So you know

A lot of people on here probably now I have complained about the low ammo capacity in Halo 4 and Halo 5. I know Halo 5 is not on Master Chief collection but I didn’t exactly know where to post this so my question is do you all want the ammo capacity to be more realistic because we have weapons in reality that can hold as much ammo maybe more like some of the weapons in the Halo games now the amount of extra we’re able to carry might be a little unrealistic but this is a fantasy game so things are going to be unrealistic

Exactly my thoughts. People trying to inject realism into Halo are confusing to me. It’s science fiction. It doesn’t have to be realistic. It can be GROUNDED in reality much like the original trilogy was, but doesn’t have to follow real-world rules and/or laws of physics.

If I can Flip an elephant I should be able to Carry 8 Extra Spare Rockets

I don’t care about realism or the fantasy elements….I’d rather it just be balanced enough to where I have to make actual decisions on what weapon I want to use.

I don’t really find it incredibly fun to have 50 rockets or sniper rounds that I can fire off meaninglessly in Campaign. It’s just boring and makes gameplay mind numbing.
If the bandana skull is in the game for unlimited ammo, great people who want that experience can have it.

For Multiplayer ammo balance is even more essential than it is in Campaign. I don’t want opposing team to dominate me with a rocket launcher all match because they have a tonne of ammo.

> 2533274865778947;4:
> For Multiplayer ammo balance is even more essential than it is in Campaign. I don’t want opposing team to dominate me with a rocket launcher all match because they have a tonne of ammo.

Case in point, encountering someone with The Answer in a game of Action Sack.

> 2535428779736382;3:
> If I can Flip an elephant I should be able to Carry 8 Extra Spare Rockets

100% true.

> 2533274865778947;4:
> I don’t care about realism or the fantasy elements….I’d rather it just be balanced enough to where I have to make actual decisions on what weapon I want to use.
>
> I don’t really find it incredibly fun to have 50 rockets or sniper rounds that I can fire off meaninglessly in Campaign. It’s just boring and makes gameplay mind numbing.
> If the bandana skull is in the game for unlimited ammo, great people who want that experience can have it.
>
> For Multiplayer ammo balance is even more essential than it is in Campaign. I don’t want opposing team to dominate me with a rocket launcher all match because they have a tonne of ammo.

Yeah well I don’t buy the game for multiplayer I buy it for the campaign in other words the actual story line I was playing games before multiplayer existed and frankly I think multiplayer decides how much ammo the weapons can carry a little too much if you want to carry a gun with eight shots and one extra mag and multiplayer fine but in campaign the weapons or player need to be able to carry a little more ammo than that unless it’s survival horror game which Halo is not it’s a fast-paced action shooter or at least it’s supposed to be also the ammo we can carry in multiplayer vs campaign can be different if the code is written right

> 2533274845153375;7:
> > 2533274865778947;4:
> > I don’t care about realism or the fantasy elements….I’d rather it just be balanced enough to where I have to make actual decisions on what weapon I want to use.
> >
> > I don’t really find it incredibly fun to have 50 rockets or sniper rounds that I can fire off meaninglessly in Campaign. It’s just boring and makes gameplay mind numbing.
> > If the bandana skull is in the game for unlimited ammo, great people who want that experience can have it.
> >
> > For Multiplayer ammo balance is even more essential than it is in Campaign. I don’t want opposing team to dominate me with a rocket launcher all match because they have a tonne of ammo.
>
> Yeah well I don’t buy the game for multiplayer I buy it for the campaign in other words the actual story line I was playing games before multiplayer existed and frankly I think multiplayer decides how much ammo the weapons can carry a little too much if you want to carry a gun with eight shots and one extra mag and multiplayer fine but in campaign the weapons or player need to be able to carry a little more ammo than that unless it’s survival horror game which Halo is not it’s a fast-paced action shooter or at least it’s supposed to be also the ammo we can carry in multiplayer vs campaign can be different if the code is written right

I don’t think it’s a matter of the “code being written right”. Differentiating Campaign & MP ammo counts isn’t a particular hard thing to do. There have even been mission in Halo that have given you more ammo for weapons than you’d expect, Truth & Reconciliation & Nightfall to name a few.
The devs have the option to give you more ammo if they think it’s needed.

