So. Whats going to change the tides now.

In halo There hasn’t been much to change a loosing battle. If you were behind 10 kills you were sure to loose. Most likely some one would soon leave because they knew they couldn’t win. Then all hope was lost.

A lot of people thought it was how a game sould be and so did I. Sure it seemed sad that no matter what if you were loosing nothing would save you but what else could you do. After awhile I decided to check out game known as CoD. I hated it down right but I did like it for one reason. There were Tide changers. A kill streak could turn your loosing game into a small chance to win. I played halo more because I was a huge fan but after playing CoD I was mad because there was no Tide changer.

Halo reach was the first halo to have tide changers. AA’s could be used to save your self and then launch a counter attack. If you were out numbered a well placed bubble shield and sticky could wipe them out and you could get the winning kill for your team. I was so happy and Thought “hay this thing works. Its a lot easyer to use then a CoD weapon change or a kill streak and can change the tides in a instant.” But then I looked at the bungie forums and saw so many people yelling at bungie “THIS IS NOT HALO. ARMOR LOCK IS STUPID. JETPACK DOES NOT WORK. SPRINT RUINS ARE LIVES” and even after all the bashing bungie still said “it was are best game”.

So its obvious armor abilitys are no more. Whats the next halo tide changer. Halo needs a tide changer. Its unfair that if a team starts to loose there no way to fix it.

what do you guys think. If you have an idea for a tide changer please leave it in a comment below

Armor Abilities are not “Tide Changers”. Obviously, you’re just looking for an argument here. It’s written all over your post.

Still, though I have no problems with armor abilities, I believe they shouldn’t be in Halo 4. Halo 1, 2 and 3 were Master Chief games. He never had Armor Abilities and I believe he shouldn’t in his next trilogy.

> In halo There hasn’t been much to change a loosing battle. If you were behind 10 kills you were sure to loose. Most likely some one would soon leave because they knew they couldn’t win. Then all hope was lost.
>
> A lot of people thought it was how a game sould be and so did I. Sure it seemed sad that no matter what if you were loosing nothing would save you but what else could you do. After awhile I decided to check out game known as CoD. I hated it down right but I did like it for one reason. There were Tide changers. A kill streak could turn your loosing game into a small chance to win. I played halo more because I was a huge fan but after playing CoD I was mad because there was no Tide changer.
>
> Halo reach was the first halo to have tide changers. AA’s could be used to save your self and then launch a counter attack. If you were out numbered a well placed bubble shield and sticky could wipe them out and you could get the winning kill for your team. I was so happy and Thought “hay this thing works. Its a lot easyer to use then a CoD weapon change or a kill streak and can change the tides in a instant.” But then I looked at the bungie forums and saw so many people yelling at bungie “THIS IS NOT HALO. ARMOR LOCK IS STUPID. JETPACK DOES NOT WORK. SPRINT RUINS ARE LIVES” and even after all the bashing bungie still said “it was are best game”.
>
>
> So its obvious armor abilitys are no more. Whats the next halo tide changer. Halo needs a tide changer. Its unfair that if a team starts to loose there no way to fix it.
>
> what do you guys think. If you have an idea for a tide changer please leave it in a comment below

If you and your team are bad you are supposed to lose no matter what. That’s what Halo was about until Reach.

> > In halo There hasn’t been much to change a loosing battle. If you were behind 10 kills you were sure to loose. Most likely some one would soon leave because they knew they couldn’t win. Then all hope was lost.
> >
> > A lot of people thought it was how a game sould be and so did I. Sure it seemed sad that no matter what if you were loosing nothing would save you but what else could you do. After awhile I decided to check out game known as CoD. I hated it down right but I did like it for one reason. There were Tide changers. A kill streak could turn your loosing game into a small chance to win. I played halo more because I was a huge fan but after playing CoD I was mad because there was no Tide changer.
> >
> > Halo reach was the first halo to have tide changers. AA’s could be used to save your self and then launch a counter attack. If you were out numbered a well placed bubble shield and sticky could wipe them out and you could get the winning kill for your team. I was so happy and Thought “hay this thing works. Its a lot easyer to use then a CoD weapon change or a kill streak and can change the tides in a instant.” But then I looked at the bungie forums and saw so many people yelling at bungie “THIS IS NOT HALO. ARMOR LOCK IS STUPID. JETPACK DOES NOT WORK. SPRINT RUINS ARE LIVES” and even after all the bashing bungie still said “it was are best game”.
> >
> >
> > So its obvious armor abilitys are no more. Whats the next halo tide changer. Halo needs a tide changer. Its unfair that if a team starts to loose there no way to fix it.
> >
> > what do you guys think. If you have an idea for a tide changer please leave it in a comment below
>
> If you and your team are bad you are supposed to lose no matter what. That’s what Halo was about until Reach.

