So would you guys, and gals, want this?

I know I’ve posted this before but that was inside another post and I feel it will get more exposure here. Also if a member of 343 is reading this could you simply post a reply, even if it just says " DERP! WE HEAR YOU NOW CARM THE -blam- DOWN!" just I’d like to know if you listen to us.

This is now the official We Want A Far Cry 2 Style Editor (well semi official, official as far as a community post goes)

343 if you are listening to this, I want this please: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8qa-naczjg

Anyway I want to be able to make my own map not just place objects in a pre-defined area.

As a bonus 343 wouldn’t need to make remakes of old maps, if we had this level of control, terrain etc, then we could easily make Coagulation or even Headlong if you had the range of objects the cry editor does. Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_hX2nb6KPc

Obviously this is missing a few things ie, caves, multiple water level heights, waterfalls etc.
oh and please use something as similar as possible to the Halo 3 water engine, that water was the most beautiful and realistic water I’ve seen, I though Reach’s water kind of broke down in some areas

I’m not saying exactly like this, just really the terrain options, keep the objects haloie, but have an option of Forerunner, Human and Covenant buildings, blocks and items. The Halo Reach forge maps were always the same color pallet, again I want my maps to be their own and not feel like they’re in the same place as the next persons map.

The Far cry editor went down really well and the fact that people have already made Halo reamakes with the far cry editor shows that you wouldn’t need to make them your self, the community could do it with ease.

And I would love it if you would put in special objects like the windmill from Zanzibar or the trains from Terminal, objects that do things without player interaction and give the feeling that it’s more than just a forge map.

I saw a post saying in reference to this " They’ve done it so you can too" I’d like to add to that. This Editor and game were released 2 years ago, if you can’t make a engine that can do this now in 2011 then… well you’re not as good as Ubisoft.

I don’t think people would care if to manage this you needed to put Forge and Customs or Multiplayer as a whole on 1 disc and Campaign on another, LA Noire has proved that multi disc games are not a problem and they are even less so with a more linear game such as Halo.

Also might I make the suggestion that you show Forge as it’s being developed so the community can say would would be benificial to them while it’s still in development instead of being all secretive then having people complain when it’s released and have it be out of your hands.

Just my thoughts

EDIT: if you still don’t believe that this is a good editor look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKWa6dXpFwU&feature=related
someone made Disney Land with it, now think about how long this would take you in Forge as it is

There was a game on ye olde Xbox, I think it might have been called Pariah, not sure, but it allowed you to do some of the things you described. My point being, if it could be done back then, than surely now it could be done and much better. The Far Cry editor was innovative, but so…many…bad…maps.

> There was a game on ye olde Xbox, I think it might have been called Pariah, not sure, but it allowed you to do some of the things you described. My point being, if it could be done back then, than surely now it could be done and much better. The Far Cry editor was innovative, but so…many…bad…maps.

You did have to sift through the bad ones but there was a rating system so if you wanted to find good ones you just sort to view 5 star rated maps etc. But think about it do you want Forge to be difficult to use so less people use it and there will be less bad maps, or do you want it to be easy to use so there is a higher number of good ones.

Also I’m not 100% sure but I think there was a Far Cry game on the original Xbox that had a similar map editor to this, bit dumbed down because of the console and what it was capable of but at least I could still edit terrain.

lots of threads about similar to this have been posted into 343 waypoint and since its moderated by a smaller team im pretty sure they listen, they just might not be at liberty to discuss with general public…on a side note heres headlong complete with crane, building structures (background and foreground), door, weapons, vehicles, cut off road, regular road…it has it all (except beam)

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=19459059&player=lordcrusnik1986

> lots of threads about similar to this have been posted into 343 waypoint and since its moderated by a smaller team im pretty sure they listen, they just might not be at liberty to discuss with general public…on a side note heres headlong complete with crane, building structures (background and foreground), door, weapons, vehicles, cut off road, regular road…it has it all (except beam)
>
> http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=19459059&player=lordcrusnik1986

that’s pretty good, a bit bumpy here and there but overall very good. Must have taken you a while. My only complaint is the beach side warthogs don’t spawn in the correct place, but yea I really like it :slight_smile:
Think how much better it could be if you could have edited the terrain though.

true, would have been able to structure blue base correctly that way.

drifting Off Topic, is it common practice for people to upload maps they’ve made in order to receive criticism for other Forgers? If so I might put one of my maps up tomorrow when I’ve finished it.

??? do you mean do people intentionally post maps so other people will look down on the map…intentionally

constructive criticism yes,
and I’m sorry I’m new here, and it’s very shiny it’s so distracting,
also meet me fish <*)))-{

EDIT: going to bed now, I’m tired. Y’all keep discussing and such or whatever

> drifting Off Topic, is it common practice for people to upload maps they’ve made in order to receive criticism for other Forgers? If so I might put one of my maps up tomorrow when I’ve finished it.

Depends. On some sites, like ForgeHub and XForgery, you can post Map Previews – threads with screenshots of the map, from which people can give their initial impressions – without providing a download link to the map itself.

Everyone does want it. If they don’t they havn’t seen it.

I rented far cry just to do the map editor, and loved it, but was WAY too complicated and sensitive. i wanted to make a small hill, then accidentally made a mountain. And it is impossible to fix your mistakes. And you couldn’t even make your own buildings or structures which was a downside. I say you make the terrain and weather first, then do normal forge on it. Best of both worlds.

> I rented far cry just to do the map editor, and loved it, but was WAY too complicated and sensitive. i wanted to make a small hill, then accidentally made a mountain. And it is impossible to fix your mistakes. And you couldn’t even make your own buildings or structures which was a downside. I say you make the terrain and weather first, then do normal forge on it. Best of both worlds.

That’s what an undo button would be good for!!!

The far cry ed has an undo button and sliders so you can control the speed at which you make a hill, it does have a lot of options though so I don’t blame you if you couldn’t find them.