However have you ever thought about why they don’t give you the extra ammo instead of just being annoyed that it’s not there? There’s very simple reasoning for that gameplay decision. Balance & Challenge, I’m talking strictly Campaign here too.
So that you’re not overpowered and the game actually provides a relevant challenge to you.

Multiplayer doesn’t really dictate ammo count as much as you think, you’re also completely disregarding the entire point of having to actually make gameplay decisions because you don’t have loads of ammo for a weapon.

Halo has always been a game about using different weapons because of their effectiveness against different enemy types. Having a super high ammo count for a weapon means you’re just going to spam that weapon and never actually use anything else because you’re not made to do so.

Ammo really doesn’t need changing, I’ve never understood any logic behind this subject.
If you’ve ran out of ammo, pick up a different weapon or find more ammo for the one you had. It’s really that simple.
You want infinite ammo? Turn on the bandana skull if it’s available for the game you’re playing.

> 2533274865778947;8:
> > 2533274845153375;7:
> > > 2533274865778947;4:
> > > I don’t care about realism or the fantasy elements….I’d rather it just be balanced enough to where I have to make actual decisions on what weapon I want to use.
> > >
> > > I don’t really find it incredibly fun to have 50 rockets or sniper rounds that I can fire off meaninglessly in Campaign. It’s just boring and makes gameplay mind numbing.
> > > If the bandana skull is in the game for unlimited ammo, great people who want that experience can have it.
> > >
> > > For Multiplayer ammo balance is even more essential than it is in Campaign. I don’t want opposing team to dominate me with a rocket launcher all match because they have a tonne of ammo.
> >
> > Yeah well I don’t buy the game for multiplayer I buy it for the campaign in other words the actual story line I was playing games before multiplayer existed and frankly I think multiplayer decides how much ammo the weapons can carry a little too much if you want to carry a gun with eight shots and one extra mag and multiplayer fine but in campaign the weapons or player need to be able to carry a little more ammo than that unless it’s survival horror game which Halo is not it’s a fast-paced action shooter or at least it’s supposed to be also the ammo we can carry in multiplayer vs campaign can be different if the code is written right
>
> I don’t think it’s a matter of the “code being written right”. Differentiating Campaign & MP ammo counts isn’t a particular hard thing to do. There have even been mission in Halo that have given you more ammo for weapons than you’d expect, Truth & Reconciliation & Nightfall to name a few.
> The devs have the option to give you more ammo if they think it’s needed.
>
> However have you ever thought about why they don’t give you the extra ammo instead of just being annoyed that it’s not there? There’s very simple reasoning for that gameplay decision. Balance & Challenge, I’m talking strictly Campaign here too.
> So that you’re not overpowered and the game actually provides a relevant challenge to you.
>
> Multiplayer doesn’t really dictate ammo count as much as you think, you’re also completely disregarding the entire point of having to actually make gameplay decisions because you don’t have loads of ammo for a weapon.
>
> Halo has always been a game about using different weapons because of their effectiveness against different enemy types. Having a super high ammo count for a weapon means you’re just going to spam that weapon and never actually use anything else because you’re not made to do so.
>
> Ammo really doesn’t need changing, I’ve never understood any logic behind this subject.
> If you’ve ran out of ammo, pick up a different weapon or find more ammo for the one you had. It’s really that simple.
> You want infinite ammo? Turn on the bandana skull if it’s available for the game you’re playing.

