So who else despises the ordnance system?

I’m sure it’s been touched on before, but I sincerely detest the whole idea of ordnance without weapons on the map. Having weapons spawns is what separated Halo from just about every other MMS (modern military shooter) and now it’s just killed it.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the game but it just kinda spoils it for mee.

Slayer pro?

I’m in buddy.

I don’t mind it. I love when it gives me a Binary rifle.

Right here. It creates a “snowball” effect where winning is rewarded with items that make you win even more. You get some kills, get an item that accelerates your ability to kill, which gets you another item even faster… it’s a vicious cycle. This broken feedback mechanic is only one example of poor design in Halo 4.

That said, the game could be quite good with a few tweaks. But get rid of Ordinance? They’ll never do it.

Love the new system, hate FPS with placed weapons.

How can I say no to a Damage Boost or a Saw?

I actually quite like it as it gets some different weapons on the map and doesn’t mean people camp power weapon spawns.

On the other hand I really dislike that there are no placed weapons whatsoever on the maps and I keep running out of ammo on BTB like Exile and Ragnarok. There should at least be a few ARs, Pistols, BRs and DMRs on the maps.

I miss weapon spawns. :frowning:

You can always play ANY gametype except the Infinity ones. As far as I’m aware ordinance is only an Infinity thing. You can also play Slayer Pro, no ordinance drops there.

I like it. My only problem is that on big, vehicle-based maps like Ragnarok, there are no naturally-spawning anti-vehicle weapons, so you have to kill vehicles to get the capability to kill vehicles…

Dam, I read your title and voted yes … I would really like to have only weapons on map. Right now there is only the ordnance system. Because 343 won’t give me only weapons on map I think there should be a mix between them two, with basic weapons on map.

Yeah, it’s very random. Sometimes to your benefit, other times it’s not. What i am supposed to do with a Gravity Hammer, Pulse Grenades, and a Needler in BTB when the other team has two or three guys with Binary Rifles? lol

Doesn’t bother me at all. What DOES bother me is that there’s no option to have “Standard” weapon spawns on certain game types. Flood, for instance.

No to both personal and map-based drops. That is all.

I’m having good fun, however I ought to agree, bring back weaponspawns.

> I actually quite like it as it gets some different weapons on the map and doesn’t mean people camp power weapon spawns.
>
> On the other hand I really dislike that there are no placed weapons whatsoever on the maps and I keep running out of ammo on BTB like Exile and Ragnarok. There should at least be a few ARs, Pistols, BRs and DMRs on the maps.

Good teams don’t camp power weapons, they make a play to clear the area the weapon spawns when it’s about to spawn. Bad players are the only one’s who camp them, because it’s the only way they are capable of getting kills. So instead of making players get better, 343 has given them power weapons at a moments notice. This is called devolving. Instead of smart gamers who work for things like power weapons, we give them to them so they don’t have to use their brain. This mentality has ruined the Halo franchise.

Better yet, you can get rid of it in custom games and make your own gametype and they should be able to put it up on matchmaking at least. I learned I can, check out my Infinity Classic Slayer Gametype in my gametype file share on halo 4…Seriously, then if you like classic, slayer, slayer pro, get 100+ friends and all play on it, you still earn around 2000+ credits from it, same thing, but you get your own friends to play…I’m working on reach’s slayer and slayer pro, i just need to know the weapons…plus it won’t be exactly the same as we don’t have armor lock, but its worth a shot…

But in the mean time, try my classic slayer, no ordinance, no loadouts, no nothing except pistol and assualt rifle and whatever laying on the map.

You can even edit the ordinances to your liking,so they’ll becoming with the gametypes you all like shortly, just be patient…

I wish there was weapon spawns on the map however I sure don’t mind the ordinance drops when I get hold of a SAW. :smiley: