So when do I start having fun?

So I’ve played about 3 hours of Halo Infinite so far and man do I have some opinions. I started playing during the September 24th flight and promptly realized about two hours in that the games base mode of slayer just doesn’t work, I mean you’re spartan has the health bar equivalent of wet toilet paper, you can barely engage against a single person without being torn to shreds, anything more then that and you’re absolutely screwed. It doesn’t help that your starting AR is the best weapon in the game, being able to shoot across the map with comfortable accuracy. This is especially a problem on maps like Bazaar and Recharge, where the high ground is where you’re gonna find yourself most of the game if you wanna win, leading to an ultimately repetitive style that goes like this. 1. Game Starts 2. Run straight to a high point 3. kick back and relax because for some reason 343 thought it prudent to also place the battle rifle and commando as spawn drops in all the high ground spots, deviating from this formula that I have just laid out is essentially opting yourself into dying, as you valiantly but hopelessly get torn apart by the starting AR. Now after subjecting myself to the torture that was slayer, I decided to take a break from the game and wait for the next flight knowing that BTB would be coming soon, and hopefully, that would be fun. Fast forward to now and I get into my first game of capture the flag, and I’ll admit I was actually enjoying it, the incentives to camp were completely thrown out the window and the game now focused on working with teammates to go deep into enemy territory against a hail of bullets while narrowly escaping with the flag. The AR was now fairly useless against my Warthog and Mongoose that could go from 0 to 60 mph in less than a second, and both team’s flags were placed in reasonably exposed areas that made for a fair challenge in capturing, but definitely not impossible. In those first 5 minutes, all my worries about halo Infinite disappeared. Then the enemy flags got moved inside their base and all that hope went straight out the window. I’m not sure how anybody’s supposed to reasonably capture that flag, considering that it’s in a small room with narrow hallways which the enemy can just chuck grenades into, in the theoretical situation that you do manage to grab the flag, outside the room waiting for you is a world of pain consisting of AR’s and grenades with a calculated success rate of about .000777% because the vehicle you rode to get there in the first place has been promptly blown up, and all of your teammates except you have died with the rest having to run across the entire map to get to you. I imagine that in order to capture this flag you would need teamwork on par with seal team six, or for the entire enemy team to have a simultaneous stroke. Hoping into my next BTB game of slayer I was a little bit hesitant considering my last flight experience. Once again my fears were realized as the AR still reigns supreme, while your supposed super soldier spartan gets melted by about 5 bullets. It wouldn’t be so bad was it not for the fact that the majority of the gameplay was swallowed up by having to run back to the fight because now every vehicle was taken with there no longer being a flag to defend. If you wanna “finish this fight” be prepared to run a 5-mile marathon back to it every time you die. That’s honestly all I have to say about the game though, It could be really fun, I want it to be really fun, but it has some major balancing issues before it gets there. I know that a lot of people are really enjoying the game, and I’m glad about that, Halo is a franchise that I and a lot of people value and want to see succeed, but if this is the multiplayer experience its offering, then boy that story better be a 10/10.

Agreed, I think the biggest fixes 343i I could do realistically that would help massively are: Nerf the AR, bring back nade physics, bring back friendly fire and collision. Nerfing the AR will help the TTK, since most other guns feel mostly reasonable, bringing back FF and collision should also help the horrific nade spam and the deathzones such as the middle of Bazaar.

Sounds like you just need to get better, a personal problem. So far so good for me.

When you have more experience with the game and can find what works for you and what you enjoy?

Or never, in which case have fun with whatever game you decide to play instead.

I’m pretty sure the AR is what we’re getting in the wake of the game going free to play and them trying to maintain a large playerbase of people who don’t understand Halo. You don’t need to play Halo like Halo if the starting weapon is all you need. It keeps new players feeling like they’re, “good,” without needing to play the game how it’s meant to be played.

If they couldn’t get easy kills with the starting weapon, they would just get off after a few games. The free to play crowd is going to be huge and I bet most of them don’t even realize there’s weapon pickups on the map. There’s gonna be CoD players looking for loadouts in the menus.

Unfortunately, this is a detriment to the actual Halo fans.

> 2533274808122910;3:
> Sounds like you just need to get better, a personal problem. So far so good for me.

I don’t think it just a “get better” situation, the problems are real and that AR it just op and in Arena its not even fun being sprayed from the other side of the map with and AR and doing nothing with a BR.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Splitgate is a fun alternative

> 2533274954421300;6:
> > 2533274808122910;3:
> > Sounds like you just need to get better, a personal problem. So far so good for me.
>
> I don’t think it just a “get better” situation, the problems are real and that AR it just op and in Arena its not even fun being sprayed from the other side of the map with and AR and doing nothing with a BR.

Idk…for me each perform fine, some weird things here for a beta of course, but not that bad.

> 2533274808122910;8:
> > 2533274954421300;6:
> > > 2533274808122910;3:
> > > Sounds like you just need to get better, a personal problem. So far so good for me.
> >
> > I don’t think it just a “get better” situation, the problems are real and that AR it just op and in Arena its not even fun being sprayed from the other side of the map with and AR and doing nothing with a BR.
>
> Idk…for me each perform fine, some weird things here for a beta of course, but not that bad.

Well the AR performs a little too fine