I’ve used different weapon against enemies even when I had a crap ton of ammo plus having to pick up a new weapon constantly at least three or four times during a single encounter gets pretty annoying and like someone stated in a post above if you can flip a scorpion tank then you should be able to carry eight rockets for the rocket launcher and you’re wrong multiplayer dictates ammo account a whole lot more than you think it does you remember Halo CE right well that game actually gave you an effective amount of ammo and the game was fun

Hmmm… Don’t know if you can really use the realistic argument in a futuristic sci-fi shooter… I think limiting ammo is a way of making the game a little more challenging.

> 2533274816788253;10:
> Hmmm… Don’t know if you can really use the realistic argument in a futuristic sci-fi shooter… I think limiting ammo is a way of making the game a little more challenging.

Yes but limiting it too much makes it annoying I say ammo at least needs to be taken back to Halo 3 levels what do you think

> 2533274845153375;9:
> > 2533274865778947;8:
> > > 2533274845153375;7:
> > > > 2533274865778947;4:
> > > > I don’t care about realism or the fantasy elements….I’d rather it just be balanced enough to where I have to make actual decisions on what weapon I want to use.
> > > >
> > > > I don’t really find it incredibly fun to have 50 rockets or sniper rounds that I can fire off meaninglessly in Campaign. It’s just boring and makes gameplay mind numbing.
> > > > If the bandana skull is in the game for unlimited ammo, great people who want that experience can have it.
> > > >
> > > > For Multiplayer ammo balance is even more essential than it is in Campaign. I don’t want opposing team to dominate me with a rocket launcher all match because they have a tonne of ammo.
> > >
> > > Yeah well I don’t buy the game for multiplayer I buy it for the campaign in other words the actual story line I was playing games before multiplayer existed and frankly I think multiplayer decides how much ammo the weapons can carry a little too much if you want to carry a gun with eight shots and one extra mag and multiplayer fine but in campaign the weapons or player need to be able to carry a little more ammo than that unless it’s survival horror game which Halo is not it’s a fast-paced action shooter or at least it’s supposed to be also the ammo we can carry in multiplayer vs campaign can be different if the code is written right
> >
> > I don’t think it’s a matter of the “code being written right”. Differentiating Campaign & MP ammo counts isn’t a particular hard thing to do. There have even been mission in Halo that have given you more ammo for weapons than you’d expect, Truth & Reconciliation & Nightfall to name a few.
> > The devs have the option to give you more ammo if they think it’s needed.
> >
> > However have you ever thought about why they don’t give you the extra ammo instead of just being annoyed that it’s not there? There’s very simple reasoning for that gameplay decision. Balance & Challenge, I’m talking strictly Campaign here too.
> > So that you’re not overpowered and the game actually provides a relevant challenge to you.
> >
> > Multiplayer doesn’t really dictate ammo count as much as you think, you’re also completely disregarding the entire point of having to actually make gameplay decisions because you don’t have loads of ammo for a weapon.
> >
> > Halo has always been a game about using different weapons because of their effectiveness against different enemy types. Having a super high ammo count for a weapon means you’re just going to spam that weapon and never actually use anything else because you’re not made to do so.
> >
> > Ammo really doesn’t need changing, I’ve never understood any logic behind this subject.
> > If you’ve ran out of ammo, pick up a different weapon or find more ammo for the one you had. It’s really that simple.
> > You want infinite ammo? Turn on the bandana skull if it’s available for the game you’re playing.
>
> I’ve used different weapon against enemies even when I had a crap ton of ammo plus having to pick up a new weapon constantly at least three or four times during a single encounter gets pretty annoying and like someone stated in a post above if you can flip a scorpion tank then you should be able to carry eight rockets for the rocket launcher and you’re wrong multiplayer dictates ammo account a whole lot more than you think it does you remember Halo CE right well that game actually gave you an effective amount of ammo and the game was fun

I don’t think using CE is a good example for multiplayer, that game releases before multiplayer games were fully fleshed out and balanced. I think a game that falls in line with Halo 3 and onwards is probably a better example.

