So who cares about K/D

hey everyone i’m just wondering about who cares about your K/D. becasue i was talking to my friend and he thinks that your k/d equals skill.
How many people think this I mean does anyone else try to win games instead of camping with the sniper trying to go 10-0. I remember on odball when everyone else except me and the odball carrier ran away so they could go postive instead I ended up dieing so we could win the game multiple times.

I swear it’s those people who want to ruin this game

I care about K/D, but I see what you mean. In games like oddball I play competitively giving it my all, and usually show up first on my team every time even though my k/d wasn’t very good. It objective, I’m almost always first, I think points matter most, and 343 should have an MVP or 1-50 system to see who really has skill.

I don’t think K/D equals skill, but I try to keep one I’m happy with. Even if you don’t think K/D is very important, it’s still one of the first stats people look at, and I like to have a decent record. 1.5 is what I aim for.

I care about K/D but I always try to win.

Well this is how I look at it.

Well Halo 3 kind of ruined all future halos. Simply due to the fact that CRS was so advanced for any game.
So now people are all worried about their KD, which I admit that I am too. I just am because I already reached max rank… And there’s not really too much to look forward to. I mean don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love halo, but the way video games are going, there’s that constant need for something to look forward to. (Don’t worry thought, I’ll play halo 4 till the next game comes out because I LOVE halo)

I’m just worried about people ripping on me and assuming I suck because of my KD. I’ll be honest, I’m sort of scared to play too much flood or CTF, just because I die ALOT. Where slayer, I whoop butt. And it all affects my KD, when I just want to relax and not worry about my KD with objective based games. :frowning:

not me. If you are a good player it maintains itself without you ever even having to look at / bother about it.

I don’t care about K/D, I care about winnning but I don’t care about Halo 4, so I don’t care about anything.

When Halo 4 is eventually fixed, I may start caring for the game again. Until then, I’ll stick to Halo 3 thanks.

I care about my k/d but mostly slayer one.

Well, K/D was never equals to skill that is a fact. Unfortunately I’ve a relatively high (2.47) K/D but I can tell you, there’s nothing special about it. I’m still a noob, I still can be killed. People with high K/D (+10.000 for example) are often just lames. Players with little gap between kills and death are usually more skilled, because they play competitively. Winning is more about skill.

I found that players are more care about their K/D since Halo games doesn’t have ranking system. It’s the only thing that can be somehow gap between good and bad players just like win/lose ratio.

I’d like to bring my example. I’ve this stat because I prefer team play and I usually use my mind when I play. Also, you can check my win/lose ratio, it’s only 66%. So having a good K/D ratio had ruined my wins.

And last but not least, the only thing that matters is what you can bring to the table in every situations, what you can perform now. Play with mind and you will triumph. =)

(Sorry for typing or grammar mistakes, English is not my native language.)

It has some involvement in gauging skill, but it doesn’t equal it. I care to an extent.

K/D is an incredibly rough representation of a player’s skill. Sure if a player has a negative K/D, you can assume they aren’t good. However, some players might not have a very high K/D, but they make up for it in their devotion and teamwork skills.

K/D is extremely important to me in slayer matches. A negative K/D in slayer means you’re dragging down your team and making it more difficult for them to win.

I can go 1/1 or 30/30…doesn’t matter. As long as I’m not 9/10 or 29/30 or 5/30 (ouch!!).

However, K/D doesn’t explain everything. Maybe you went 5/10 and had 15 assists. that’s not a bad game. if your kills + assists is higher than your deaths, I think you’re in good shape.

For other games, it’s all about the objectives. CTF I might go 8/25. Half of those deaths being that I’m sprinting from my spawn point and never firing a single round as I go to at least TOUCH the flag to reset the timer before it returns. For me, it’s about the win. K/D is secondary to me. Which is why I do not like Infinity CTF. Players will focus on their kills to get power ups at the sacrifice of letting a flag return.

> Well this is how I look at it.
>
> Well Halo 3 kind of ruined all future halos. Simply due to the fact that CRS was so advanced for any game.
> So now people are all worried about their KD, which I admit that I am too. I just am because I already reached max rank… And there’s not really too much to look forward to. I mean don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love halo, but the way video games are going, there’s that constant need for something to look forward to. (Don’t worry thought, I’ll play halo 4 till the next game comes out because I LOVE halo)
>
> I’m just worried about people ripping on me and assuming I suck because of my KD. I’ll be honest, I’m sort of scared to play too much flood or CTF, just because I die ALOT. Where slayer, I whoop butt. And it all affects my KD, when I just want to relax and not worry about my KD with objective based games. :frowning:

I’m about an average player. Slayer, my K/D is just a little higher than 1.10. but for objective, I think I’m around .8. My overall is about .9 because of it. I play a LOT more object game types than slayer.

The four to six million faceless brodudes who the game was marketed towards.

If there were ranks in game nobody would care about KD. Since their aren’t, people need something to play for and KD is the next thing that is visible with a click in game. Hence, people play for KD instead of wins now.

K/D =/= Skill
You can run around on grifball and get killionaires easy and then argue that you have skill.

I’d prefer to have more kills than deaths, anyone would say that. I think skill pertains to the placement someone comes in on games. 1st on you’re team every game and you win. You’ve got skill.

But you can have a positive K/D and come in last on your team every game. 4 kills no deaths. All it takes is a kill ahead and then camping the rest of the game.

As for what Mr.Tags said. I’ll agree. If they had a ranking system like Halo 3, where it took skill to obtain. Nobody would care about K/D.
In the early days of H3 when you ran into a 50 you knew what you were getting into.

As long as I kill more people than I die I’m happy.

It’s one way to measure a player. Certainly not the full story. But for SLAYER game type, it is a very good way to gauge a players’s skills. I personally think KD matters, as I play mostly slayer game types.

How many times do you want to die in real life? None, because then your dead. It’s sort of like that in video games. The least amount of times you die, the better off you and your team is, with certian exceptions of corse like if it’s objective and you can score, go for it. I go for k/d and the win. They should have Slayer k/d and objective k/d in the sevice record

> It’s one way to measure a player. Certainly not the full story. But for SLAYER game type, it is a very good way to gauge a players’s skills. I personally think KD matters, as I play mostly slayer game types.

I agree with you on that where as i as well play only slayer type variants. I want to win do not get me wrong. Negative K/D can point out weak players specially when they have next to nothing in the assist colume, if there is someone with a bad K/D and a good amount of assists it points out that they probably are not bad players just got a bad roll of the dice