So yeah, fix the Boltshot

One hit kill loadout weapon is stupid, might as well give everyone shotguns or a scattershot as their primary weapon.
There’s always at least one person every game running around with the boltshot.
i have no problem with the gun itself, but by being able to quickly charge the gun and one hit kill some body is stupid, especially if it’s a load out weapon.

When you shoot someone with a Scattershot and they don’t die, and FROM THE EXACT SAME RANGE they one-shot you with a Boltshot…yeah, pistol that is more powerful than a power weapon? Broken. Don’t take a leak on my armour then try and tell me it’s raining.

I agree that the Boltshot really does need nerfed. I feel forced to use it because it’s just that good, I can outshoot someone with a scattershot nearly every time. Which is ridiculous. And I feel bad that some of the other weapons are taking away from the attention the Boltshot needs (though the other weapons need it too).

It should be viable for melee range, But I have been killed numerous times from it when I’m at a range that my shotgun won’t even kill the person in one shot.

I hate boltshot soo much its the dumbest thing EVER…

You might aswell have a damn shotgun as your secondary weapon!!

About 2 second charge, then if you can hit, about a 3 second cooldown. Just about 10 foot range kill radius at full shields. Strong? Yes. Overpowered? Hell no. Fix the glitch and its perfect.

I LOVE it! It totally stops ‘ima run up and double beat down you!’ that has been plaguing Halo forever.

Agreed.
I went into a game yesterday and played against a clan titled “Bolt”. Had no idea that all they would do is camp with their Boltshots and DMRs. It must take true skill, that.
Ended up destroying my mic out of pure rage…not proud of that either.

Yep… I agree… boltshot sucks…

> About 2 second charge, then if you can hit, about a 3 second cooldown. Just about 10 foot range kill radius at full shields. Strong? Yes. Overpowered? Hell no. Fix the glitch and its perfect.
>
> I LOVE it! It totally stops ‘ima run up and double beat down you!’ that has been plaguing Halo forever.

It’s overpowered for a loadout weapon, people camping with it, or just, people who use it make a match made game so tedious and frustrating. A load out weapon that is a one hit kill shot, is Overpowered.

If someone is going to say “You have to charge it, it might miss, it’s not OP” then I can say the same for a shotgun, it can miss, Or a RPG, it can miss too, Why can’t they be loadout weapons? <<ders yo logic

Learn to use it yourself or learn to avoid it, it’s that simple. I can’t use it that well but if I see that people are using it during a match you just adjust your tactics. For the people who say it’s better than a scattershot maybe you should just learn to use the scattershot as well :stuck_out_tongue:

> Learn to use it yourself or learn to avoid it, it’s that simple. I can’t use it that well but if I see that people are using it during a match you just adjust your tactics. For the people who say it’s better than a scattershot maybe you should just learn to use the scattershot as well :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t want to use a gun that requires no skill at all and will frustrate allot of people. Yes, it’s easy to avoid, IE, Promethean Vision will save you from walking around a corner and getting one shot by someone.
Scattershot, along with most of the weapons don’t work well on bad connection, or even, if you’re not host, have fun using a needler. Where as the Boltshot, doesn’t matter what your connection is, or how laggy you are, You will kill them.

i agree it needs to have slightly less range than shotty. but i dont think it needs nerfed i think shotty needs buffed, ive handled plenty shotguns before guys and ive always wondered why spartans use bird shot instead of slugs. but onto my point, we have tools for dealing with boltshot users

pulse grenade to stop em moving forward and waste their shot while you kill em.

hardlight shield to make em deal no damage and you kill them, they wont get a second shot off with it after all

thruster pack to do as above make them miss n kill them

promethean vision when you hear one charging just locate it and backpedal

simpley jump and make them hit your feet landing them no kill, or this worked against shotgun in the past, should still apply

carry your own boltshot and troll them with it until they leave it alone

if you see it coming stick them.

we are smarter than to get pwnd by a camper exploiting or a run and gunner with this thing. yes its a loadout gun but we have loadout tools for dealing with these guys also. this is not different from learning to back off the armorlock guys, at least these guys can still die right. im sure if we think harder we can find more ways than this. hologram may absorb the shot or make them miss us also. active camo as a radar jammer to throw off thier ability to pop out at the right time. theres more ways