Once again, this isn’t about lore. It doesn’t matter if you can flip over a elephant, it’s not relevant to ammo at all. You’re talking about a game mechanic to make vehicles accessible vs the amount of ammunition you can carry, they’re not comparable.
If you want Halo to be lore accurate the game would be unplayable and nothing like the game you’ve spent years enjoying.

No one is forcing you to pick up three, four different weapons either. I don’t know if we’re playing the same Halo game here but there is genuinely little need to pick up a new gun after every kill unless you’re literally missing every shot. In which case there isn’t a lack of ammo, you’re just missing every shot.
You’ve kind of contradicted yourself there. You have “a crap tonne of ammo” but you’re switching weapons a bunch unnecessarily when you have a bunch of ammo anyway.

Why are you asking for more ammo if you already say you have “a crap tonne”? It just doesn’t make sense.

> 2533274865778947;12:
> > 2533274845153375;9:
> > > 2533274865778947;8:
> > > > 2533274845153375;7:
> > > > > 2533274865778947;4:
> > > > > I don’t care about realism or the fantasy elements….I’d rather it just be balanced enough to where I have to make actual decisions on what weapon I want to use.
> > > > >
> > > > > I don’t really find it incredibly fun to have 50 rockets or sniper rounds that I can fire off meaninglessly in Campaign. It’s just boring and makes gameplay mind numbing.
> > > > > If the bandana skull is in the game for unlimited ammo, great people who want that experience can have it.
> > > > >
> > > > > For Multiplayer ammo balance is even more essential than it is in Campaign. I don’t want opposing team to dominate me with a rocket launcher all match because they have a tonne of ammo.
> > > >
> > > > Yeah well I don’t buy the game for multiplayer I buy it for the campaign in other words the actual story line I was playing games before multiplayer existed and frankly I think multiplayer decides how much ammo the weapons can carry a little too much if you want to carry a gun with eight shots and one extra mag and multiplayer fine but in campaign the weapons or player need to be able to carry a little more ammo than that unless it’s survival horror game which Halo is not it’s a fast-paced action shooter or at least it’s supposed to be also the ammo we can carry in multiplayer vs campaign can be different if the code is written right
> > >
> > > I don’t think it’s a matter of the “code being written right”. Differentiating Campaign & MP ammo counts isn’t a particular hard thing to do. There have even been mission in Halo that have given you more ammo for weapons than you’d expect, Truth & Reconciliation & Nightfall to name a few.
> > > The devs have the option to give you more ammo if they think it’s needed.
> > >
> > > However have you ever thought about why they don’t give you the extra ammo instead of just being annoyed that it’s not there? There’s very simple reasoning for that gameplay decision. Balance & Challenge, I’m talking strictly Campaign here too.
> > > So that you’re not overpowered and the game actually provides a relevant challenge to you.
> > >
> > > Multiplayer doesn’t really dictate ammo count as much as you think, you’re also completely disregarding the entire point of having to actually make gameplay decisions because you don’t have loads of ammo for a weapon.
> > >
> > > Halo has always been a game about using different weapons because of their effectiveness against different enemy types. Having a super high ammo count for a weapon means you’re just going to spam that weapon and never actually use anything else because you’re not made to do so.
> > >
> > > Ammo really doesn’t need changing, I’ve never understood any logic behind this subject.
> > > If you’ve ran out of ammo, pick up a different weapon or find more ammo for the one you had. It’s really that simple.
> > > You want infinite ammo? Turn on the bandana skull if it’s available for the game you’re playing.
> >
> > I’ve used different weapon against enemies even when I had a crap ton of ammo plus having to pick up a new weapon constantly at least three or four times during a single encounter gets pretty annoying and like someone stated in a post above if you can flip a scorpion tank then you should be able to carry eight rockets for the rocket launcher and you’re wrong multiplayer dictates ammo account a whole lot more than you think it does you remember Halo CE right well that game actually gave you an effective amount of ammo and the game was fun
>
> I don’t think using CE is a good example for multiplayer, that game releases before multiplayer games were fully fleshed out and balanced. I think a game that falls in line with Halo 3 and onwards is probably a better example.
>
> Once again, this isn’t about lore. It doesn’t matter if you can flip over a elephant, it’s not relevant to ammo at all. You’re talking about a game mechanic to make vehicles accessible vs the amount of ammunition you can carry, they’re not comparable.
> If you want Halo to be lore accurate the game would be unplayable and nothing like the game you’ve spent years enjoying.
>
> No one is forcing you to pick up three, four different weapons either. I don’t know if we’re playing the same Halo game here but there is genuinely little need to pick up a new gun after every kill unless you’re literally missing every shot. In which case there isn’t a lack of ammo, you’re just missing every shot.
> You’ve kind of contradicted yourself there. You have “a crap tonne of ammo” but you’re switching weapons a bunch unnecessarily when you have a bunch of ammo anyway.
> Why are you asking for more ammo if you already say you have “a crap tonne”? It just doesn’t make sense.

