So will the mute and quit ban be trashed now?

Because they are pointless.

Discuss.

are you joking? the quit ban should be much, much more strict.
Mute ban? why? you talk crap to people and wonder why you get muted by xbox? haha.

No.

The Quit Ban should be even harsher than it is now.

The Mute Ban should only affect the playlist its from, unless you get two or more, in which case it applies to all playlists.

the mute ban is ridiculous, i agree, but the quit ban should be LONGER if anything.

> are you joking? the quit ban should be much, much more strict.
> Mute ban? why? you talk crap to people and wonder why you get muted by xbox? haha.

For the first point you made: No it should be scrapped it doesn’t stop people from quitting and if it’s too strict it may stop people from playing Reach.

As for the second point: If someone starts shouting you mute them by your self, it worked wonders in Halo 3.

I think that the quit ban should require less matches to get it. You should also receive some type of a credit penalty that counts towards rank and armory. The mute ban should be removed. It’s very pointless. If I don’t want to hear someone, then I can press one button to mute them. It’s not hard to do.

I think that people should have 4 quits a week, and/or 6 DCs a week. Seems fair. People just have to manage their time better, or get over the fact that they don’t get to play on their map.

Mute ban is definitely pointless. How does it even work anyway? Does it depend on how many people mute you?

> I think that people should have 4 quits a week, and/or 6 DCs a week. Seems fair. People just have to manage their time better, or get over the fact that they don’t get to play on their map.

Doesn’t help when everyone is allergic of DMR starts so they pick slayer on Campdown.

Game maps and types are one of the factors for quitting on this game.

Honestly, I would’ve made the Quit Ban like this:

5 Quits/7 DCs in one day = 1 Hour MM Ban

1 More Quit /2 More DCs after 1 Hour Ban = 24 Hour Ban

Earning another 1 Hour Ban Within 24 Hours of a 24 Hour Ban Ending = 1 Week Ban

You’d have to be a jerk, have absolutely terrible internet or be massively stupid to get in trouble through this.

> Honestly, I would’ve made the Quit Ban like this:
>
> 5 Quits/7 DCs in one day = 1 Hour MM Ban
>
> 1 More Quit /2 More DCs after 1 Hour Ban = 24 Hour Ban
>
> Earning another 1 Hour Ban Within 24 Hours of a 24 Hour Ban Ending = 1 Week Ban
>
>
> You’d have to be a jerk, have absolutely terrible internet or be massively stupid to get in trouble through this.

I could see people stop playing reach altogether if the get banned a week.

Why? the dmr is awesome…Apart from bloom.
I actually stopped playing team slayer because of the stupid maps and gametypes. Theres plenty of other playlists, its a better alternative to quitting.
I quit sometimes, like when my teammates are betraying each other, or when im getting spawnkilled, or when a real life friend wants me to play custom games. But no more then like 3 times a week.

> > Honestly, I would’ve made the Quit Ban like this:
> >
> > 5 Quits/7 DCs in one day = 1 Hour MM Ban
> >
> > 1 More Quit /2 More DCs after 1 Hour Ban = 24 Hour Ban
> >
> > Earning another 1 Hour Ban Within 24 Hours of a 24 Hour Ban Ending = 1 Week Ban
> >
> >
> > You’d have to be a jerk, have absolutely terrible internet or be massively stupid to get in trouble through this.
>
> I could see people stop playing reach altogether if the get banned a week.

Thats ok. They weren’t really playing in the first place if they managed to earn themselves a week long ban, were they?

> > > Honestly, I would’ve made the Quit Ban like this:
> > >
> > > 5 Quits/7 DCs in one day = 1 Hour MM Ban
> > >
> > > 1 More Quit /2 More DCs after 1 Hour Ban = 24 Hour Ban
> > >
> > > Earning another 1 Hour Ban Within 24 Hours of a 24 Hour Ban Ending = 1 Week Ban
> > >
> > >
> > > You’d have to be a jerk, have absolutely terrible internet or be massively stupid to get in trouble through this.
> >
> > I could see people stop playing reach altogether if the get banned a week.
>
> Thats ok. They weren’t really playing in the first place if they managed to earn themselves a week long ban, were they?

Why should it even matter? It’s a video game, not a sports league. The only thing we should be penalized for is cheating the system.

We shouldn’t even get banned at all for having bad connections. Black screen, so what? It happens. And when it happens, it’s only for a time, and then we can go back to playing normally again. Just with one or more less player. But so what?

I see Halo as a social game, now it’s just filled with pointless bans. I don’t mind the bans for being booted or quitting, but getting banned because we have insufficient funds in the real world for a good modem/router? That’s not fair at all. And don’t tell me it’s unfair for the players either. We lived with it in Halo 3, we should have lived with it in Reach.

Oh, and the whole “one person by themselves in the Theater lobby” is ridiculous, too. Just to bring it up.

I sense that you have been on the wrong end of the ban hammer.

I don’t mind either, I just want the quit ban to be improved so it counts quits that happen when you dashboard or accept an invite in the pregame lobby because as of right now, it doesn’t count as a quit.

Make it harsher. 3 quits in a day gets you banned for the whole day. Two 24 hour bands in a week gets you banned for a week

There is no reason there should be any leeway for quitters

> I sense that you have been on the wrong end of the ban hammer.

I have never been banned at all on Reach.

The quit ban needs to be more harsh. The mute ban needs to be removed as its easily abused.

> The quit ban needs to be more harsh. The mute ban needs to be removed as its easily abused.

I just wish there was a way to tell who’s muted you and IF you are mute banned