps him as a character.