I’m not missing every shot I was exaggerating a little bit to get my point across what I’m trying to say is the less amount of ammo you have it kind of takes away player choice for example in Halo Combat Evolved a Plasma Rifle it’s usually the best weapon to use against Elites however if you would rather use an Assault Rifle you can because you have plenty of spare ammo to me taking away player choice it’s not a good game design

> 2533274845153375;13:
> > 2533274865778947;12:
> > > 2533274845153375;9:
> > > > 2533274865778947;8:
> > > > > 2533274845153375;7:
> > > > > > 2533274865778947;4:
> > > > > > I don’t care about realism or the fantasy elements….I’d rather it just be balanced enough to where I have to make actual decisions on what weapon I want to use.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I don’t really find it incredibly fun to have 50 rockets or sniper rounds that I can fire off meaninglessly in Campaign. It’s just boring and makes gameplay mind numbing.
> > > > > > If the bandana skull is in the game for unlimited ammo, great people who want that experience can have it.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > For Multiplayer ammo balance is even more essential than it is in Campaign. I don’t want opposing team to dominate me with a rocket launcher all match because they have a tonne of ammo.
> > > > >
> > > > > Yeah well I don’t buy the game for multiplayer I buy it for the campaign in other words the actual story line I was playing games before multiplayer existed and frankly I think multiplayer decides how much ammo the weapons can carry a little too much if you want to carry a gun with eight shots and one extra mag and multiplayer fine but in campaign the weapons or player need to be able to carry a little more ammo than that unless it’s survival horror game which Halo is not it’s a fast-paced action shooter or at least it’s supposed to be also the ammo we can carry in multiplayer vs campaign can be different if the code is written right
> > > >
> > > > I don’t think it’s a matter of the “code being written right”. Differentiating Campaign & MP ammo counts isn’t a particular hard thing to do. There have even been mission in Halo that have given you more ammo for weapons than you’d expect, Truth & Reconciliation & Nightfall to name a few.
> > > > The devs have the option to give you more ammo if they think it’s needed.
> > > >
> > > > However have you ever thought about why they don’t give you the extra ammo instead of just being annoyed that it’s not there? There’s very simple reasoning for that gameplay decision. Balance & Challenge, I’m talking strictly Campaign here too.
> > > > So that you’re not overpowered and the game actually provides a relevant challenge to you.
> > > >
> > > > Multiplayer doesn’t really dictate ammo count as much as you think, you’re also completely disregarding the entire point of having to actually make gameplay decisions because you don’t have loads of ammo for a weapon.
> > > >
> > > > Halo has always been a game about using different weapons because of their effectiveness against different enemy types. Having a super high ammo count for a weapon means you’re just going to spam that weapon and never actually use anything else because you’re not made to do so.
> > > >
> > > > Ammo really doesn’t need changing, I’ve never understood any logic behind this subject.
> > > > If you’ve ran out of ammo, pick up a different weapon or find more ammo for the one you had. It’s really that simple.
> > > > You want infinite ammo? Turn on the bandana skull if it’s available for the game you’re playing.
> > >
> > > I’ve used different weapon against enemies even when I had a crap ton of ammo plus having to pick up a new weapon constantly at least three or four times during a single encounter gets pretty annoying and like someone stated in a post above if you can flip a scorpion tank then you should be able to carry eight rockets for the rocket launcher and you’re wrong multiplayer dictates ammo account a whole lot more than you think it does you remember Halo CE right well that game actually gave you an effective amount of ammo and the game was fun
> >
> > I don’t think using CE is a good example for multiplayer, that game releases before multiplayer games were fully fleshed out and balanced. I think a game that falls in line with Halo 3 and onwards is probably a better example.
> >
> > Once again, this isn’t about lore. It doesn’t matter if you can flip over a elephant, it’s not relevant to ammo at all. You’re talking about a game mechanic to make vehicles accessible vs the amount of ammunition you can carry, they’re not comparable.
> > If you want Halo to be lore accurate the game would be unplayable and nothing like the game you’ve spent years enjoying.
> >
> > No one is forcing you to pick up three, four different weapons either. I don’t know if we’re playing the same Halo game here but there is genuinely little need to pick up a new gun after every kill unless you’re literally missing every shot. In which case there isn’t a lack of ammo, you’re just missing every shot.
> > You’ve kind of contradicted yourself there. You have “a crap tonne of ammo” but you’re switching weapons a bunch unnecessarily when you have a bunch of ammo anyway.
> > Why are you asking for more ammo if you already say you have “a crap tonne”? It just doesn’t make sense.
>
> I’m not missing every shot I was exaggerating a little bit to get my point across what I’m trying to say is the less amount of ammo you have it kind of takes away player choice for example in Halo Combat Evolved a Plasma Rifle it’s usually the best weapon to use against Elites however if you would rather use an Assault Rifle you can because you have plenty of spare ammo in the newer Halo games your ammo is pathetic very very very very pathetic to me taking away player choice it’s not a good game design

