Solace, Haven, & Adrift should all be in BTB

Let me just start off by saying… I KNOW THIS THREAD WILL START CONTROVERSY. I will try my hardest not to get mad at people and in return I would like to see others respectfully agree or disagree. I want this to be kept clean and I want people to be open to others ideas.

So some of you may be saying “YES!” and others may be saying “What is this guy smoking?”. I would just like to point out that Beaver Creek, Lockout, Midship and Sanctuary were in BTB in Halo 2. And let me tell you… It was a blast every single time those maps came up. I’m not saying they came up an awful lot but when they did it was amazing. I remember vividly lockout coming up in BTB and half the people in the game going “Lockout in BTB!?! This is going to be nuts!”. I know many of you might be thinking “Well that was Halo 2 and Halo 4 was many game mechanics that will make this nearly impossible”. Well let me tell you that’s just not true. While you do have more means to travel the maps quicker the maps are slightly bigger as a trade off so it’s essentially the same. Even if it was forced fully auto starts it would still be fun. I’ve been craving this hectic BTB on small map gameplay since Halo 2 went offline. The gameplay is so quick and frantic. It has the multi-team style flare but it’s a little more unique. With the removal of the ability to pick up nades off of dead bodies makes this idea perfect.

Please, I would just like to know if you agree or disagree and why. Don’t start name calling and flaming because you disagree or agree. So what do you guys and gals think yay or nay? Should Solace, Haven, & Adrift be in BTB?

I honestly disagree. Im really tired of remakes. Im okay for a few but I personally would want Halo 3 remakes since there has been none so far. I would not want to see Reach remakes at all. I want 343i to start fresh and make new maps for newer experiences. Those maps were great in their day but Im ready for something new. Thats my take on the matter.

We are all entitled to our own opinions.

> I honestly disagree. Im really tired of remakes. Im okay for a few but I personally would want Halo 3 remakes since there has been none so far. I would not want to see Reach remakes at all. I want 343i to start fresh and make new maps for newer experiences. Those maps were great in their day but Im ready for something new. Thats my take on the matter.
>
> We are all entitled to our own opinions.

You just absolutely did not read the OP at all.

I will reply to your actual comment saying that Halo 3 maps would be pointless to remake considering we can still play it online. Halo CE and Halo 2 maps aren’t playable online via xbox live.

Agreed.

There’s no reason they can’t be in BTB, just like there’s no reason some mid-big maps shouldn’t be in 4 vs 4. It adds to the variety of maps to play, and it makes for a completely different experience. Playing BTB on Longbow is sure to have a different feel than playing BTB on Haven. That’s a good thing. Bring on the chaos. Same with doing 4 vs 4 on mid-big maps, bring on the more room to run around in and slower gameplay. There’s no reason not to.

“Oh but then you won’t see people as often and the game will drag”

Who cares? As long as it’s a rare occurance, why not have the option? With the right gametype, it could be fun.

So yes, definitely agree.

Make Longbow, Exile, the remake, and any other possible or future BTB maps a higher ratio, but then when a smaller map comes up it’ll be fun for a change.

Haven is too small for BTB. That’s how I see it. Adrift…maybe. Adrift is a bit bigger than, say Countdown, and it has a lot of corridors to prevent being too open of space.
Not sure about Solace, and Longbow and Exile would be perfect for BTB

Haven is too small. The others can work, but not Haven.

They had BTB on small maps in reach for awhile like 8v8 on countdown.
The maps are bigger in halo 4 with everyone having sprint and a high base speed. However I think they are designed to work for both 4v4 slayer and being just big enough for btb too.

Solace and Adrift surely.

They are gigantic maps that would only suit 8v8 infantry play. Unfortunately, they’re treated like Condemned in Reach. A gigantic map that is/was called a small competitive 4v4 map. lol…

Haven on the other hand isn’t actually all that big. It could do with have sections removed to make it more focused but it isn’t exactly large. It’s a medium sized map.

Unfortunately, the days of having amazing maps like Warlock, Midship, Lockout, Damnation etc etc are long gone. Map designers these days cannot be bothered to release a quality product.

> > I honestly disagree. Im really tired of remakes. Im okay for a few but I personally would want Halo 3 remakes since there has been none so far. I would not want to see Reach remakes at all. I want 343i to start fresh and make new maps for newer experiences. Those maps were great in their day but Im ready for something new. Thats my take on the matter.
> >
> > We are all entitled to our own opinions.
>
> You just absolutely did not read the OP at all.

He definatly did not read the OP
OT: I never actually played halo 2 online, but that sounds like fun, I hate large maps when there’s no one to find and gets quite boring.

> Solace and Adrift surely.
>
> They are gigantic maps that would only suit 8v8 infantry play. Unfortunately, they’re treated like Condemned in Reach. A gigantic map that is/was called a small competitive 4v4 map. lol…
>
> Haven on the other hand isn’t actually all that big. It could do with have sections removed to make it more focused but it isn’t exactly large. It’s a medium sized map.
>
> Unfortunately, <mark>the days of having amazing maps like Warlock, Midship, Lockout, Damnation etc etc are long gone. Map designers these days cannot be bothered to release a quality product.</mark>

The sad part is… Arena maps like those are the easiest maps to make… Create a solid side then mirror and and you have a great map. Bungie and 343 both figured w/e those maps can be forged. While true it’s a horrible mindset. Forge maps become dull pretty quickly and the maps aren’t environmentally unique.

