So... What will you be doing on November 7 ??

What do you plan on doing while the Halo 4 servers are down??

It’s pretty much unavoidable, really. I mean, if you have bungie, who were the creators of Halo and kept it going for a decade, release this** about their 5th game in the franchise, what makes 343i think everything is gonna be A-OK without a beta for their game??
343i are making BIG changes to Halo (which I am super excited about don’t get me wrong), and they acknowledge (see 5:10 of video) using the Bungie code as their foundation for Halo 4, but they act like everything is going to be fine…
If Halo:Reach has a beta yet it still has problems (such as credit glitches, etc.), WHY does an unproven company, that has yet to develop a stand-alone game, think they can beat the odds???
<strong>THIS GAME’S MULTIPLAYER WILL BE BROKEN UPON RELEASE! MARK MY WORDS!**</strong>

without a beta?

rofl, there was a beta just you weren’t invited. it’s called in house beta for a reason …

I doubt it would be broken, if it is I’ll ignore it and try to do my best to keep leveling up.

I’ll probably be playing campaign for the first few days (depending on how long it is)

So I wouldn’t know

i meant a PUBLIC beta. sorry for not clarifying…

I’ll be playing Multiplayer.

I don’t care if it’s not perfect at launch. The majority of games do not have a beta anyways. Even games that DO have betas, still aren’t perfect. Games also went around 20 years without betas, and for the most part, they turned out fine.

I guess I don’t freak out about perfect 100% balance or no potential for bugs. That’s life. Nothing is perfect. To make a big deal about it as if a beta solves everything…is a little ignorant.

I doubt it will be down but I’ll be playing Campaign until I beat it anyway. If I’ve beaten it before the 7th I’ll be multiplaying it up or playing through the first episode of SpOps

Then there is still Campaign, Spartan Ops, Forge, and Custom Games to keep me occupied? You act like multiplayer is the ONLY thing there is to do in a Halo game.

Cool story… Pretty sure most people are going to be focused on campaign anyways

> Aggressive Sock Posted: 4 minutes ago
>
> I’ll be playing Multiplayer.
>
> I don’t care if it’s not perfect at launch. The majority of games do not have a beta anyways. Even games that DO have betas, still aren’t perfect. Games also went around 20 years without betas, and for the most part, they turned out fine.
>
> I guess I don’t freak out about perfect 100% balance or no potential for bugs. That’s life. Nothing is perfect. To make a big deal about it as if a beta solves everything…is a little ignorant.

I wasn’t asking for perfection. and the bold part of your statement is… really ignorant. Betas have happened for a good while and for good reason.

I doubt they’re acting like everything is going to be fine. They’re probably pooping bricks and doing everything in their power to make sure the game doesn’t just implode the second you go into multiplayer. They’re not a bunch of bro’s sitting around an office absent mindedly twiddling their thumbs and wondering what’s for lunch. They’ve worked their -Yoinks!- of on this game for 3+ years and have probably been hammering the crap out of the matchmaking code for a few years now. They’ve had internal beta’s too so I’m fairy confident that matchmaking will be up to the job on day one.

cough besides I’ll probably still be playing campaign on the 7th.

Uhh, i don’t know…that’s a weird question to ask…i’ll be playing whatever i feel like on the 7th.

Halo 4 will be amazing,Multiplayer and all. I think 343 has proved themselves already. If it takes you until November 6th to realize that OP than okay. The seventh I will probably be trying to go out and buy the game. (I doubt I’ll be able to get it on the 6th, but I’ll definately try to get it within a week of release) When I get it I’ll start the campaign on Heroic.

I’ll be playing the game on the 7th. Also aren’t must games broken at release? You have to give them some time. Other developers don’t even fix the problems and leave it be or what for a long time…

> > Aggressive Sock Posted: 4 minutes ago
> >
> > I’ll be playing Multiplayer.
> >
> > I don’t care if it’s not perfect at launch. The majority of games do not have a beta anyways. Even games that DO have betas, still aren’t perfect. Games also went around 20 years without betas, and for the most part, they turned out fine.
> >
> > I guess I don’t freak out about perfect 100% balance or no potential for bugs. That’s life. Nothing is perfect. To make a big deal about it as if a beta solves everything…is a little ignorant.
>
> I wasn’t asking for perfection. and the bold part of your statement is… really ignorant. Betas have happened for a good while and for good reason.