> 2533274845153375;14:
> > 2533274845153375;13:
> > > 2533274865778947;12:
> > > > 2533274845153375;9:
> > > > > 2533274865778947;8:
> > > > > > 2533274845153375;7:
> > > > > > > 2533274865778947;4:
> > > > > > > I don’t care about realism or the fantasy elements….I’d rather it just be balanced enough to where I have to make actual decisions on what weapon I want to use.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > I don’t really find it incredibly fun to have 50 rockets or sniper rounds that I can fire off meaninglessly in Campaign. It’s just boring and makes gameplay mind numbing.
> > > > > > > If the bandana skull is in the game for unlimited ammo, great people who want that experience can have it.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > For Multiplayer ammo balance is even more essential than it is in Campaign. I don’t want opposing team to dominate me with a rocket launcher all match because they have a tonne of ammo.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Yeah well I don’t buy the game for multiplayer I buy it for the campaign in other words the actual story line I was playing games before multiplayer existed and frankly I think multiplayer decides how much ammo the weapons can carry a little too much if you want to carry a gun with eight shots and one extra mag and multiplayer fine but in campaign the weapons or player need to be able to carry a little more ammo than that unless it’s survival horror game which Halo is not it’s a fast-paced action shooter or at least it’s supposed to be also the ammo we can carry in multiplayer vs campaign can be different if the code is written right
> > > > >
> > > > > I don’t think it’s a matter of the “code being written right”. Differentiating Campaign & MP ammo counts isn’t a particular hard thing to do. There have even been mission in Halo that have given you more ammo for weapons than you’d expect, Truth & Reconciliation & Nightfall to name a few.
> > > > > The devs have the option to give you more ammo if they think it’s needed.
> > > > >
> > > > > However have you ever thought about why they don’t give you the extra ammo instead of just being annoyed that it’s not there? There’s very simple reasoning for that gameplay decision. Balance & Challenge, I’m talking strictly Campaign here too.
> > > > > So that you’re not overpowered and the game actually provides a relevant challenge to you.
> > > > >
> > > > > Multiplayer doesn’t really dictate ammo count as much as you think, you’re also completely disregarding the entire point of having to actually make gameplay decisions because you don’t have loads of ammo for a weapon.
> > > > >
> > > > > Halo has always been a game about using different weapons because of their effectiveness against different enemy types. Having a super high ammo count for a weapon means you’re just going to spam that weapon and never actually use anything else because you’re not made to do so.
> > > > >
> > > > > Ammo really doesn’t need changing, I’ve never understood any logic behind this subject.
> > > > > If you’ve ran out of ammo, pick up a different weapon or find more ammo for the one you had. It’s really that simple.
> > > > > You want infinite ammo? Turn on the bandana skull if it’s available for the game you’re playing.
> > > >
> > > > I’ve used different weapon against enemies even when I had a crap ton of ammo plus having to pick up a new weapon constantly at least three or four times during a single encounter gets pretty annoying and like someone stated in a post above if you can flip a scorpion tank then you should be able to carry eight rockets for the rocket launcher and you’re wrong multiplayer dictates ammo account a whole lot more than you think it does you remember Halo CE right well that game actually gave you an effective amount of ammo and the game was fun
> > >
> > > I don’t think using CE is a good example for multiplayer, that game releases before multiplayer games were fully fleshed out and balanced. I think a game that falls in line with Halo 3 and onwards is probably a better example.
> > >
> > > Once again, this isn’t about lore. It doesn’t matter if you can flip over a elephant, it’s not relevant to ammo at all. You’re talking about a game mechanic to make vehicles accessible vs the amount of ammunition you can carry, they’re not comparable.
> > > If you want Halo to be lore accurate the game would be unplayable and nothing like the game you’ve spent years enjoying.
> > >
> > > No one is forcing you to pick up three, four different weapons either. I don’t know if we’re playing the same Halo game here but there is genuinely little need to pick up a new gun after every kill unless you’re literally missing every shot. In which case there isn’t a lack of ammo, you’re just missing every shot.
> > > You’ve kind of contradicted yourself there. You have “a crap tonne of ammo” but you’re switching weapons a bunch unnecessarily when you have a bunch of ammo anyway.
> > > Why are you asking for more ammo if you already say you have “a crap tonne”? It just doesn’t make sense.
> >
> > I’m not missing every shot I was exaggerating a little bit to get my point across what I’m trying to say is the less amount of ammo you have it kind of takes away player choice for example in Halo Combat Evolved a Plasma Rifle it’s usually the best weapon to use against Elites however if you would rather use an Assault Rifle you can because you have plenty of spare ammo in the newer Halo games your ammo is pathetic very very very very pathetic so if you use your Assault Rifle against Elites in the newer Halo games your ammo is depleted very quickly because of their energy shields especially in higher difficulties to me taking away player choice it’s not a good game design