> Solace and Adrift surely.
>
> They are gigantic maps that would only suit 8v8 infantry play. Unfortunately, they’re treated like Condemned in Reach. A gigantic map that is/was called a small competitive 4v4 map. lol…
>
> Haven on the other hand isn’t actually all that big. It could do with have sections removed to make it more focused but it isn’t exactly large. It’s a medium sized map.
>
> Unfortunately, the days of having amazing maps like Warlock, Midship, Lockout, Damnation etc etc are long gone. Map designers these days cannot be bothered to release a quality product.

Well, it’s easy to say that considering the last game’s maps weren’t really tailored for competitive multiplayer. However, the ones for Halo 4 are shaping up nicely.

From what we’ve seen, I’d say these maps revealed so far look a lot better than anything in Reach for sure, and are probably gonna be as close to Halo 2 ones we’re gonna get. Most likely on par or slightly better with some of Halo 3’s better ones.

I remember the rush of 8v8 on Lockout as well. It was exhilarating. But those were the days, and nostalgia clouds our vision. It just wouldn’t work anymore.

> I remember the rush of 8v8 on Lockout as well. It was exhilarating. But those were the days, and nostalgia clouds our vision. It just wouldn’t work anymore.

I don’t really understand why it wouldn’t work with the new maps. It would have worked in Halo 3 and Reach… It’s not like it would be TOOOO crazy. It would be the perfect mix of insanity. It is set up in a way to nearly not work but that is only in a very very truely competitive mindset. This style gameplay is more catered to fun rather than competitive.

Game types on said maps
4V4 yes
5v5 yes
6v6 yes
8v8 Maybe
Im all for more Great BTB maps -and maybe those could work
But most good BTB maps have vehicles and those don’t - Not saying they cant work just unclear at this point in time…

> > I honestly disagree. Im really tired of remakes. Im okay for a few but I personally would want Halo 3 remakes since there has been none so far. I would not want to see Reach remakes at all. I want 343i to start fresh and make new maps for newer experiences. Those maps were great in their day but Im ready for something new. Thats my take on the matter.
> >
> > We are all entitled to our own opinions.
>
> You just absolutely did not read the OP at all.
>
>
> I will reply to your actual comment saying that Halo 3 maps would be pointless to remake considering we can still play it online. Halo CE and Halo 2 maps aren’t playable online via xbox live.

I apologize, im multitasking and missed some of that…my bad.

In this case, i would not mind seeing these maps in BTB.

> The sad part is… Arena maps like those are the easiest maps to make… Create a solid side then mirror and and you have a great map. Bungie and 343 both figured w/e those maps can be forged. While true it’s a horrible mindset. Forge maps become dull pretty quickly and the maps aren’t environmentally unique.

Actually, they’re really hard to make.

A lot harder then some stupid BTB map.

Movement, Lines of sight, weapon placement and many other factors have to be near perfect in a small arena map. For BTB you can just fart out a bare canyon…

> > The sad part is… Arena maps like those are the easiest maps to make… Create a solid side then mirror and and you have a great map. Bungie and 343 both figured w/e those maps can be forged. While true it’s a horrible mindset. Forge maps become dull pretty quickly and the maps aren’t environmentally unique.
>
> Actually, they’re really hard to make.
>
> A lot harder then some stupid BTB map.
>
> Movement, Lines of sight, weapon placement and many other factors have to be near perfect in a small arena map. For BTB you can just fart out a bare canyon…

You have nice intelligence and knowledge when it comes to small arena based maps. Why would you ruin that by completely jumping to an opposite extreme by saying BTB maps are easy?

> > The sad part is… Arena maps like those are the easiest maps to make… Create a solid side then mirror and and you have a great map. Bungie and 343 both figured w/e those maps can be forged. While true it’s a horrible mindset. Forge maps become dull pretty quickly and the maps aren’t environmentally unique.
>
> Actually, they’re really hard to make.
>
> A lot harder then some stupid BTB map.
>
> Movement, Lines of sight, weapon placement and many other factors have to be near perfect in a small arena map. For BTB you can just fart out a bare canyon…

I disagree. BTB maps can be just, if not more difficult, than smaller maps because you need to create that balance on a larger scale. Certain maps like Hemorrhage work only for nostalgic purposes, the map itself is imbalanced and too wide open. Better examples include avalanche, waterworks, containment as these maps work to the balance of weapon position, alternate routes and overall more balanced use for both gunplay and vehicles.

> > > The sad part is… Arena maps like those are the easiest maps to make… Create a solid side then mirror and and you have a great map. Bungie and 343 both figured w/e those maps can be forged. While true it’s a horrible mindset. Forge maps become dull pretty quickly and the maps aren’t environmentally unique.
> >
> > Actually, they’re really hard to make.
> >
> > A lot harder then some stupid BTB map.
> >
> > Movement, Lines of sight, weapon placement and many other factors have to be near perfect in a small arena map. For BTB you can just fart out a bare canyon…
>
> You have nice intelligence and knowledge when it comes to small arena based maps. Why would you ruin that by completely jumping to an opposite extreme by saying BTB maps are easy?

Because they are…

> Because they are…

Oh ok, my bad, didn’t realize you made so many BTB maps…or maps in general. Hadn’t recognized you worked for Bungie and now 343. That’s my mistake. Thanks for reassuring me and refuting my point by simply restating what you already said. Thank you.