Social playlists are dubbed "competitive" playlists

Why? It has no real competitive aspects to it, no incentive to climb in rank since it doesn’t exist (credits aren’t rank), you can even bring a guest in. So Why is the entire social play list dubbed as “competitive”. Its very misleading and just irritates me because i, like many others have been waiting and begging for real, more diverse competitive/ranked play list.

We used to have an incredibly diverse set of play lists in both Competitive and Social games in past halos. Why cant we have both now? not just 99% social play lists, and 1% ranked play list like it is in reach now. Its ridiculous.

All i hear people say is this " We cant have more competitive arena play lists because their isn’t enough population to support it"

If that were the case, the dev’s for halo 3 should go back to halo 3 and make their current diverse ranked play lists into one sharty play list called “arena 4v4 slayer”

Honestly this TU better bring a gaming environment that suits all the REAL competitive players. We already have very diverse SOCIAL play lists, its time to balance that out with equally diverse COMPETITIVE play lists.

/end rant

For Bungie even the biggest just-for-fun gametype is “competitive”…

yes, it seems like every game type claims to be competitive when its not.

I’m always playing against noobs in these “competitive” play lists. Without a proper skill system to match people up this game is bland.

Its considered competitive because two or more groups via for victory in whatever game they have decided to play,this is not to be confused with a ranked competition which assigns a value to ones achievment as compared to others that play the same playlist.

> Its considered competitive because two or more groups via for victory in whatever game they have decided to play,this is not to be confused with a ranked competition which assigns a value to ones achievment as compared to others that play the same playlist.

It doesn’t even need to be ranked to be “competitive”; it just needs to match true skill tighter than + or - 49 levels (out of 50).

> > Its considered competitive because two or more groups via for victory in whatever game they have decided to play,this is not to be confused with a ranked competition which assigns a value to ones achievment as compared to others that play the same playlist.
>
> It doesn’t even need to be ranked to be “competitive”; it just needs to match true skill tighter than + or - 49 levels (out of 50).

Would you be in favor of this if the result was longer wait times for games and that would assume that those games would be of untarnishible quality.Ive been told there are ways to trick the 1-50 system with “deranking”,my point being that there many systems and all will be manipulated and flawed in some way.

All of the playlists under “Competitive” are technically competitive, however just not to the severity of playlists like Arena and MLG. They’re not under the same idea of the “competitive” playlists seen in Halo 3, however they’re still competitive.

But nevertheless, I agree. There needs to be a more distinction between social and more competitive playlists. Perhaps this will happen with the November 15th update. In the meantime, try posting your concerns in one of the numerous Feedback threads.

> Would you be in favor of this if the result was longer wait times for games and that would assume that those games would be of untarnishible quality.Ive been told there are ways to trick the 1-50 system with “deranking”,my point being that there many systems and all will be manipulated and flawed in some way.

Uh, yes. It takes 30 seconds to find a game; I never had a problem waiting 1, 2 or, dare I say, even 3 minutes for a match. And “deranking” is about boosting easy 50’s, no one deranked to enhance the quality of their games. And at what point did we talk about any manipulation anyway? All I’m asking is that matches have a tighter trueskill system. Instead of ± 49, maybe ± 20. H3 Ranked was ±5 at the most, and even then anyone who a “quality” match was important to, didn’t care about waiting a few minutes. Reachtards just want to fly around with their jetpack and shoot people, they don’t care if they’re facing "50"s or 4 guests. But there is still the 10% of us who actually care about HOW the game, it’s mechanics, and it’s systems function.

> > Would you be in favor of this if the result was longer wait times for games and that would assume that those games would be of untarnishible quality.Ive been told there are ways to trick the 1-50 system with “deranking”,my point being that there many systems and all will be manipulated and flawed in some way.
>
> Uh, yes. It takes 30 seconds to find a game; I never had a problem waiting 1, 2 or, dare I say, even 3 minutes for a match. And “deranking” is about boosting easy 50’s, no one deranked to enhance the quality of their games. And at what point did we talk about any manipulation anyway? All I’m asking is that matches have a tighter trueskill system. Instead of ± 49, maybe ± 20. H3 Ranked was ±5 at the most, and even then anyone who a “quality” match was important to, didn’t care about waiting a few minutes. Reachtards just want to fly around with their jetpack and shoot people, they don’t care if they’re facing "50"s or 4 guests. But there is still the 10% of us who actually care about HOW the game, it’s mechanics, and it’s systems function.

The majority would care if the average search times were around 3 minutes for MM,me included.You are correct that we did not discuss manipulation,I brought it up to demonstrate that even with the 1-50 ranking,you are not insured a quality match based on a ranking system.If as you suggest there are 10% that care about quality of play,then I would say that arena and MLG represent your portion of the communitys say in what you desire in a playlist.I noticed that you are a fellow gramarian so I think you might be interested in this.

Threetard noun:One who dislikes the enjoyment of a newer version of the same video game that they played.Threetards will often play the same game that they supposedly hate just as much as players that love it without much of an explanation for their hypocrisy.

What do you think,wikipedia worthy?

we all miss competitive playlists. I love bungie and all but they tried to fix something that wasn’t broken and screwed up.