Im not a bad player. I normally get 20-40 kills a game of swat and the same in invasion and BTB. But if Im given a bad team and have no way to save my team once they start rage quiting the game just becomes a horrible frustrating hide and seek. Halo needs tide changers

> Armor Abilities are not “Tide Changers”. Obviously, you’re just looking for an argument here. It’s written all over your post.
>
> Still, though I have no problems with armor abilities, I believe they shouldn’t be in Halo 4. Halo 1, 2 and 3 were Master Chief games. He never had Armor Abilities and I believe he shouldn’t in his next trilogy.

Sir you must of miss read because I was asking to keep armor abilities. I was asking for a tide changer.
you know. that thing that can turn a loosing teams chances a little higher.

You have to live with the fact that the trueskill system in Reach sucks horrible. If you want to have more fun, play with a party.

The tide changers in Halo 2 and 3 were when that crazy dude got the Sniper Rifle and started picking people off, or when those two best friends got into their Warthog and rampaged around killing people, or when that guy got a lucky Overkill with the Rocket Launcher, or that one time I threw two plasma grenades and killed the enemy’s full Warthog and the unfortunate Mongoose alongside. Those were true Halo moments.

> You have to live with the fact that the trueskill system in Reach sucks horrible. If you want to have more fun, play with a party.

-_-
WERE WAS I TALKING ABOUT TRUE SKILL
I had nothing said about true skill
I had just said halo needs a tide changer and that my normal kills in a halo game is 20-40 kills.
I said nothing about true skill
and I did’nt say keep armor abilities

READ

> > You have to live with the fact that the trueskill system in Reach sucks horrible. If you want to have more fun, play with a party.
>
> -_-
> WERE WAS I TALKING ABOUT TRUE SKILL
> I had nothing said about true skill
> I had just said halo needs a tide changer and that my normal kills in a halo game is 20-40 kills.
> I said nothing about true skill
> and I did’nt say keep armor abilities
>
> READ

Do you know what trueskill is? It’s the factor that “shows” your skill. You get party up with people that have a similiar trueskill like you but in Reach it doesn’t work really well. And where did I say sth. about AA’s?

> The tide changers in Halo 2 and 3 were when that crazy dude got the Sniper Rifle and started picking people off, or when those two best friends got into their Warthog and rampaged around killing people, or when that guy got a lucky Overkill with the Rocket Launcher, or that one time I threw two plasma grenades and killed the enemy’s full Warthog and the unfortunate Mongoose alongside. Those were true Halo moments.

Thats not a tide changer if both teams have the same exsact thing

but it was fun sniping people in halo 3 with all the places I could go :stuck_out_tongue: in halo reach theres only like 2 and every one knows them. It was also fun grabbing a SMG and Just making a stand with it and a sticky. Those were the times but I got annoyed after that if a friend left. :frowning: werd he go no one know but if we were in a tie with the other team there simple +1 number would win.
halos wierd and unfair like that some times.

Vehicles, powerups and power weapons acted as tide changers in previous games, and they took a bit of skill to use effectively, unlike killstreaks which are more making things do the work for you than anything, and that should not happen in a game revolving around skill rather than practically handing players kills on a silver platter.

> Armor Abilities are not “Tide Changers”. Obviously, you’re just looking for an argument here. It’s written all over your post.
>
> Still, though I have no problems with armor abilities, I believe they shouldn’t be in Halo 4. Halo 1, 2 and 3 were Master Chief games. He never had Armor Abilities and I believe he shouldn’t in his next trilogy.

Oh really? Well I guess that when we were losing by 30 points in big team my 3 friends and I switched to armor lock and then we only lost by 9 points, armor abilities definitely aren’t tide changers.

> > The tide changers in Halo 2 and 3 were when that crazy dude got the Sniper Rifle and started picking people off, or when those two best friends got into their Warthog and rampaged around killing people, or when that guy got a lucky Overkill with the Rocket Launcher, or that one time I threw two plasma grenades and killed the enemy’s full Warthog and the unfortunate Mongoose alongside. Those were true Halo moments.
>
> Thats not a tide changer if both teams have the same exsact thing
>
> but it was fun sniping people in halo 3 with all the places I could go :stuck_out_tongue: in halo reach theres only like 2 and every one knows them. It was also fun grabbing a SMG and Just making a stand with it and a sticky. Those were the times but I got annoyed after that if a friend left. :frowning: werd he go no one know but if we were in a tie with the other team there simple +1 number would win.
> halos wierd and unfair like that some times.

Yes they are, if they propel the losing team’s score ahead of the formerly winning team’s score.

> Vehicles, powerups and power weapons acted as tide changers in previous games, and they took a bit of skill to use effectively, unlike killstreaks which are more making things do the work for you than anything, and that should not happen in a game revolving around skill rather than practically handing players kills on a silver platter.

Yeah I agree with that 100%. If someone got a Sniper in H1,2,3 and he was a beast with it, the enemies didn’t had a chance than and it could easily turn a match for your team.