Sure, in house betas. I’d love some proof of some public betas for major release titles dating back to the 80’s through the mid to late 90’s. Enlighten me.

You claim the multiplayer will be broken and unplayable on launch day. Where’s your proof for this? Not ever multiplayer game is broken when it comes out, and as I said, getting rid of all kinks and bugs is just impossible. Don’t get me wrong, I get what you are saying, you want the best and smoothest experience from the get go, I understand and agree. What you aren’t taking into account, is that they have claimed to have been doing at least 4-5 hours of playtesting daily. They have also showed multiple builds off at multiple conventions and conferences…

Is that going to be as strong as 100,000’s+ trying it out online? Of course not, but it’s not as if the game is going to be a mess without it. You have no proof to base that off. It’s very possible the reason they didn’t do a beta for this game, is because they are very confident in what they have, and are doing more in-house testing than ever before. Who knows. It’s their game. I highly doubt they would put out their AAA title, Microsoft’s baby, and release it with so many bugs, glitches, script errors, unbalanced etc. to the point it’s unplayable.

A beta is an option, not a requirement just to have a great game from the get go.

Well if servers are down ill probably play the campaign and try it on legendary after i play it on normal to practice with the guns to improve accuracy while im at it before infinity slayer, dominion it would help alot im not real good with the magnum or plasma pistol itll be a good time killer until/ if the servers are down

I surrender. I wasn’t talking about campaign. I honestly think it’ll be the best Halo campaign ever.

I was speaking to the fact of balance, and fair, competitive play in multiplayer, and the fact that AAA titles struggle, to this day, to provide that from day one, better yet week or month one. And the fact that 343i has the complete backing and resources of MS to easily provide a public beta to provide the best product possible. Thats all.

I can pretty much guarantee the servers won’t be down on the release day. 343 wouldn’t let that happen. Even if they were down, I wouldn’t notice because I would be busy with the Campaign.

That’s the point of my topic, Aggressive.

btw, I totally respect you’re opinion, I’m just posing a probability. If anyone has the resources of a beta, its 343i (Halo is one of ,if not THE, main xbox 360 IP). It’s less of “give me, give me” and more of “why not??”

I don’t understand what the drawbacks are for 343i, if bungie did it for years.

> That’s the point of my topic, Aggressive.
>
> btw, I totally respect you’re opinion, I’m just posing a probability. If anyone has the resources of a beta, its 343i (Halo is one of ,if not THE, main xbox 360 IP). It’s less of “give me, give me” and more of “why not??”
>
> I don’t understand what the drawbacks are for 343i, if bungie did it for years.

Well in that case, there’s 2 drawbacks that come to mind:

  1. It makes the game less fresh when actually launched. 3 of the maps that are usually featured in the beta, just aren’t as fun or fresh anymore. The gameplay doesn’t feel as new since we had a couple weeks to play it already(that’s a good amount of time for hardcore players who grind a ton in short periods). It can also turn some people away if they don’t like something in it. Even though it’s just a beta, there’s still those players who always find something to hate, that will play it and instantly judge it and potentially not buy it. It can increase buys, but it can also decrease. It’s a gamble.

The more important reason it can be a bad thing:
2. It can lead to their game being hacked, and everything being spoiled. If i’m not mistaken, the Gear’s 3 beta was hacked and campaign and everything was spoiled months before the game even came out.

Obviously, that doesn’t always happen, but it’s still a risk.

For the record, I love playing the betas, I love being able to get a sample of the game while also helping them catch more bugs and balance issues etc. However, I am perfectly fine waiting for the game to come out to get my hands on it, and if they are confident enough not to need a beta, more power to them.