Social Playlists

It’s been almost 10 months since Halo 5 launched and we’ve had great additions along the way. New maps, modes, armour, REQs, etc. However, there’s still something lacking and it’s something massive. Social playlists.

I know what you might say. “We already have social playlists.” Cool. That’s nice. However, I want social, unranked versions of Slayer and Team Arena. It’s been 10 months and we still don’t have those and, at least to me, Social Slayer and Social Arena seem like the absolute basics.

Yeah, I’m glad we have Infection, Grifball, BTB, the rotational playlist and now Breakout as unranked playlists. But none of those game modes are based around standard Arena gametypes. BTB and Slayer/Team Arena have a completely different feel to each other, so it’s a lot harder to warm up to play competitive. When you want to relax and play just Slayer on your own, you can’t. You have to join a ranked playlist because Social Slayer doesn’t exist in Halo 5.

I seriously hope that the lack of Social Slayer and Social Arena will be addressed in the next update. I couldn’t care less about skins or new Warzone REQs. I want to play a nice relaxing game of Slayer, Strongholds or CTF.

I’d love a casual Team Arena or Slayer playlist. Hopefully Tyrant and all of the Arena maps will make an appearence, along with some community made maps as well…

> 2533274976607648;2:
> I’d love a casual Team Arena or Slayer playlist. Hopefully Tyrant and all of the Arena maps will make an appearence, along with some community made maps as well…

Community made maps in matchmaking would be fantastic. So many maps are outstanding, but barely played because they’re confined to customs.

> 2628440139668401;1:
> I seriously hope that the lack of Social Slayer and Social Arena will be addressed in the next update.

Social Slayer, definitely! But I sincerely doubt we will ever see a social version of Team Arena. It is essentially the Halo 5 version of the old MLG playlist from Halo 3. The very nature of the game types would seem to preclude a social version. I could see the distinct possibility of a Social Objective playlist, though.

> 2542657289632179;4:
> > 2628440139668401;1:
> > I seriously hope that the lack of Social Slayer and Social Arena will be addressed in the next update.
>
>
> Social Slayer, definitely! But I sincerely doubt we will ever see a social version of Team Arena. It is essentially the Halo 5 version of the old MLG playlist from Halo 3. The very nature of the game types would seem to preclude a social version. I could see the distinct possibility of a Social Objective playlist, though.

Yeah, I guess that would make more sense. Maybe even just gametypes on their own too, e.g. Social Assault or Social Strongholds, kind of like what there was in the H5 Beta.

As much as I would love to see social, it would be in vain. Many try hards would flood the lobbies and just farm kills. It’s happened before and no doubt would happen again.

The only way 343i could counter this would be to not have any stats or kills recorded or added to one’s service record.

Believe me, I want social playlists to return desperately as well. But the current competitive nature of Halo 5 would sabotage it, no doubt.