> > > You have to live with the fact that the trueskill system in Reach sucks horrible. If you want to have more fun, play with a party.
> >
> > -_-
> > WERE WAS I TALKING ABOUT TRUE SKILL
> > I had nothing said about true skill
> > I had just said halo needs a tide changer and that my normal kills in a halo game is 20-40 kills.
> > I said nothing about true skill
> > and I did’nt say keep armor abilities
> >
> > READ
>
> Do you know what trueskill is? It’s the factor that “shows” your skill. You get party up with people that have a similiar trueskill like you but in Reach it doesn’t work really well. And where did I say sth. about AA’s?

sorry I was sorta mixing up replys in there

And I do know what true skill is.
and I agree it seems in halo reach it puts you in a team by rank instead (which is stupid as the only way to loose a rank in reach is to be banned).

> In halo There hasn’t been much to change a loosing battle. If you were behind 10 kills you were sure to loose. Most likely some one would soon leave because they knew they couldn’t win. Then all hope was lost.
>
> A lot of people thought it was how a game sould be and so did I. Sure it seemed sad that no matter what if you were loosing nothing would save you but what else could you do. After awhile I decided to check out game known as CoD. I hated it down right but I did like it for one reason. There were Tide changers. A kill streak could turn your loosing game into a small chance to win. I played halo more because I was a huge fan but after playing CoD I was mad because there was no Tide changer.
>
> Halo reach was the first halo to have tide changers. AA’s could be used to save your self and then launch a counter attack. If you were out numbered a well placed bubble shield and sticky could wipe them out and you could get the winning kill for your team. I was so happy and Thought “hay this thing works. Its a lot easyer to use then a CoD weapon change or a kill streak and can change the tides in a instant.” But then I looked at the bungie forums and saw so many people yelling at bungie “THIS IS NOT HALO. ARMOR LOCK IS STUPID. JETPACK DOES NOT WORK. SPRINT RUINS ARE LIVES” and even after all the bashing bungie still said “it was are best game”.
>
>
> So its obvious armor abilitys are no more. Whats the next halo tide changer. Halo needs a tide changer. Its unfair that if a team starts to loose there no way to fix it.
>
> what do you guys think. If you have an idea for a tide changer please leave it in a comment below

the foundation for your argument is that

1.) AA’s are being used
2.) 1 team is behind by ~10 points
and
3.) AA’s are tide changers.

this is absurd. you spawn with the AAs from the start, so if you need to ‘change the tides’ its not going to be in AA’s because you had them the WHOLE TIME.

AA’s are a pretty decent idea, but their implementation in reach was abysmal, to say the very least.

jet pack COMPLETELY removes the concept of ‘map control’ from the game, in its entirety.

armor lock is blatantly overpowered. anyone arguing that its balanced doesnt play against good people.

sprint lets you run away at the slightest hint of danger, + the kill times are incredibly long in reach so we have the most drawn out battles you could possibly imagine when power weapons arent being used (now basically mandatory lol).

hologram is 100% useless when you can use anything else because every other AA is infinitely better than hologram (at higher levels of play).

invis is obnoxious, but its not that great. it basically says ‘HERE I AM!’, which is odd considering its supposed to be a ‘stealth-type’ AA.

evade is god-tier when used properly. evade is by far the best AA when used properly.

bubble shield takes FOUR grenades to pop, and lasts what… 14 minutes? seems like it. slows the game down to a screeching halt, to say the least.

so yea… good idea, terrible implementation… across the board.

changing the tides of the game in halo means tightening up your technical play, working together, and not doing stupid stuff. its not about getting 1 player who gets a killstreak that jumps the team up in points by way of an AI controlled killstreak getting points FOR them.

> > Armor Abilities are not “Tide Changers”. Obviously, you’re just looking for an argument here. It’s written all over your post.
> >
> > Still, though I have no problems with armor abilities, I believe they shouldn’t be in Halo 4. Halo 1, 2 and 3 were Master Chief games. He never had Armor Abilities and I believe he shouldn’t in his next trilogy.
>
> Oh really? Well I guess that when we were losing by 30 points in big team my 3 friends and I switched to armor lock and then we only lost by 9 points, armor abilities definitely aren’t tide changers.

Armor Lock isn’t the tide changer. Your change of strategy was your tide changer.

The better player should win. Nuff said

AAs have caused much controversy. Therefore, they are far too complicated for Halo. remove them, please, and unify the Halo community once more.

NO

Let me say this again.

NO

The better team and players win and should win every time. There should not be things like AA’s or killstreaks to change the tide of a game.

Power weapons btw change the tide of the game this is enough. Map control is another thing to change the tide of a game. For the last time NO.

Halo does not need gimmicky gadgets that require nothing more than a press on the dpad or a one tap of a button on the controller to give one player the advantage over the other. If we wanted gameplay like this we would all just play rock paper scissors instead.

Instead better shooting, map control, awareness, control of power weapons and movement should be things that change a game, nothing else.

Skill and teamwork should change the tide, not a crutch.