Social 5v5

Why are all social play lists in Halo 5 5v5 instead of 4v4? Why does social translate to more players? I really hate it, the maps are to small for 10 players at once. I don’t care how the old games were.

Agreed, I understand why they do it but just keep it 4v4. It was always 4v4 for Social until Halo 4.

> 2698138705344747;2:
> Agreed, I understand why they do it but just keep it 4v4. It was always 4v4 for Social until Halo 4.

No it wasn’t, it’s been 5v5 since Halo 3.

> 2698138705344747;2:
> Agreed, I understand why they do it but just keep it 4v4. It was always 4v4 for Social until Halo 4.

You aren’t correct social has always been 5 v 5. It’s tradition.

I love the 5 v 5. It’s chaos and it levels the playing field.

The issue with 5v5 is literally all of these Arena maps were designed with 4v4 in mind. At some point you have to look at tradition and ignore it and do what’s best for Halo 5: Guardians.

Halo 3 had maps of all sizes in its Social playlists, allowing for 5v5 but a lot of Halo 5’s maps are simply too crowded with 10 players.

> 2533274813061580;6:
> The issue with 5v5 is literally all of these Arena maps were designed with 4v4 in mind. At some point you have to look at tradition and ignore it and do what’s best for Halo 5: Guardians.
>
> Halo 3 had maps of all sizes in its Social playlists, allowing for 5v5 but a lot of Halo 5’s maps are simply too crowded with 10 players.

Then they should add some of the community maps in…more map variety is never unwelcome and I’m sure the forgers have created some amazing new and remade maps by now. Social is about fun and a little chaos is more fun imo.

I just wish they kept them permanent instead of weekly

> 2533274880633045;7:
> > 2533274813061580;6:
> > The issue with 5v5 is literally all of these Arena maps were designed with 4v4 in mind. At some point you have to look at tradition and ignore it and do what’s best for Halo 5: Guardians.
> >
> > Halo 3 had maps of all sizes in its Social playlists, allowing for 5v5 but a lot of Halo 5’s maps are simply too crowded with 10 players.
>
>
> Then they should add some of the community maps in…more map variety is never unwelcome and I’m sure the forgers have created some amazing new and remade maps by now. Social is about fun and a little chaos is more fun imo.

And I’m sure they will, in time. To my knowledge, they’re currently collecting BTB maps and testing them for implementation into matchmaking. But until then, the playlist should be 4v4 because while Social is meant to be chaotic, this is chaotic for all the wrong reasons.

> 2533274813061580;6:
> The issue with 5v5 is literally all of these Arena maps were designed with 4v4 in mind. At some point you have to look at tradition and ignore it and do what’s best for Halo 5: Guardians.
>
> Halo 3 had maps of all sizes in its Social playlists, allowing for 5v5 but a lot of Halo 5’s maps are simply too crowded with 10 players.

Exactly this. I enjoy Social to an extent, but the extra 2 players just makes it a bunch of nonsense spawns. It should be 4v4, just no ranks and maybe some more whacky modes like Fiesta and such. I really don’t get how 5v5 makes it social. It just turns the game into a giant cluster luck.

I agree… yeah some throw that word of tradition out there but there are a lot of traditions that aren’t done any more. The majority of these maps are to small for ten players. The social playlist would play better with only 8 players.

> 2533274813061580;6:
>

All of this. Tried to jump into Fiesta earlier and really, really wanted to like it. But getting fuel rodded within 5 seconds of spawning each time because these tiny maps are so crowded, got old mighty quick.

> 2533274961806222;12:
> > 2533274813061580;6:
> > The issue with 5v5 is literally all of these Arena maps were designed with 4v4 in mind. At some point you have to look at tradition and ignore it and do what’s best for Halo 5: Guardians.
> >
> > Halo 3 had maps of all sizes in its Social playlists, allowing for 5v5 but a lot of Halo 5’s maps are simply too crowded with 10 players.
>
>
> All of this. Tried to jump into Fiesta earlier and really, really wanted to like it. But getting fuel rodded within 5 seconds of spawning each time because these tiny maps are so crowded, got old mighty quick.

Compared to h3 maps like high ground and the pit, h5s maps feel so much smaller lol.