So why can't I have a signature?

I want to add a signature to my forum profile but it will not let me, anyone know why? And how I can change this?

You have to be a certain rank in the forums.

Spartan at 5001 posts or moderator/admin.

You have to be a Spartan in the forum rankings (have at least 6,001 posts) to get a signature.

You have to be an Iron Spartan (6001 posts)

I already know what my sig is gonna be…

Wow, seriously you have to be a certain rank? Thats really stupid. Well thanks for the info guys!

> Spartan at 6001 posts or Moderator/Admin.

^^Fix’d

> Wow, seriously you have to be a certain rank? Thats really stupid. Well thanks for the info guys!

Well, unfortunately during the gamma forums, we had people who

M
A
D
E

T
H
E
I
R

S
I
G
G
I
E
S

L
I
K
E

T
H
I
S

By having siggies be earned, it cuts down on the sig spam.

>

Exactly. Now, only people that are active on the forums can have sigs, not just anyone. Saves the mods a lot of work.

6001 posts is a little bit too much, though, but it’s a goal to work towards, eh?

> >
>
> Exactly. Now, only people that are active on the forums can have sigs, not just anyone. Saves the mods a lot of work.
>
> 6001 posts is a little bit too much, though, but it’s a goal to work towards, eh?

Eh, in a way, but you can’t have IMG tags, and its limited to those certain individuals. So, its kinda not worth the trouble of posting almost 40 times a day to hav it. :confused:

> > >
> >
> > Exactly. Now, only people that are active on the forums can have sigs, not just anyone. Saves the mods a lot of work.
> >
> > 6001 posts is a little bit too much, though, but it’s a goal to work towards, eh?
>
> Eh, in a way, but you can’t have IMG tags, and its limited to those certain individuals. So, its kinda not worth the trouble of posting almost 40 times a day to hav it. :confused:

Well, images aren’t allowed anywhere in the forums, as people could link to inappropriate content. A signature is worth it, though, IMO.

I feel a much more reasonable number would be at like 1,000 posts.

> > Wow, seriously you have to be a certain rank? Thats really stupid. Well thanks for the info guys!
>
> Well, unfortunately during the gamma forums, we had people who
>
> M
> A
> D
> E
>
> T
> H
> E
> I
> R
>
> S
> I
> G
> G
> I
> E
> S
>
> L
> I
> K
> E
>
> T
> H
> I
> S
>
> By having siggies be earned, it cuts down on the sig spam.

Why not just limit sigs to 1-2 lines, or make them collapsible so that the only people who see them are the ones that want to? Why use the actions of a select few to take something away from the whole community?

All the little things on this site such as this seem to come with an answer of “it’s easier for the mods” May I ask how difficult it really is to moderate this site? It seems like you do a good enough job of it on your own. I rarely see any other mods.

> I feel a much more reasonable number would be at like 1,000 posts.

1,000 would be to easy to get, maybe 3,000 or something would work better.

> > > Wow, seriously you have to be a certain rank? Thats really stupid. Well thanks for the info guys!
> >
> > Well, unfortunately during the gamma forums, we had people who
> >
> > M
> > A
> > D
> > E
> >
> > T
> > H
> > E
> > I
> > R
> >
> > S
> > I
> > G
> > G
> > I
> > E
> > S
> >
> > L
> > I
> > K
> > E
> >
> > T
> > H
> > I
> > S
> >
> > By having siggies be earned, it cuts down on the sig spam.
>
> Why not just limit sigs to 1-2 lines, or make them collapsible so that the only people who see them are the ones that want to? Why use the actions of a select few to take something away from the whole community?
>
> All the little things on this site such as this seem to come with an answer of “it’s easier for the mods” May I ask how difficult it really is to moderate this site? It seems like you do a good enough job of it on your own. I rarely see any other mods.

Shhh…they’re always watching.

Another reason you have to have a rank im sure is because the site is slow enough as is and if everyone had massive sigs it will significantly increase load time, plus if people just get on here and put bad URLs in sigs it would be tough for the mods to keep up with it.

> > Wow, seriously you have to be a certain rank? Thats really stupid. Well thanks for the info guys!
>
> Well, unfortunately during the gamma forums, we had people who
>
> M
> A
> D
> E
>
> T
> H
> E
> I
> R
>
> S
> I
> G
> G
> I
> E
> S
>
> L
> I
> K
> E
>
> T
> H
> I
> S
>
> By having siggies be earned, it cuts down on the sig spam.

well I certainly didn’t do that at all during the gamma forums. I didn’t do this either…

FOR NARNIA!!!

> Another reason you have to have a rank im sure is because the site is slow enough as is and if everyone had massive sigs it will significantly increase load time, plus if people just get on here and put bad URLs in sigs it would be tough for the mods to keep up with it.

That is also true.