> > Learn to use it yourself or learn to avoid it, it’s that simple. I can’t use it that well but if I see that people are using it during a match you just adjust your tactics. For the people who say it’s better than a scattershot maybe you should just learn to use the scattershot as well :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> <mark>I don’t want to use a gun that requires no skill at all and will frustrate allot of people.</mark> Yes, it’s easy to avoid, IE, Promethean Vision will save you from walking around a corner and getting one shot by someone.
> Scattershot, along with most of the weapons don’t work well on bad connection, or even, if you’re not host, have fun using a needler. Where as the Boltshot, doesn’t matter what your connection is, or how laggy you are, You will kill them.

Most used weapon is DMR -.-

So you are saying you dont like it, and name one of the many counters to it…so you want it nerfed to hell?

Beaten by

Pro Vision (see him in the corner)
Hologram (Draw his fire and kill him on his cooldown)
Camo (Theyre being sneaky? Be sneaky back and look for the blur, hes just looking for a shiny person to run by him)
DMR the SOB from 30 feet
Thrusters (make him waste his shot)
Hardlight Shield (he wastes his shot)
Hell, even ducking works about 1/4 of the time

Instead of just crying for nerfs, why dont you actually USE what the game gives you? If you are getting killed by corner campers its because you have atrocious situational awareness. If you cant be bothered to look at your radar and see blue dots everywhere and think ‘someone is using camo, i should be wary going around corners!’ then you might as well just run by him and have him falcon punch you and come on here and cry that people are too sneaky.

You SPAWN with a baby sniper for crying out loud! If he isnt corner camping and out and about, why are you getting in close range when you can just 5 shot ping him for a kill while backing up?

I disagree… The bolt shot is fine, improve your play. Bolt is in a good place and if they nerfed it it would actually be useless. Exaggeration is strong in this thread, its called meta game. Stop plowing into a boltshot with your ars expecting free kills.

> > > Learn to use it yourself or learn to avoid it, it’s that simple. I can’t use it that well but if I see that people are using it during a match you just adjust your tactics. For the people who say it’s better than a scattershot maybe you should just learn to use the scattershot as well :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > <mark>I don’t want to use a gun that requires no skill at all and will frustrate allot of people.</mark> Yes, it’s easy to avoid, IE, Promethean Vision will save you from walking around a corner and getting one shot by someone.
> > Scattershot, along with most of the weapons don’t work well on bad connection, or even, if you’re not host, have fun using a needler. Where as the Boltshot, doesn’t matter what your connection is, or how laggy you are, You will kill them.
>
> Most used weapon is DMR -.-
>
> So you are saying you dont like it, and name one of the many counters to it…so you want it nerfed to hell?
>
> Beaten by
>
> Pro Vision (see him in the corner)
> Hologram (Draw his fire and kill him on his cooldown)
> Camo (Theyre being sneaky? Be sneaky back and look for the blur, hes just looking for a shiny person to run by him)
> DMR the SOB from 30 feet
> Thrusters (make him waste his shot)
> Hardlight Shield (he wastes his shot)
> Hell, even ducking works about 1/4 of the time
>
> Instead of just crying for nerfs, why dont you actually USE what the game gives you? If you are getting killed by corner campers its because you have atrocious situational awareness. If you cant be bothered to look at your radar and see blue dots everywhere and think ‘someone is using camo, i should be wary going around corners!’ then you might as well just run by him and have him falcon punch you and come on here and cry that people are too sneaky.
>
> You SPAWN with a baby sniper for crying out loud! If he isnt corner camping and out and about, why are you getting in close range when you can just 5 shot ping him for a kill while backing up?

This guy destroys this thread and he’s 100% correct. Stop whining and learn how to play. It should be a clue this community whines enough already since we have no ranking system and random weapons everywhere.

yes please listen to king and bgtv and myself, use it as a reason to develop more strategy and tacics you will grow and evolve as a player, i look forward to going into forge and testing mine and kings strategies to see which one suits my playstyle best and ill share them with my cousins and brother so we can all test it together n pick what we like the very best individually. so yeah im sorta glad 343 dropped this hurdle in front of me. time to go level myself up with some boltshot training.