So what killed me here?

It said I was killed from a spirit… Like a ghost of grunt or something? Like I was meleed out of no where.

A Spirit, as in the airship they use other than Phantoms. They were probably dropping off Grunts to the side and they shot you, the explosion was most likely right behind you and did enough damage to kill you, especially since you had no shields and barely any health.

You can see blue bolts continue to shoot at that same spot while you’re in the respawn screen.

> 2533274833081329;2:
> A Spirit, as in the airship they use other than Phantoms. They were probably dropping off Grunts to the side and they shot you, the explosion was most likely right behind you and did enough damage to kill you.

I’m gonna half to pull a Ace of Nerds card and correct your link from the Type-25 Spirit to the Type-57 Spirit … lol.

LethalQ, fire up theater and see if you can track down that Spirit.

> 2533274883669557;3:
> > 2533274833081329;2:
> > A Spirit, as in the airship they use other than Phantoms. They were probably dropping off Grunts to the side and they shot you, the explosion was most likely right behind you and did enough damage to kill you.
>
> I’m gonna half to pull a Ace of Nerds card and correct your link from the Type-25 Spirit to the Type-57 Spirit … lol

Yeah I was looking at it and was thinking about changing it as well, but:

1. I got lazy

2. The back of the Spirit looks terrible as all -Yoink- personally, it looks like a mecha Eagle flying backwards. The T-25 looks much more recognizable

> 2533274883669557;3:
> > 2533274833081329;2:
> > A Spirit, as in the airship they use other than Phantoms. They were probably dropping off Grunts to the side and they shot you, the explosion was most likely right behind you and did enough damage to kill you.
>
> I’m gonna half to pull a Ace of Nerds card and correct your link from the Type-25 Spirit to the Type-57 Spirit … lol.
>
> LethalQ, fire up theater and see if you can track down that Spirit.

Going to have to go with a spirit of a grunt… :slightly_smiling_face:. May try and check it out in theater.

Probably a Spirit like others have said. I’ve had multiple deaths where I was like wtf happened. Firefight can be a weird place sometimes.

> 2727626560040591;6:
> Probably a Spirit like others have said. I’ve had multiple deaths where I was like wtf happened. Firefight can be a weird place sometimes.

Yeah it just really looked and felt like I was meleed.

Interesting. It definitely looks like you just suddenly stopped being alive. It was probably like the others said, a type something-or-other spirit

The AoE of a Spirit’s plasma explosive shot is what killed you. That’s why at your time of death there is a slightly blue-ish glare / flare effect on the bottom right of the screen. Why is this even a discussion on a Halo 5 forum just go in theatre and you can see what killed you.