Social Vs Ranked - Has 343 cracked the code?

We know very little about the competitive/ranked game modes right now. One thing we do know is grenade hitmarkers will be turned off which I think is excellent. This is speculation but based on how the weapons perform I think it is safe to say it will likely be BR starts too, that looks to be the flagship competitive weapon.

The social footage we saw featured AR/Pistol starts which is perfect for social. However, this never really worked too well on Reach/H3 because there were far too many precision weapons on the map meaning a player could get a continually fully stocked weapon and become a spawn trapping monster. I know they said the build is for flights only to allow players to test certain weapons (let’s be honest we all know they intend for rockets to be where the skewer is), but I’m hoping the standard weapon placement looks very similar. There didn’t appear to be too many precision weapons. Guardian did it well, you can have a nice fun social game on Guardian because there is one BR and one Carbine. Ammo feels very short on them due to no supplies anywhere on the map meaning you can’t flat out dominate with them like you can on a map like The Pit for example.

It would be good if the competitive settings can be readily available and recommended to players before they enter ranked to try against bots so they can see what different settings/placed weapons they are in for. This would help the transition for mainly social players to ranked.

I think overall the way they have said some things, what we have seen so far, this game is shaping up to be absolutely excellent.

> 2533274801036271;1:
> We know very little about the competitive/ranked game modes right now. One thing we do know is grenade hitmarkers will be turned off which I think is excellent. This is speculation but based on how the weapons perform I think it is safe to say it will likely be BR starts too, that looks to be the flagship competitive weapon.
>
> The social footage we saw featured AR/Pistol starts which is perfect for social. However, this never really worked too well on Reach/H3 because there were far too many precision weapons on the map meaning a player could get a continually fully stocked weapon and become a spawn trapping monster. I know they said the build is for flights only to allow players to test certain weapons (let’s be honest we all know they intend for rockets to be where the skewer is), but I’m hoping the standard weapon placement looks very similar. There didn’t appear to be too many precision weapons. Guardian did it well, you can have a nice fun social game on Guardian because there is one BR and one Carbine. Ammo feels very short on them due to no supplies anywhere on the map meaning you can’t flat out dominate with them like you can on a map like The Pit for example.
>
> It would be good if the competitive settings can be readily available and recommended to players before they enter ranked to try against bots so they can see what different settings/placed weapons they are in for. This would help the transition for mainly social players to ranked.
>
> I think overall the way they have said some things, what we have seen so far, this game is shaping up to be absolutely excellent.

Where did I miss that hit markers will be turned off? What is the source? It probably was buried in one of the blog posts.

> 2533274792737987;2:
> > 2533274801036271;1:
> >
>
> Where did I miss that hit markers will be turned off? What is the source? It probably was buried in one of the blog posts.

Quinn DelHoyo (lead sandbox designer) confirmed on Twitter.

> 2533274801036271;3:
> > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > 2533274801036271;1:
> > >
> >
> > Where did I miss that hit markers will be turned off? What is the source? It probably was buried in one of the blog posts.
>
> Quinn DelHoyo (lead sandbox designer) confirmed on Twitter.

That is great news. I find that this Halo has a nice blend of weapons. You mention precision weapons with Guardians however the DMR felt like it was not needed. Infinite weapons fill a specific role and are unique.

> 2533274792737987;4:
> > 2533274801036271;3:
> > > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > > 2533274801036271;1:
> > > >
>
> That is great news. I find that this Halo has a nice blend of weapons. You mention precision weapons with Guardians however the DMR felt like it was not needed. Infinite weapons fill a specific role and are unique.

Meant Guardian the map, there are two standard precision weapons on the whole map.

> 2533274801036271;5:
> > 2533274792737987;4:
> > > 2533274801036271;3:
> > > > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > > > 2533274801036271;1:
> > > > >
> >
> > That is great news. I find that this Halo has a nice blend of weapons. You mention precision weapons with Guardians however the DMR felt like it was not needed. Infinite weapons fill a specific role and are unique.
>
> Meant Guardian the map, there are two standard precision weapons on the whole map.

My bad. Skim reading got me haha. Heavy precision weapons add so much to tgameplay on those size maps. Map design however is insanely important when adding them.