So.. Why does ONI have a tank?

This is in relation to the REQ card for the ONI variant of the tank

Doesn’t ONI having their own ordinance sort of defeat the purpose of having UNSC?

I always though of ONI as the intelligence and the UNSC as the firepower

ONI’s tank shoots high-explosive armor piercing rounds of lies.

ONI’s tank is black so it looks covert for stealth ops

ONI seems to be spiraling completely out of control at this point.

Well… ONI turned two of it’s people, Locked and Vale, into Spartans and they both have ONI created Mjolnir so…yeah.
We know that ONI is super evil and can do whatever it wants.

ONI Handles a lot of the UNSC’s R&D. The tank is an experimental model that fires energy projectiles.

Ummmmm… what tank? Glassed planet have bad records!

> 2535405537190242;7:
> Ummmmm… what tank? Glassed planet have bad records!

Glassed planets have bad tanks.
It’s seems ONI is getting more and more powerfull. Oni having own miltitary branch does seem a bit worrying . I wonder when they start indoctrinating people using Reaper tech… I mean Forerunner technology.

cause tank beats EVERYTHING?

How else do you expect them to deal with concerned citizens? By making the UNSC less fascist and give the people more freedom? Don’t be so ridiculous!

Why wouldn’t they. They have a security force to secure highly classified site. Do I need to point out all the research stations on all the Halos and even the Ark. Remember all the guys in black uniforms in halo 4 in that research station. They were all ONI.

Also the Weapons Research is under ONI too. So they will need a unit of personal to field test their latest prototypes

> 2533274868031586;1:
> This is in relation to the REQ card for the ONI variant of the tank
>
> Doesn’t ONI having their own ordinance sort of defeat the purpose of having UNSC?
>
> I always though of ONI as the intelligence and the UNSC as the firepower

ONI has a research division that gets all the expensive prototype weapons before anyone else…

also, they often gather their Intel through the use of force.

It’s ONi god knows what they have besides a black Tank, probably some death Star thing somewhere. ONI is completely out of control in Halo 5 and around (which is why i highly distrust Locke), i really hope we have chance to let it burn to the ground at some point.

ONI does have it’s own private army. (The black armor clad marines from halo 4). would make sense. Plus they did make the spartan II’s and IV’s

Speculation, oni may become their own military force that may end up fighting with the unsc just like the storm covenant and the swords of sanghelios are.

Then you have new things like the triad and the outer colony rebellions and who knows what they are capable of.

I hope this speculation of mine doesn’t turn out to be true

> 2533274874192460;15:
> Speculation, oni may become their own military force that may end up fighting with the unsc just like the storm covenant and the swords of sanghelios are.
>
> Then you have new things like the triad and the outer colony rebellions and who knows what they are capable of.
>
> I hope this speculation of mine doesn’t turn out to be true

That scenario would be possible If there were political events threatening ONI and ONI had something powerful to easily break any opposition. Something like a guardian.

For the same reason that ONI has their own private line of stealth ships.

They are the Area 51 of the UNSC, but on much larger scale.

It’s makes me wonder if we will get to see ONI vehicles and the black armored soldiers again in campaign. Will they be allies or enemies…

Intelligence agencies even today (of which ONI is one of 16 in the United States) have internal R&D divisions which create specialized gadgets and gizmos to help them better carry out their missions.

It’s logical that in an interstellar civilization, ONI would grow to become the pre-eminent intelligence agency given their central role in transportation of…everything.