> 2533274865778947;12:
> > 2533274845153375;9:
> > > 2533274865778947;8:
> > > > 2533274845153375;7:
> > > > > 2533274865778947;4:
> > > > > I don’t care about realism or the fantasy elements….I’d rather it just be balanced enough to where I have to make actual decisions on what weapon I want to use.
> > > > >
> > > > > I don’t really find it incredibly fun to have 50 rockets or sniper rounds that I can fire off meaninglessly in Campaign. It’s just boring and makes gameplay mind numbing.
> > > > > If the bandana skull is in the game for unlimited ammo, great people who want that experience can have it.
> > > > >
> > > > > For Multiplayer ammo balance is even more essential than it is in Campaign. I don’t want opposing team to dominate me with a rocket launcher all match because they have a tonne of ammo.
> > > >
> > > > Yeah well I don’t buy the game for multiplayer I buy it for the campaign in other words the actual story line I was playing games before multiplayer existed and frankly I think multiplayer decides how much ammo the weapons can carry a little too much if you want to carry a gun with eight shots and one extra mag and multiplayer fine but in campaign the weapons or player need to be able to carry a little more ammo than that unless it’s survival horror game which Halo is not it’s a fast-paced action shooter or at least it’s supposed to be also the ammo we can carry in multiplayer vs campaign can be different if the code is written right
> > >
> > > I don’t think it’s a matter of the “code being written right”. Differentiating Campaign & MP ammo counts isn’t a particular hard thing to do. There have even been mission in Halo that have given you more ammo for weapons than you’d expect, Truth & Reconciliation & Nightfall to name a few.
> > > The devs have the option to give you more ammo if they think it’s needed.
> > >
> > > However have you ever thought about why they don’t give you the extra ammo instead of just being annoyed that it’s not there? There’s very simple reasoning for that gameplay decision. Balance & Challenge, I’m talking strictly Campaign here too.
> > > So that you’re not overpowered and the game actually provides a relevant challenge to you.
> > >
> > > Multiplayer doesn’t really dictate ammo count as much as you think, you’re also completely disregarding the entire point of having to actually make gameplay decisions because you don’t have loads of ammo for a weapon.
> > >
> > > Halo has always been a game about using different weapons because of their effectiveness against different enemy types. Having a super high ammo count for a weapon means you’re just going to spam that weapon and never actually use anything else because you’re not made to do so.
> > >
> > > Ammo really doesn’t need changing, I’ve never understood any logic behind this subject.
> > > If you’ve ran out of ammo, pick up a different weapon or find more ammo for the one you had. It’s really that simple.
> > > You want infinite ammo? Turn on the bandana skull if it’s available for the game you’re playing.
> >
> > I’ve used different weapon against enemies even when I had a crap ton of ammo plus having to pick up a new weapon constantly at least three or four times during a single encounter gets pretty annoying and like someone stated in a post above if you can flip a scorpion tank then you should be able to carry eight rockets for the rocket launcher and you’re wrong multiplayer dictates ammo account a whole lot more than you think it does you remember Halo CE right well that game actually gave you an effective amount of ammo and the game was fun
>
> I don’t think using CE is a good example for multiplayer, that game releases before multiplayer games were fully fleshed out and balanced. I think a game that falls in line with Halo 3 and onwards is probably a better example.
>
> Once again, this isn’t about lore. It doesn’t matter if you can flip over a elephant, it’s not relevant to ammo at all. You’re talking about a game mechanic to make vehicles accessible vs the amount of ammunition you can carry, they’re not comparable.
> If you want Halo to be lore accurate the game would be unplayable and nothing like the game you’ve spent years enjoying.
>
> No one is forcing you to pick up three, four different weapons either. I don’t know if we’re playing the same Halo game here but there is genuinely little need to pick up a new gun after every kill unless you’re literally missing every shot. In which case there isn’t a lack of ammo, you’re just missing every shot.
> You’ve kind of contradicted yourself there. You have “a crap tonne of ammo” but you’re switching weapons a bunch unnecessarily when you have a bunch of ammo anyway.
> Why are you asking for more ammo if you already say you have “a crap tonne”? It just doesn’t make sense.

So I think I thought of the perfect solution for a way they could please both the people that like a lot of ammo and the people who would prefer less ammo so make it to where the amount of ammo you can carry in campaign for all the weapons it’s a lot just like in Halo CE but then have a skull that makes it to where the player carries less extra ammo and makes it to where the weapon holds a little less