social space in Halo Infinite

would like to hear other peoples thoughts on this, i think it would be neat if there was a neutral area to hang out when not actively participating in campaign or multiplayer, something like onboard the unsc infinity or something similar to what they’ve got in destiny, with maybe npc’s to interact with or just to hang out with other spartans. would beat just sitting in the menus listening to the same song on repeat.

You’re getting awfully Destiny-esque if you go this route. Not saying I don’t like the idea but I don’t think it really fits. I always think about CoD: WW2 and while that social space was cool for about the first week, it quickly got boring.

What would you be doing in the social space though? You could always open a custom game with your friends and screw around

I don’t really get social spaces. They are a cute bit of world building, but overall what’s the point?

I don’t really have an argument against them, but I’ve never really agreed with an argument for them. Ultimately I wouldn’t mind either way. It doesn’t really impact the game; and like I said. Its cute.

> 2533274882881665;4:
> I don’t really get social spaces. They are a cute bit of world building, but overall what’s the point?
>
> I don’t really have an argument against them, but I’ve never really agreed with an argument for them. Ultimately I wouldn’t mind either way. It doesn’t really impact the game; and like I said. Its cute.

Argument against them: creating them would take up valuable development time and resources that could be better spent on more useful things. In that sense, they do impact the game.

> 2533274904158628;5:
> > 2533274882881665;4:
> > I don’t really get social spaces. They are a cute bit of world building, but overall what’s the point?
> >
> > I don’t really have an argument against them, but I’ve never really agreed with an argument for them. Ultimately I wouldn’t mind either way. It doesn’t really impact the game; and like I said. Its cute.
>
> Argument against them: creating them would take up valuable development time and resources that could be better spent on more useful things. In that sense, they do impact the game.

I mean you can say that about anything. I have hypocritically said it about anything here on Waypoint. It’s kind of a moot point.

I don’t like sprint because it takes up valuable dev time and resources that could be better spent on more useful things.
I don’t like cover art because it takes up valuable dev time and resources that could be better spent on more useful things.
I don’t like sleep, because it takes up valuable time and resources that could be better spent on more useful things.

It’s like the antithesis of “I just think it’s kinda neat”, which can also be said about all the same things but is also kind of a moot point.
You get where I’m coming from?

> 2533274882881665;6:
> I mean you can say that about anything. I have hypocritically said it about anything here on Waypoint. It’s kind of a moot point.
>
> I don’t like sprint because it takes up valuable dev time and resources that could be better spent on more useful things.
> I don’t like cover art because it takes up valuable dev time and resources that could be better spent on more useful things.
> I don’t like sleep, because it takes up valuable time and resources that could be better spent on more useful things.
>
> It’s like the antithesis of “I just think it’s kinda neat”, which can also be said about all the same things but is also kinda moot.
> You get where I’m coming from?

I think so, but I only brought up the “time and resources” argument specifically because you mentioned having a take-it-or-leave-it “what’s the point” attitude towards a social space. I wouldn’t make that argument about things that we both agree are useful and necessary, like cover art, or sleep. We can discuss the merits of having a social space if you want, but I would only make the “time and resources” argument after it is agreed that the game would be perfectly fine without it.

Yeah I have zero interest in such a thing. If I want to hang out with my friends only, I’ll do it in a customs game, go to party chat etc. I find these “social spaces” or “neutral areas” or whatever you want to call them, a complete waste of time.

Social spaces are a cool idea, but Halo doesn’t share quite the same level of shared world experience as something like Destiny. Call of Duty WW2 had a completely worthless social space that was a ghost town more often than not. What’s worse, for a while, you were forced to enter said social space before you could que up matchmaking. So instead of just waiting for one load screen, you’d have to look at two. So yeah, put me in the same camp as Nate: a hypothetical Infinite social space might be neat, but it wouldn’t be worth the time and resource allocated to its creation.

nah, they really have no purpose besides “look at me” which no one really does

Nah I don’t think it’s necessary for Halo. It worked for Destiny because you had to use it to find merchants to get gear, but without that it’s pretty pointless.

Destiny: Halo Edition

There is no reason for a soial space

> 2535424101841705;1:
> would like to hear other peoples thoughts on this, i think it would be neat if there was a neutral area to hang out when not actively participating in campaign or multiplayer, something like onboard the unsc infinity or something similar to what they’ve got in destiny, with maybe npc’s to interact with or just to hang out with other spartans. would beat just sitting in the menus listening to the same song on repeat.

I like your thought process, but I dont think a “Destiny-esk” type social space would fit Halo. But having a way to really show off your Spartan would be cool. Personally I liked the route that was being somewhat touched on in the Halo 5 beta, giving personality to the Spartans in the post game celebration screen. I thought being able to customize the personality of your Spartan with celebratory emotes would be awesome.

Maybe even have an animation of your party climbing in to a pelican prior to your match starting so that you can see your whole fireteam. Then when a match is found or is starting your pelican takes off and takes you to the map where you disembark. But while you are in the pelican you can do universe fitting emotes to your fireteam or something, or even customize how your spartan sits. Whatever you can do to make your multiplayer Spartan reflect yourself. Keep in mind, I dont want the route of Doom, or COD BLOPS where people are doing crazy dances or something. I’m talking emotes that are universe fitting.

I think this kind of meets what you are saying in the middle.

Like a hub world? That would be interesting but I think custom games are already that.

Wouldn’t really fit into a game like Halo, imo.

It’s a good idea, for a future Destiny-style Halo game. In Halo Infinite I really don’t see how they could implement it.

A lot of people are thinking about a destiny or COD WWII style social area, but heres my idea. If you’ve ever played doom eternal, you know about the fortress of doom. Its a cool hangout spot, some nice easter eggs, collectible viewers, and the ripatorium even though that still needs fixing. I think instead of the always online, laggy social area filled with randos, it should be Chiefs hangout area, full of easter eggs and little things to do.

If it happens, this is my wishlist for this area:
Easter eggs
Halo Minigames
Halo soundtrack player
Halo minigame (think something like dead ops arcade)
Instant mini arena for you and a friend to jump into without having to set up a full match

Of course youd have to be able to launch missions or multiplayer from this area, otherwise it would be tiresome to keep switching menus. It’d just be an area for you and your friends to mess around in, and then jump right into MP or campaign from there.

Yes I know I’m late to this thread but I just thought I’d share :slight_smile:

This is a shooter, not an mmo. No social space, thats what parties are for

There already is a social space.

Pre-game lobby.

> 2535433024916972;17:
> A lot of people are thinking about a destiny or COD WWII style social area, but heres my idea. If you’ve ever played doom eternal, you know about the fortress of doom. Its a cool hangout spot, some nice easter eggs, collectible viewers, and the ripatorium even though that still needs fixing. I think instead of the always online, laggy social area filled with randos, it should be Chiefs hangout area, full of easter eggs and little things to do.
>
> If it happens, this is my wishlist for this area:
> Easter eggs
> Halo Minigames
> Halo soundtrack player
> Halo minigame (think something like dead ops arcade)
> Instant mini arena for you and a friend to jump into without having to set up a full match
>
> Of course youd have to be able to launch missions or multiplayer from this area, otherwise it would be tiresome to keep switching menus. It’d just be an area for you and your friends to mess around in, and then jump right into MP or campaign from there.
>
> Yes I know I’m late to this thread but I just thought I’d share :slight_smile:

they should let you create suits and let you have them up on display to just admire and decorate your “bat cave”. if you want to change into your favourie suit then one way is to just walk up to it.