social = more players?

Can someone please explain to me the logic behind adding more players on every social playlist? I don’t care how the old games were, Halo 5 was very clearly made for 8 players NOT 10. All this does is make it more chaotic and hard and neither of those are things I want in a social playlist.

All they’ve literally done to the “social” playlists is add more players and hide ranks so it’s still far from being “social”. It has been proved that in the social playlists, the rankings still exist and stats are still recorded in profiles…“social” is purely a myth on Halo5.

I agree there is always that one guy to finish you off after a good kill feed.

On maps like Regret and Truth, where the maps are small enough even with 4v4, it just seems chaotic, it seems you cannot go anywhere without meeting 2 or 3 players on the opposing team. I played an assault match on Truth and Regret (not played social slayer on either of these 2 maps yet) and there were more chaos than in a game of Titanfall.

> 2728296738561752;2:
> All they’ve literally done to the “social” playlists is add more players and hide ranks so it’s still far from being “social”. It has been proved that in the social playlists, the rankings still exist and stats are still recorded in profiles…“social” is purely a myth on Halo5.

Non-ranked Halo play lists (with the exception of the first few months of MCC?) have always had hidden ranks. Skill-based matchmaking requires an assessment of skills, which is what ranks are. Halo has always used skill-based matchmaking, even Halo 3 social play lists, everyone’s apparent sacred cow. They were ranked. You couldn’t see the rank, but it was there just the same.

They also added the ability to join in progress which i like. But yeah 5v5 is so stupid. If its 5v5 put it on btb maps

The spawning is terrible enough with 4v4. 5v5 is almost unplayable. Especially with the large amount of small arena maps.

I love 5 v 5 for social but there are so many good maps out there better suited. The pit has been around for months and is fantastic yet still nowhere.