> The majority would care if the average search times were around 3 minutes for MM,me included.You are correct that we did not discuss manipulation,I brought it up to demonstrate that even with the 1-50 ranking,you are not insured a quality match based on a ranking system.If as you suggest there are 10% that care about quality of play,then I would say that arena and MLG represent your portion of the communitys say in what you desire in a playlist.I noticed that you are a fellow gramarian so I think you might be interested in this.
>
> Threetard noun:One who dislikes the enjoyment of a newer version of the same video game that they played.Threetards will often play the same game that they supposedly hate just as much as players that love it without much of an explanation for their hypocrisy.
>
>
> What do you think,wikipedia worthy?

Yes I am aware the majority doesn’t care, that’s why I said 10% care. And I never said the 1-50 was flawless, I believe far from it actually. It’s not even 1-50 I am looking for anyway, just quality matches, while still gaining credits and all the other benefits MM has over customs as well. And yes, I was including the Arena and MLG population. And even though we are maybe 10% of the population, that’s still probably 20,000 players who feel that their say means nothing. And those 20,000 being a large part of the die hard Halo fans. In regards to Reach as whole, as long as Bungie put the Halo title on it they would have made just as many sales and they did, even if they made it the most competitive Halo yet. I’m pretty sure they don’t make any money off of daily players, so all they did was tarnish their rep with a significant number of the community for a couple extra bucks. But this is going off into quite an indepth tangent that I don’t feel like getting into, so I will stop there.

And meh on “Threetard”. Primarily because most “Reach Bashers” weren’t too fond of H3 either. I personally prefer Halo 3’s game mechanics, but Reach’s netcode, Population, Graphics, and relevancy are important factors in the situation, for myself at least. I’ve played 10,000 games of H3, and while I think it’s a better game, it’s not so much unbelievably better to the point where It’d over power the aforementioned factors. H2 on the other hand, it wasn’t until it got shut offline that I learned all the amazingness that is H2; if it had XBL servers, I would play it over Reach, even with a low population.

Also, excluding H3 because of it’s outdated and overplayed, Reach is the primary competitive-Halo-player’s available option. Many of us do not like CoD, nor GoW, or at least not enough to play them religiously. Reach is a great game whencompared to every other XBL Mulitplayers available, but it is still very subpar, in regards to competitive merit at least, when compared to it’s predecessors.

> > The majority would care if the average search times were around 3 minutes for MM,me included.You are correct that we did not discuss manipulation,I brought it up to demonstrate that even with the 1-50 ranking,you are not insured a quality match based on a ranking system.If as you suggest there are 10% that care about quality of play,then I would say that arena and MLG represent your portion of the communitys say in what you desire in a playlist.I noticed that you are a fellow gramarian so I think you might be interested in this.
> >
> > Threetard noun:One who dislikes the enjoyment of a newer version of the same video game that they played.Threetards will often play the same game that they supposedly hate just as much as players that love it without much of an explanation for their hypocrisy.
> >
> >
> > What do you think,wikipedia worthy?
>
> Yes I am aware the majority doesn’t care, that’s why I said 10% care. And I never said the 1-50 was flawless, I believe far from it actually. It’s not even 1-50 I am looking for anyway, just quality matches, while still gaining credits and all the other benefits MM has over customs as well. And yes, I was including the Arena and MLG population. And even though we are maybe 10% of the population, that’s still probably 20,000 players who feel that their say means nothing. And those 20,000 being a large part of the die hard Halo fans. In regards to Reach as whole, as long as Bungie put the Halo title on it they would have made just as many sales and they did, even if they made it the most competitive Halo yet. I’m pretty sure they don’t make any money off of daily players, so all they did was tarnish their rep with a significant number of the community for a couple extra bucks. But this is going off into quite an indepth tangent that I don’t feel like getting into, so I will stop there.
>
> And meh on “Threetard”. Primarily because most “Reach Bashers” weren’t too fond of H3 either. I personally prefer Halo 3’s game mechanics, but Reach’s netcode, Population, Graphics, and relevancy are important factors in the situation, for myself at least. I’ve played 10,000 games of H3, and while I think it’s a better game, it’s not so much unbelievably better to the point where It’d over power the aforementioned factors. H2 on the other hand, it wasn’t until it got shut offline that I learned all the amazingness that is H2; if it had XBL servers, I would play it over Reach, even with a low population.
>
> Also, excluding H3 because of it’s outdated and overplayed, Reach is the primary competitive-Halo-player’s available option. Many of us do not like CoD, nor GoW, or at least not enough to play them religiously. Reach is a great game whencompared to every other XBL Mulitplayers available, but it is still very subpar, in regards to competitive merit at least, when compared to it’s predecessors.

I have good and bad news for you,first the good news is your better by a huge margin than most players,now the bad news,you will most likely never be able to have consistently quality matches due to that level of skill(I know bummer).As far as sales Im not willing to make assertions reguarding what could have been,all of them did well in the sales department,reach included and reach faced much stiffer competition.People that bash reach by far sight 3 as the barometer for perfection in Halo thus Threetard(you know thats way more funny than reachtard).Reach is a great game,great compared to other frachises,great as compared to other Halos,its all a matter of preferance.