So... what's with friendly fire in WZFF?

There should be absolutely no reason why teammates can be splattered and vehicles can be destroyed by teammates. Why is this even a part of the design? The entire point of WZFF is teamwork, but accidents and griefing happen, so why allow friendly fire this way?

But…Friendly Fire is off

Vehicles can be destroyed by teammates? I didn’t know that.

I agree. There’s no point in having splatter damage on teammates.

But…Friendly Fire is off

> 2533274924417106;2:
> But…Friendly Fire is off

He’s referring to when I run you over with my wraith because you forgot to check both ways before crossing the street.

> 2533274855477511;5:
> > 2533274924417106;2:
> > But…Friendly Fire is off
>
>
> He’s referring to when I run you over with my wraith because you forgot to check both ways before crossing the street.

Thats how its always been. The only way you can kill teammates is by splattering and its like that so teammates cant just step in front of your vehicle and stop them because they cant die.

> 2533274924417106;6:
> > 2533274855477511;5:
> > > 2533274924417106;2:
> > > But…Friendly Fire is off
> >
> >
> > He’s referring to when I run you over with my wraith because you forgot to check both ways before crossing the street.
>
>
> Thats how its always been. The only way you can kill teammates is by splattering and its like that so teammates cant just step in front of your vehicle and stop them because they cant die.

I’m pretty sure the vehicle would just push the player.

> 2533274855477511;7:
> > 2533274924417106;6:
> > > 2533274855477511;5:
> > > > 2533274924417106;2:
> > > > But…Friendly Fire is off
> > >
> > >
> > > He’s referring to when I run you over with my wraith because you forgot to check both ways before crossing the street.
> >
> >
> > Thats how its always been. The only way you can kill teammates is by splattering and its like that so teammates cant just step in front of your vehicle and stop them because they cant die.
>
>
> I’m pretty sure the vehicle would just push the player.

Even worse. Then trolls would just keel pushing you off maps and places you cant go so its really a lose-lose.

> 2533274924417106;2:
> But…Friendly Fire is off

It’s not traditional friendly fire. It’s via splattering and vehicle damage. Splattering has indeed always been that way, but I would much rather have people being pushed than killed, especially when it’s intentional both ways (either to grief by betraying or grief by intentionally becoming the victim of vehicular manslaughter to boot the driver). The player could always just be pushed to the side instead of forward so that there is not as much of a griefing issue. Vehicle damage by other players is just absurd, though.

> 2533274855477511;3:
> Vehicles can be destroyed by teammates? I didn’t know that.
>
> I agree. There’s no point in having splatter damage on teammates.

I always thought it was just placebo, until I saw a teammate destroy another teammates’s ghost while he was driving it.

I agree that splatter damage shouldn’t be a thing. I’ve lost games because I got road killed on the final boss and out team barely didn’t have enough firepower, but I wasn’t able to respawn in time. And even if I did, since I would’ve spawned across the map, it wouldn’t have mattered.

> 2533274924417106;8:
> > 2533274855477511;7:
> > > 2533274924417106;6:
> > > > 2533274855477511;5:
> > > > > 2533274924417106;2:
> > > > > But…Friendly Fire is off
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > He’s referring to when I run you over with my wraith because you forgot to check both ways before crossing the street.
> > >
> > >
> > > Thats how its always been. The only way you can kill teammates is by splattering and its like that so teammates cant just step in front of your vehicle and stop them because they cant die.
> >
> >
> > I’m pretty sure the vehicle would just push the player.
>
>
> Even worse. Then trolls would just keel pushing you off maps and places you cant go so its really a lose-lose.

It would prevent accidental betrayals and I call that a win.

The only friendly fire I see is when teammates get run over or get their vehicle rammed by a wraith. I’ve never personally seen a teammate’s vehicle get killed by friendly fire otherwise, I know you can do visual damage to teammates(ex. setting the scorpion turret on fire, making the wraith lose parts off its cannon), but not actual damage to them.

> 2810058517516004;13:
> The only friendly fire I see is when teammates get run over or get their vehicle rammed by a wraith. I’ve never personally seen a teammate’s vehicle get killed by friendly fire otherwise, I know you can do visual damage to teammates(ex. setting the scorpion turret on fire, making the wraith lose parts off its cannon), but not actual damage to them.

I literally saw a player shoot another player in his ghost until it exploded. The player wasn’t expecting that so I guess he didnt do anything about it.

The friendly fire Im talking about is exactly what you say too :confused:

I have seen it all and it stupid , ff has brought all the -Yoink- heads out of the wood work, hell the last game i played i was back at a distane with my dmr, guess the guy on the ghost didn’t like it after he nudged me a few times he just splattered me( and no i was not in the road i was on the top side left of the fortress). and yes i have killed people with my vehicles, 2 on accident and 2 on purpose. the two on purpose were trying to destroy my wraith with there warthog, instead of shooting at the four knights in the final round, after they got me smokeing i rammed them and blew the warthog up. this community is nothing like it use to be, and that sucks.

Splattering exists to prevent people from glitching out of bounds.

Lol this needs shut down now. you can not blow up teammates vehicles while they are being piloted. You can’t even EMP with a plasma pistol lol. Also gernades and bullets can not inflict damage on any scale the most they’ll do is distract you with the explosion from a sticky or frag. And if your ran over by a team mate you likely deserved it. And btw it’s not that hard to see a big blue dot on your radar headed directly toward you.

Nothing more annoying then spawning in on the 5th round with a High level REQ power weapon, only to get run over by your team mates Wraith - wait half a minute to spawn on the other side of the map and lose your REQ weapon due it disappearing in about 5 seconds…

> Lol this needs shut down now. you can not blow up teammates vehicles while they are being piloted. You can’t even EMP with a plasma pistol lol. Also gernades and bullets can not inflict damage on any scale the most they’ll do is distract you with the explosion from a sticky or frag. And if your ran over by a team mate you likely deserved it. And btw it’s not that hard to see a bigyyy blue dot on your radar headed directly toward you.

actually you can ive seen it happen and I have had plenty of damage done to my vehicles by other players, as far as deserve it that’s just stupid thinking, if your in a vehicle you have more of a responsibility to watch what the -Yoink- you are doing

You can do that on Halo reach firefight, why can’t you do it on Halo 5?